Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Good thing too since the landing was scary enough without any more rotation.

That landing seem 100 scarier than Omega/Ishii Dragon Suplex spot even though one looked more dangerous than the other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
braun strowman is already the greatest big man of all time

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

roman reigns is the greater man

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seriously, Raw was good as hell. Unless I'm mistaken, it's been good since Extreme Rules. I hope WWE keeps this up.

The solution is to have Joe win, btw. Hell, have Joe win and Roman win and do the battle of the Samoan Joes.

Also Corey's reaction to the moonsault counter was the greatest thing in history. He literally bursts out into amazed, incredulous laughter.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 4, 2017

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I was feeling sick and took a nap after the Miz/Slater match. I miss anything worth going back to see? Is Bayley's injury for-real or is she skipping town?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

VJeff posted:

He was always extremely versatile. Remember the Cena/Enzo and Cass vs. The Club feud? Dude came out of that feud looking like a motherfucking superstar because of his mouth.

Then the two of them fell off a cliff right after that feud. :shrug:

It's the same thing that dragged New Day and Bray Wyatt down: You can be great at cutting promos, but if you have nothing to loving talk about except merch shilling or catchphrases but still have to promo every week it's gonna start to suck. Enzo might actually be the best pure mic worker they've had since Punk and Cena but for about a solid loving year he either had nothing to do or had the Lana sexual harassment angle, which is even worse.

Raw was good, but the neverending Cedric/Noam/Alicia thing, Bray Wyatt's continued pointlessness and the ongoing hatchet-murder of Bayley still all bother the hell out of me.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

When does Tozawa suplex Strowman in vengeance for Apollo?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo that was a good Raw, Apollo vs Braun ruled and that kick counter was insane.

I'm looking forward to Great Balls of Fire!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

I was feeling sick and took a nap after the Miz/Slater match. I miss anything worth going back to see? Is Bayley's injury for-real or is she skipping town?

Watch the Brock/Joe interview, Neville vs Ali, Finn vs Cesaro and especially Apollo vs Braun.

Watch the whole show actually, it was really good!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
if i'm a low key apollo mark who just desperately wants that man to do well, should i watch that main, or is it going to go about as well as when i, as a much higher key kalisto mark, decided to watch his career-defining feud with braun :smith:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

abraham linksys posted:

if i'm a low key apollo mark who just desperately wants that man to do well, should i watch that main, or is it going to go about as well as when i, as a much higher key kalisto mark, decided to watch his career-defining feud with braun :smith:

He gets more offense than Kalisto and gets owned in a much less lame way, if that's any consolation.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

it was 4 minutes of strowman beating crews up, pinning him but getting up at 2 like king kong bundy because he decided he wasn't done, and then beating crews up some more before finally putting him out of his misery. it was pretty much a complete burial.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

A good RAW go-home?! I'm not sure I've ever seen the like.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdhjXwlme7s

Enzo.... is good.

Not at wrestling, but still

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
who knew the thing to make enzo and cass good was to break them up

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

Braun dominates but Apollo gets in some neat stuff, especially after getting a pep-talk from Titus.

It also involves a pretty incredible counter that I've never seen before.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

abraham linksys posted:

Apollo looked good my friend. Plus the fans were behind him pretty much

Well, looked good getting destroyed, but still

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Feliz cumpleaņos to USA and President Trump

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I adore Neville's title run, but with a heel on top, it gives absolutely nothing for the other heels to do.

Give me a number one contender's tournament, something. Anything.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

personally i think any meager offense crews got in was negated by basically being pinned three times. he was a total jobber.

granted i would not have expected any different given the gap in where each guy is positioned on the card, but the match did crews zero favors and i don't know how anyone could say otherwise.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jul 4, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shima Honnou posted:

They did the rest of the match like a regular tag instead of anything like a handicap match, so that would seem to say legit to me.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Writer Cath posted:

I adore Neville's title run, but with a heel on top, it gives absolutely nothing for the other heels to do.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

They did the rest of the match like a regular tag instead of anything like a handicap match, so that would seem to say legit to me.

