Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I disagree with the "what's the point of the soft reboot", My speculation is that, as Moffat knew it was his last season as showrunner, he decided to go out cleanly, rather than bombastically. To deliver one simple (mostly) stand-alone season of the show. Maybe the audience didn't need it. Sure. but I can understand Moffat's perspective, if that's the rationale.

Also, since this was Capaldi's last season, Moffat wanted to give him a season where he was playing a version of the Doctor that knew exactly who he was. it took two entire seasons plus a special for the Doctor to come through the funk that started in Deep Breath. Here, the Doctor is quintessentially the Doctor. It isn't a rehash-it's a reaffirmation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I wasn't feeling it, but it came together in the last ten minutes or so. It also helped that ultimately none of Bill's housemates died. Meaner people would say they chickened out, but I was more than fine with it given that they'd done very little to warrant dying horribly, and it would've been a little too dark at this point in the season.

• Locked thread