Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
If she's set on Fiji I'd look at Oarsman's Bay resort in the outer Yasawa islands, I think it was Nacula island. You can take the speedboat shuttle to get out there. Stunning beaches/water, and you've never seen the night sky until you've been this far away from light pollution.

Agreed w/ webmeister in that you need to get off the main island to enjoy awesome beaches in Fiji.

For Thailand, Ko Phangan and Ko Phi Phi have good beaches, and are cheap, but it will be crowded/touristy.

I'd advise against Boracay in the Philippines, as the algae blooms have ruined what once was a spectacular beach. But I've heard El Nido is still awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Private Label posted:

My friend and I just looked a trip to Fiji in late May... any favorite islands people have been to? We're there for 2 weeks, and were looking at staying on the main island for a couple days and then parking it on 1 or 2 other islands for the rest of the trip. Mainly looking for nice beaches, perhaps some snorkeling.

Unless you're going to the east side of the island, that's probably the worst time ever to go, as Interhash will be there from the 24-27th - 4-5 thousand drunken runners stumbling about the Nadi area and surroundings. Getting a hotel will be awful.

But I recommend Nacula for remote awesome beach in the Yasawas.

• Locked thread