nothing was said on the observer podcast about bayley being injured. i think the match went exactly as planned. they've given up pushing bayley and decided to use her to make sasha seem stronger.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jul 4, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cruiserweight match on the preshow again :lol:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hope they fire Bayley, make Sasha more heelish and she doesnt kill herself or try to kill Alexa. Sasha is good.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Cardboard Box posted:

personally i think any meager offense crews got in was negated by basically being pinned three times. he was a total jobber.

granted i would not have expected any different given the gap in where each guy is positioned on the card, but the match did crews zero favors and i don't know how anyone could say otherwise.

You know how people (read: Triple H) say that just being in a ring with Triple H elevates you even when you lose, and lose badly? It's actually true for Braun. Dude is a monster and I don't think any lesser of Apollo or anyone else for getting their poo poo pushed in by Braun. They have built Braun well and maybe someday down the line Apollo will face him again and stand a better chance, but today was not that day.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cardboard Box posted:

nothing was said on the observer podcast about bayley being injured. i think the match went exactly as planned. they've given up pushing bayley and decided to use her to make sasha seem stronger.

I forgot to add "But we can never rule out that they just booked the match in a dumb way."

Even the Sasha and Alexa interviews after seemed like covering for an improvised finish.

Grendels Dad posted:

You know how people (read: Triple H) say that just being in a ring with Triple H elevates you even when you lose, and lose badly? It's actually true for Braun. Dude is a monster and I don't think any lesser of Apollo or anyone else for getting their poo poo pushed in by Braun. They have built Braun well and maybe someday down the line Apollo will face him again and stand a better chance, but today was not that day.

This was even literally Titus' in character argument.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I'm Titus irl.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

WWE Creative. She is behind the burial of Bayley.

How does Bliss have that much clout already? Or are you saying that her push is at the expense of Bayley, but Alexa herself isn't the instigator of the burial?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Phenix Rising posted:

How does Bliss have that much clout already? Or are you saying that her push is at the expense of Bayley, but Alexa herself isn't the instigator of the burial?

He's joking

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Happy birthday to SID!!!!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Although the rest better watch out, she's about to have that Total Divas clout.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alexa Bliss is going to have a long career. She is going to marry Shanes son or Stephanies daughter. She will inherit the EEE. Entertainment, Entertainment, Entertainment.

GFW will still be alive.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sometimes it's hard to tell the jokes from the scoops!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I think that Braun kick looks as cool as anything but it's gonna break somebodies neck if he keeps it up....

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

reignofevil posted:

I think that Braun kick looks as cool as anything but it's gonna break somebodies neck if he keeps it up....

if Braun legitimately sends Roman to the hospital on Sunday is that a victory or a DQ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Notes from Bayley's podcast with Austin:

Feels she's in a weird spot in her career and it's time to evolve. Thinking about changing both look and in-ring (aggression)
Talked to Seth about his in-ring changes. He said he tries to be like Austin
Feels comfy talking to Vince (would go to HHH first but he said she needed good relationship with Vince)
The Corey interview was a step back, like she was starting all over again
Just wants to wrestle, doesn't need to always be in title picture
Wants to wrestle till 35. Wants to open school someday (really enjoys teaching)

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if Braun legitimately sends Roman to the hospital on Sunday is that a victory or a DQ

It hinges on whether the goal of an ambulance match to put your opponent in the ambulance or in an ambulance. Someone check the fine print.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Notes from Bayley's podcast with Austin:

Feels she's in a weird spot in her career and it's time to evolve. Thinking about changing both look and in-ring (aggression)
Talked to Seth about his in-ring changes. He said he tries to be like Austin
Feels comfy talking to Vince (would go to HHH first but he said she needed good relationship with Vince)
The Corey interview was a step back, like she was starting all over again
Just wants to wrestle, doesn't need to always be in title picture
Wants to wrestle till 35. Wants to open school someday (really enjoys teaching)

Im picturing the cutest daycare/powerplant EVER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

35 isn't really that old to retire

• Locked thread