Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

dromal phrenia posted:

Well it's at least supposed to involve you beating the poo poo out of your opponent to a point where they're incapacitated. Which admittedly did happen after the match, by the loser of the match...

Braun walked away under his own power like a brave hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I hope Braun is shown backstage at Raw, stumbling around just like he was last night and still "bloodied" like he stumbled all the way to Houston.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Dango Bango posted:

I hope Braun is shown backstage at Raw, stumbling around just like he was last night and still "bloodied" like he stumbled all the way to Houston.

The best moment last night was when he sort of childishly yelled "LEAVE ME ALONE!" as he was walking away from the paramedics.

God fuckin drat do I love Braun

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

VJeff posted:

It's getting kinda crazy how someone gets busted up every time Shesaro and the Hardys fight on PPV.

Except Extreme Rules, weirdly enough!

"Shesaro" sounds like one of those Rivals.com puns for football teams. Like "Cowgirls" or "Vi-queens".

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

John Dudebro posted:

All I have wanted since the network launched is old b-shows. Give me all of velocity. Give me wcw saturday night. I want the weirdest shittiest old wrestling and I want it now

i prefer at least the first year of heat when it was the wwf's b-show

and where's thunder

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

dromal phrenia posted:

Well it's at least supposed to involve you beating the poo poo out of your opponent to a point where they're incapacitated.

As opposed to, you know, every other type of match.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Maybe this time WWE will turn Roma...

http://www.wwe.com/polls/did-roman-reigns-go-too-far-at-wwe-great-balls-of-fire?sf96713567=1

Nope, looks like they may try to justify this by saying Roman was right!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

31% Yes, Reigns should have kept his cool after his loss.
69% No, Strowman would have done the same thing to Reigns if he had the chance.

Nice

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's loving Pathetic to knowingly put forth the pretense that braun stromund would "do" the car wreck in order to hurt someone rather than throw a vehicle onto them or swang them into the distance if altitude permits

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
i went to college with the guy that made the Rock PAC. Couple years younger than me.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

Nice

lol whoever makes wwe polls has a future career at Rasmussen

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Very important Tournament going on over here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3826085

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Chris James 2 posted:

Nice

It's still that exact percentage

I think this might be rigged

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Braun is still wandering around the American Airlines Center looking like a blood demon

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

As opposed to, you know, every other type of match.

down for a three count is different from being able to force someone into an ambulance and shut the door

like how a last man standing involves a 10 count. the idea is that it should be far beyond just hitting your finisher or rolling someone up.

i mean, in theory

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Go RV! posted:

It's still that exact percentage

I think this might be rigged

Lmao it's STILL THE SAME. Unbelievable.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

vince sits in his chair, having just successfully rigged another poll. he scarfs down another snowcone, laughing.

"SIXTY NINE, THAT'S SOME FUNNY poo poo DAMNIT"

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

are we getting the formation of the balor club tonight or WHAT

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's absolutely believable that the wonderful WWE Universe would completely trust in anything The Big Dog, The Guy, Roman Reigns does to be The Right Move

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Roman should have the old Kane gimmick where he is under house arrest and the cops drag him down to the ring in chains and stuff. Because of his crimes

This but for Braun and he yanks the chains and sends people flying.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Destroy My Sweater posted:

are we getting the formation of the balor club tonight or WHAT

audience: WHAT

beetlo
Mar 20, 2005

Proud forums lurker!

Chris James 2 posted:

Nice

Lol leading options much?
And even after making the second option an obvious cop-out not the exact opposite of the first (what does what Braun would have done have to do with it?), they STILL rig it.

Could we maybe just word it like:

Was it right for Roman Reigns to attack Braun after the loss?
Yes
No

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I couldn't even click submit until I clicked 'No' and then clicked 'Yes' again.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The WWE never changes

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Vertical Lime posted:

i prefer at least the first year of heat when it was the wwf's b-show

and where's thunder

i somehow thought thunder was already on there and now i am furious that it is not

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

So, and I doubt this would ever come up, but out of curiosity and all that, what happens if during an ironman match, the last fall is a count out? The rules typically state the title cannot change hands on a count out (as we saw in Alexa vs Sasha), but do those rules not apply in an ironmatch? These are the sort of things you and the random guy next to you laugh and talk about when you're forced to sit through 15 minutes of firefighters using the jaws of life on an ambulance.

For the record I assume it would count because ironman matches do not officially stipulate that a title cannot change hands on a count out but I kinda wanna hear Dave's thoughts on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Akileese posted:

So, and I doubt this would ever come up, but out of curiosity and all that, what happens if during an ironman match, the last fall is a count out? The rules typically state the title cannot change hands on a count out (as we saw in Alexa vs Sasha), but do those rules not apply in an ironmatch? These are the sort of things you and the random guy next to you laugh and talk about when you're forced to sit through 15 minutes of firefighters using the jaws of life on an ambulance.

For the record I assume it would count because ironman matches do not officially stipulate that a title cannot change hands on a count out but I kinda wanna hear Dave's thoughts on this.

I'm sure the answer is 'however they feel like doing it', but I was watching old episodes of Saturday Night's Main Event from the 80s, and they had a 2/3 falls match where the faces won the first fall by DQ, then the final fall by pin, but were not awarded the titles because one of the falls was a DQ, so it invalidated the whole thing.

But I really doubt they'd do the same thing now.

• Locked thread