Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Is The Ultimate Warrior
Umiko Ahagon
Hajime Shinoda
Suzukaze Aoba
Sakura Nene
Tooyama Rin
Yagami Kou
Takimoto Hifumi
Iijima Yun
Hazuki Shizuku
Christina Wako Yamato
Momiji Mochizuki
Tsubame Narumi
The two background characters who I think are a gay couple
View Results

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Baloogan posted:

okay thank god

what other anime are like this? i really like how realistic their work is

Servant x Service, kind of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Baloogan posted:

okay thank god

what other anime are like this? i really like how realistic their work is

I second Shirobako. It's another "business anime" and it's very, very good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shirobako is really good but it suffers from an oversized cast and sameface designs so get a notebook to keep track of who is who and you'll be golden

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the character designs in shirobako are really colorful and distinct though??? it'd be impossible to mix up most of the characters in that show

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Sep 25, 2017

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah of all the things you could say about Shirobako's character designes "has a lot of sameface designs" isn't anywhere close to one of them.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Two new translated manga chapters the day before the episode that covers them airs? :v:

Kou!!!!!

Absum
May 28, 2013

The scanlators have consistently kept pace/barely ahead of the anime, major props to them.

Also now that the manga has covered all of s2 I can finally start watching the anime yay (I didn't want to risk my enjoyment of the manga by watching the anime first).

fakeedit: The author does have an older work for anyone that doesn't know btw. It's a bit worse than new game iirc but it is in full colour.

Both series are very relaxing for me to read, similar to non non biyori.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Shirobako is really good but it suffers from an oversized cast and sameface designs so get a notebook to keep track of who is who and you'll be golden

You just described 99% of animes ever made, congratulations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

paragon1 posted:

Yeah of all the things you could say about Shirobako's character designes "has a lot of sameface designs" isn't anywhere close to one of them.

The absolutely do though. Most shows will diversify their main cast facially by giving them different eye shapes and doing poo poo with their mouth and that's absolutely untrue of Shirobako. Face means face, it doesn't mean everything else about a character as well.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 25, 2017

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
sounds like im watching shirobako! thanks thread

i can keep track of the chars on LOGH i think i can handle shirobako

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Baloogan posted:

sounds like im watching shirobako! thanks thread

i can keep track of the chars on LOGH i think i can handle shirobako

please add an official third aerial girls expansion for cmano

this will make sense when you finish shirobako

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The absolutely do though. Most shows will diversify their main cast facially by giving them different eye shapes and doing poo poo with their mouth and that's absolutely untrue of Shirobako. Face means face, it doesn't mean everything else about a character as well.

Turn your monitor on.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Read the latest chapters on Dynasty, which will probably be the entirity of our finale tomorrow. Really nice stuff - maybe a bit rushed due to the 4-koma format, but the anime's done a great job of expanding and connecting scenes all season, so I'm really excited to see how DogaKobo sees us off tomorrow.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

paragon1 posted:

Turn your monitor on.

Sorry I criticised your show with an absolutely applicable criticism and that you had to own me so hard :(

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
If Shirobako were "my show" I'd probably have a hell of a lot more posting cred around here.

That said get your eyes checked so you can stop being wrong about anime.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

what even is posting cred

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
It's okay fellas, Shirobako is my show and I freely admit it suffers from sameface. It is still excellent though!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shirobako doesnt really have sameface, i can tell the characters apart at a glance. they have different eyeshapes and builds and stuff. the 'main' 5 girls look kind of similar but all the guys and all the older women look very different from each other. I never had a problem telling characters apart at all. I mean, I didn't remember everyone's names but whenever someone showed up I was like 'yeah, that guy.'

edit: accusing shirobako of same face in the new game thread is some next-level mixup

Endorph fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Sep 26, 2017

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i want to play PECO

but i don't have a play station :gonk:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Baloogan posted:

i want to play PECO

but i don't have a play station :gonk:

