Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol the Blue Jays aren't swinging at any of his sliders out of the zone so he just keeps throwing them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Good job Brad

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Phew

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That could have been much worse

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

the Blue Jays' kryptonite - having RISP.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

gently caress Lucas Harrell for giving me a modicum of false hope a few years back

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol Beltran didn't score on that, he's so slow. Gurriel could have had a triple if the bases were empty

At what point do we glue Beltran to the bench? In his last 282 PA coming into today he's .226/.284/.416

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

lol Beltran didn't score on that, he's so slow. Gurriel could have had a triple if the bases were empty

At what point do we glue Beltran to the bench? In his last 282 PA coming into today he's .226/.284/.416

:rolleyes:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I know that's in line with the Astros DH numbers since they got to the AL but that doesn't make them good

It also doesn't help when you're parking the worst hitter on your team in the middle of the order

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I get the feeling that the Cubs simply aren't going to wake up. That they're going to hover around .500 the entire year.

Intruder posted:

I know that's in line with the Astros DH numbers since they got to the AL but that doesn't make them good

It also doesn't help when you're parking the worst hitter on your team in the middle of the order

That's a difficult decision. He's obviously the worst hitter in the lineup but he's had such a positive impact with Correa, Altuve, Gurriel, etc. You probably don't want to mess with that.

The answer is to hit him 7th or so, in my opinion.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

drat Gattis didn't even barrel that

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Gattis - the superior beefy lad

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Kyle Schwarber wishes he had Gattis' beefy lad game.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
This game better bring back Chief Justice Junkball Pitcher.

Kirios posted:

Kyle Schwarber wishes he had Gattis' beefy lad game.

I think you misspelled "Luke Voit" there, buddy.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Assuming the Astros win I am thrilled to leave this series going 2-2 with the Blue Jays.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

orioles-twins is going to have a higher combined score than cubs-pirates

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I feel like once the Astros rotation is healthy it should be Keuchel - McCullers - Morton - McHugh - Fiers.

Peacock has been better than expected as a fill-in for the rotation, but I feel he was much more effective out of the bullpen.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Kirios posted:

I feel like once the Astros rotation is healthy it should be Keuchel - McCullers - Morton - McHugh - Fiers.

Peacock has been better than expected as a fill-in for the rotation, but I feel he was much more effective out of the bullpen.

I'm really pumped for McHugh to be back. Don't get me wrong, the Astros have generally been rootable already. McHugh coming back though will probably have me actively tracking his starts though. He's easily my favorite non-Cardinal pitcher.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
All Astros fans are thrilled that he'll finally be back right after the All Star break. Really, the fact that the Astros will (probably) be 60-29 going into the All Star break with 4/5ths of their starters gone for long periods of time is insane.

I'm trying to take it all in as much as I can because I don't think the Astros will ever have a team that's this good in the regular season again.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
lol Paul DeJong is murdering Mets pitching

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Paul DeJong may be this year's Cardinals Bullshit. Is his name goofy enough for the thread?

Also, Len and JD talking about how long Yadi and Waino have been together is kind of adorable. :allears:

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Oh hey, Albert hit another dinger. 5 away from Sosa, 8 from Thome.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Aoki's been...good(?) his last few appearances. Not sure what he's doing different but I'm all for it. Cue Intruder posting a bunch of metrics proving me wrong

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
His OPS in July is still .547. He's still awful.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
HOLY gently caress this Astros team

15-0 are you kidding me jesus gently caress

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kirios posted:

HOLY gently caress this Astros team

15-0 are you kidding me jesus gently caress

A good game

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I love my monster team

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
This is a football score. Two touchdowns, one of which is a 2 point conversion.

What a fantastic way to enjoy some baseball going into the All Star break. Gonna watch the gently caress out of the all star game this year.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The Braves bullpen is not good. The Nationals bullpen is not good. A day before the break could mean that this gets really fun.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

C'mon Washington. Grace isn't working. That means you need to bring in Solis.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I may be a big dumb idiot but I still have a lot of faith in Hoyt and I think he's one of our better bullpen arms.

I just think he's had awful luck this season.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Luke Voit is our new Beefy Lad.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Six RBI for Correa :eyepop:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Aoki's been...good(?) his last few appearances. Not sure what he's doing different but I'm all for it. Cue Intruder posting a bunch of metrics proving me wrong

How dare I :colbert:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
There is an excellent chance we'll see a position player pitching in the top of the 9th of the Blue Jays - Astros game.

:getin:

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Six RBI for Correa :eyepop:

:staredog:

https://twitter.com/astros/status/884139539572412418

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Ah, there it is. Random Tommy Pham injury.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
He reminds me heavily of Alex Rodriguez and I'm thrilled that to watch him for at least another four years.

(Astros will likely pay him to be one of the top 5 players in baseball)

Edit: Remember when people debated Lindor vs. Correa? Heh.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: not starting poo poo. Go Stros

Kirios posted:

He reminds me heavily of Alex Rodriguez and I'm thrilled that to watch him for at least another four years.

(Astros will likely pay him to be one of the top 5 players in baseball)

Edit: Remember when people debated Lindor vs. Correa? Heh.

Well he's not A-Rod but I'll take 80% of A-Rod any day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Intruder posted:

Well he's not A-Rod but I'll take 80% of A-Rod any day

So, A-Rod before the PEDs?