Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss

Hey Whose Mule posted:

watching the Darjeeling Limited, 'Luftwaffe Automotive', tonight, it's good but i wish i was watching Moonrise Kingdom.

E.T.: 2.5/5 horseshoes, it hasn't held up very well imo. it has a very BYOB feel to it though.

Darjeeling Limited is my favorite Wes Anderson movie after Life Aquatic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

I like the whole Owen Wilson/Jason Schwartzman dynamic and think they play really well off of each other. Despite what other people say I think Owen Wilson is very funny and the framing of the movie and the whole train trip are right up my alley. And the bill murray scene at the beginning is like the icing on the cake

deep dish peat moss

Now that it's on Netflix I'm watching 1997's Spawn for the first time since 1997. What an amazing cast. Michael Jai White before anyone know who he was... John Leguizamo, Martin Sheen, and it was one of the first movies Michael Papajohn was in and that guy is like a ubiquitous bit player in action movies to this day. It got me thinking about how back in 1997 the definition of a "badass action hero" was someone who created wonton destruction and shot giant missiles at everything and blew poo poo up, but I think probably ever since 9/11 it shifted over to someone who does a bunch of ninja flips and takes out the bad guys silently.

deep dish peat moss

I liked him a lot more when he was irreverent and wasn't trying to create something meaningful. I think he worked a lot better with the loose narrative structure that he used in Bottle Rocket, Darjeeling Limited, Life Aquatic, Rushmore... etc than he does when he's trying to create a more serious narrative piece like Grand Budapest Hotel or Moonrise Kingdom or even Fantastic Mr. Fox. The characters were a lot more colorful and honest and didn't feel overacted like they do in the more recent pieces and, I guess this one is purely personal but the worlds he created in his earlier works were a lot more interesting to me than in later films but I'm just not a fan of historical pieces.

I think you're right though, it wasn't upside down but I forgot about his best movie, Royal Tenenbaums.

deep dish peat moss

It was like he used to have no real respect for the audience and that let him write the characters he wanted and make them likeably unlikable, but ever since Fantastic Mr. Fox it feels like he has been pandering to his audience and making the movies they want instead of the movies he wants. I don't know if that's true or if the man himself would agree but that's how it feels to me, a viewer.

• Locked thread