I want to play it to see if it has more of a plot than "I got transported to a different world. Welp, better start killing the local populace and wearing their skins!"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mirage posted:

I want to play it to see if it has more of a plot than "I got transported to a different world. Welp, better start killing the local populace and wearing their skins!"
they said the villain was a sick girl who created the world to escape from the fact that she was dying so i guess the ending would be her accepting death

or maybe bear murder cured her illness and her and peco become friends in the real world

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Endorph posted:

they said the villain was a sick girl who created the world to escape from the fact that she was dying so i guess the ending would be her accepting death

or maybe bear murder cured her illness and her and peco become friends in the real world

IIRC they never said anything about her dying, just that she has been very sickly and unable to go outside and make friends so she escaped into this fantasy world populated by her stuffed animals where she controls everything. It makes a lot of sense because children often desire control over their surroundings and long term illness makes you feel even less in control than normal, combine that with loneliness and some magic bullshit and you get this stuffed animal fantasy world.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

take your girlfriend to france with you ko you dickhead!!!!!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

shirobako doesnt really have sameface, i can tell the characters apart at a glance. they have different eyeshapes and builds and stuff. the 'main' 5 girls look kind of similar but all the guys and all the older women look very different from each other. I never had a problem telling characters apart at all. I mean, I didn't remember everyone's names but whenever someone showed up I was like 'yeah, that guy.'

edit: accusing shirobako of same face in the new game thread is some next-level mixup

The big issue to me was that there are a crapton of characters introduced all at once and it's a style that's a little more realistic so it was hard to remember who was who

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this show blew past my expectations and ended up being my favorite show this season, possibly this year

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
God drat, I did not expect to love season 2 so much. God drat!

After My Hero Academia S2, this is probably my second favorite show of the entire season

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

this show blew past my expectations and ended up being my favorite show this season, possibly this year

Same. It's easily my AOTS, and it's gonna be really hard to decide between this and MaiDragon for my AOTY. Great adaptation of a good manga. Even besides just how good DogaKobo's production values are throughout, they did a great job of adding in more meat and connective tissue in and around scenes that the manga, being a 4-koma kind of had to compress or awkwardly transition between. Rin and Kou's confession and all the surrounding material is a prime example. I can see how one could walk away from the manga feeling that things went a bit too quietly or quickly, but the adaptation reorders things slightly, recontextualizes a scene or two, and fleshes out key conversations to make the whole arc really sing - plus the character animation on both of them is just gorgeous throughout. There were moments when this show could have passed for a KyoAni production.

Show's probably up there with Hidamari Sketch and K-On as far as Top-Tier Slice Of Life goes, as far as I'm concerned. It balances comedy and drama really well, has a really charismatic cast of characters that bounce off of each other wonderfully, and just exudes an air of overwhelming affection for its characters that it invites the audience to share in. A+ stuff.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I can't watch the last episode until next week but I really hope there's a third season where Hifumi and Aoba get together. Or that they get together in the last episode.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

It has to end with Hifumi bearing Aoba's child.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I can't believe this dumb gay show ended with an airport confession.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/himaholic3/status/912676668648460288

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
noooo ko, don't work at ubisoft, it isn't worth it!!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

paragon1 posted:

noooo ko, don't work at ubisoft, it isn't worth it!!

seriously if she gets put on the new assassin's creed she's gonna fly back in a month

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
is there gonna be a season 3?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't know if there's even enough manga for that yet

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm pretty sure I heard that, not counting volume 5, which is a prequel that the anime skipped, we ended only a few chapters behind the most recent release, with new chapters releasing monthly. Could be a while before there's enough material for a season 3, barring DogaKobo or someone just deciding to do original material.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I will write the new season

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you'd write out naru and momo so i do not trust you with that responsibility

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
let me write season 3

I will pair up all the girls.

be ready for Aoba harem of Hifumi and Yun.

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Yue?

• Locked thread