Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ok, I'm getting in on the game this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

2house2fly posted:

drat it I also forgot about the series 9 prologue which has one of my favourite dialogues in it:

OHILA: Will you go?
DOCTOR: No.
OHILA: Why do you always lie?
DOCTOR: Why do you always assume I'm lying?
OHILA: It saves time. The truth: will you go?
OHILA: When?
DOCTOR: Soon.
OHILA: Why? Did something happen?
OHILA: Was it recent?

God, it's like reading Beckett.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

edit: learn to read the OP, Doctor. :doh:

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jul 3, 2017

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Nah, I was decidedly tipsy at Christmas and still hated this. Also, the Doctor just walks away and leaves a man to die, which I still have problems with.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

But it's ok because the Doctor is eating snacks on the job and that's hilarious!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh, hmm. Guess I should watch that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

And More posted:

Personally, I find Black Mirror way too emotionally crushing to watch, but I guess I'll bite the bullet. :(

Basically, yeah. It's horribly dark and cynical, and I don't really derive any joy from watching it. I did watch San Junipero because it's the happy ending one and liked that. But every other episode is incredibly bleak.

• Locked thread