Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Is The Ultimate Warrior
Umiko Ahagon
Hajime Shinoda
Suzukaze Aoba
Sakura Nene
Tooyama Rin
Yagami Kou
Takimoto Hifumi
Iijima Yun
Hazuki Shizuku
Christina Wako Yamato
Momiji Mochizuki
Tsubame Narumi
The two background characters who I think are a gay couple
View Results

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Agronox posted:

Actually the strangest thing about this new chapter is that the cat must be anime original? I could've sworn he showed up in earlier chapters but maybe not.

Muzuku is the best part of the show. Every time he's on screen, I'm like, "hey it's Muzuku."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Agronox posted:

Actually the strangest thing about this new chapter is that the cat must be anime original? I could've sworn he showed up in earlier chapters but maybe not.

I have no idea, but looking at older chapters, I don't see the cat. It might either be anime original or the first season development coincided with the publishing of the chapters at that time.

As a note, Hazuki doesn't show up until the end of the second volume during the release party of Fairies Story 3 so all of the scenes with her in the first season are largely original.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

I don't think the new character has a fanservice design so much as she was just in a particularly thirsty chapter. I'm sure she'll fit in fine once she makes her regular debut.
Hopefully so, but considering your av you might just be desensitized. :v:
(good show though)

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I can't believe Aoba would tease Hifumi about being flustered, what a jerk! :mad:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Hifumi is an extremely powerful boss.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

a french greeting, and a russian taunt

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Are they gay or european

Feels like we've backed down on the more serious character work a notch or two, but it's still there and still good. And it's certainly hard for me to complain about the show spending more time on fluff when the fluff is consistently as good as New Game's is.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
"Hey, let's have an underwater section, and let’s make it a forced stealth section as well because you can't attack! Won't that be thrilling? :downs:"

I was surprised there wasn't an audible groan in the background from every gamer on the planet when they came up with that idea.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Jagged Jim posted:

"Hey, let's have an underwater section, and let’s make it a forced stealth section as well because you can't attack! Won't that be thrilling? :downs:"

I was surprised there wasn't an audible groan in the background from every gamer on the planet when they came up with that idea.

Since we don't know anything about the game besides the plot and the costume mechanics, it's hard to say how out of place it is. There's definitely a strong stealth element to the game at base. Additionally, it's not forced duo much as it is much more difficult to not go stealth.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Up to chapter 50 of the manga

New Game is really good

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Sindai posted:

Hifumi is an extremely powerful boss.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I can't believe Aoba would tease Hifumi about being flustered, what a jerk! :mad:

:hai:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Spiritus Nox posted:

Are they gay or european

Feels like we've backed down on the more serious character work a notch or two, but it's still there and still good. And it's certainly hard for me to complain about the show spending more time on fluff when the fluff is consistently as good as New Game's is.

I dunno, after Good poo poo like Hifumi trying to fight her social anxiety and Aoba working through her feelings of wanting to surpass her mentor while valuing her as a friend I welcome some fun fluff too. It does help that New Game does fluff very well though, yea.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Show continues to excel, really like how this ep expanded on a bit I thought was pretty rushed in the manga. S2's really comfortably exceeding my expectations so far, and my expectations were pretty high.

I bet we meet the new chars next ep.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

OMFG they're literally hitting each other with squids

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aoba's was loads better tbh

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
who must I destroy for aoba to stop crying

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Kou

You'll make Rin cry if you do that tho

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

marketing practices

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Publishers! :argh:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Aoba's was loads better tbh

Kou's was better as a first release sort of key visual. Aoba's is better as part of a storyboard for a trailer since it shows off a lot more.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Xelkelvos posted:

Kou's was better as a first release sort of key visual. Aoba's is better as part of a storyboard for a trailer since it shows off a lot more.

Yeah, I liked Aoba's better all on its own but once I saw Kou's as a magazine cover I could see why they chose it, it makes a really, really good cover image.

Aoba is a stronger person than I am, I know that I'd be moping around for weeks.

gently caress publishers. :argh:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

omg :( :( :(

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kou stunted on her that was devastating

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
This show isn't supposed to break my heart like this!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

One of the low-key best elements of this little plotline is how much Kou really obviously hates having to be one of Aoba's competitors and how much she'd really rather just mentor her and help her grow. It's a really great spin on the usual sort of professional rivalry plotline.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

yeah

the world is a gently caress

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

This reminded me a lot of the trumpet solo competition in Sound Euphonium, but with added layers of dimensionality.

Good job, show.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

step
by
step
and
dai
jampuuu

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Can we please change thread title to NENE QUEST?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Change it to "New Game +: NENE QUEST IS THE NEW DARK SOULS"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

step
by
step
and
dai
jampuuu

The ED has definitely grown on me. :3:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I've learned how to say the weekdays in Japanese thanks to this

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Hifumi nendo for preorder :neckbeard:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I approve of the Sojiro nendo.

Trico
Nov 5, 2009

still you are nowhere

Negrostrike posted:

I've learned how to say the weekdays in Japanese thanks to this

:same:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

New characters! New ending! (I liked the first ending better.) I'm guessing they will adjust the opening a bit next week too.

And huge congrats to Nenecchi :3:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nene Quest Level 2 begins!

"No one's ever had high hopes for me before!" Awww Nenechhi

Glad the publisher lady got more time this week, although it came at the expense of maybe leaving Momo/Naru's intro a little thin. We're almost caught up to the fan translations, so I'm excited to see how things go from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

• Locked thread