Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

Owens goes from losing the Universal Title in under 2 mins to losing the US title off tv on a friday night? What's next? Owens losing the cruiserweight title at a super smash bros tournament in the party room of a minigolf center?

Finn went from winning the Universal title in the main event of Summerslam to not even having anything to do on a C-show PPV with eat balls in the title

A lot can happen in the span of one calendar year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think Romans gimmick is that he is a really dumb guy.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Roman should have the old Kane gimmick where he is under house arrest and the cops drag him down to the ring in chains and stuff. Because of his crimes

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Remember the time Roman speared Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31, freeing Rollins to curb stomp him and beat him?
Remember the time Roman speared himself into a pedigree from Rollins at Money in the Bank and lost his title because of it?
Remember the time Roman speared Seth and didn't check on Dean before going for the cover and immediately ate a Dirty Deeds and got pinned at Battleground?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Gorn Myson posted:

I love it. WWE doesn't want Roman losing clean via pin and they don't want him to lose this match with Braun definitively destroying him, so they concoct this finish which makes Roman look like a complete loving idiot.

Reminds me of the time where they had CM Punk beat the shield but wanted to Make Roman Look Strong, so they had Punk win by Roman spearing Dean by mistake.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lots of thoughts on Roman last night.

I don't know how they can claim he's a babyface after that. After he couldn't hurt Braun for real, he resorted to using a steel chair on an injured body part. When that didn't work and he lost by being an idiot. And then he decided to get his heat back by beating up Braun some more and then trying to kill him because he was mad he lost. That's the kind of poo poo heels do. And then Braun gets the face action of refusing medical help despite being bloodied everywhere.

Another thing, his selling pisses me off. He always looks worried/in pain/sad when he's selling offense. If he's supposed to be a badass face (heel) he should be looking pissed off that someone dared hurt him or just out of it completely.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

How the gently caress can you be mad that someone looks like they're in pain when they're selling?

The point of wrestling is that you make it look like you're being hurt.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

JT Smiley posted:

How many times has Braun beaten Roman only to get utterly destroyed right after? I swear last night was the third time it's happened.

It's really really the only time do far. There was no post match after Fastlane, Raw saw Strowman murder Roman after the match, Payback had Roman dodge Braun and hit him with the ambulance door at the end of the show after it went off the air, but that wasn't much.

Vaguido posted:

GBoF was a heel show, much like 90% of WWE PPVs.

75% of WWE PPVs aren't A shows, and they put the babyfaces over the on the A shows that draw like 75% of the business despite there only being basically 3 of them.

Wrestlemania this year had maybe one actual heel win (Owens) and maybe as many as 3 depending on how you feel about Brock or AJ.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Steve Austin sold being punched in the face by Kane like it hurt, he's such a lovely badass. He needs to learn how to work.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

How the gently caress can you be mad that someone looks like they're in pain when they're selling?

The point of wrestling is that you make it look like you're being hurt.

Yeah, looking like you're in pain is pretty central to wrestling selling. I'm with him on the worried/sad selling though. Roman's selling is super weird. I wonder if that's an edict from Vince/whoever? Miz used to sell during his face run as though he was distraught that his career had come to this, as opposed to actually looking like he was in physical pain.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

Samoa Joe es fat, boring and his angry face makes him look like he have mental problems.

Sasha shoot promo was awful and i hope she faces repercutions for it. Is one thing how Miz does because he legit has reasons to be pissed off but Banks was the chosen one on NXT after Charlotte left and is prominently featured on raw. Also she is a botch machine, a bad promo and a loving nerd idiot loser who wrote poetry about wrestling.

Alexa is a winner.

What did Sasha say in her shoot interview?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Roman Reigns: "NO ONE CAN BEAT ME ONE ON ONE" *dives headfirst into ambulance, losing 1 on 1 match*

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

The Big Dog cannot be hurt physically by punches. The actual damage is done to his emotions, until he is too sad to continue the match.

roman-crying-in-confetti.jpg

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Spikeguy posted:

called alexa a heel

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

dromal phrenia posted:

Roman Reigns: "NO ONE CAN BEAT ME ONE ON ONE" *dives headfirst into ambulance, losing 1 on 1 match*

Roman: i’ll kick anyone’s rear end. i’ll kick your rear end. i’ll kick your dog’s rear end. i’ll kick my own rear end

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

called alexa a heel

@heelBliss

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/TheCurtHawkins/status/884246479988293632

https://twitter.com/HeathSlaterOMRB/status/884247524982366208

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Dude you got buried of camera. I haven't seen an ending that bad since they hung boss man from the cell.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sasha's biggest crime was spoiling the Total Divas casting. She'll hang for that.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Spiffster posted:

Dude you got buried of camera. I haven't seen an ending that bad since they hung boss man from the cell.

I do believe they're joking

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Spikeguy posted:

She was asked about her beef with Alexa, said she's a fake that pretended to like wrestling and wwe but isn't actually a fan and couldn't identify which Hardy Boy was Jeff. She says Alexa just wants to use wrestling as a stepping stone to Hollywood (which I hope is true, actually)

Which is an insanely petty reason to break a woman's nose twice and bust her open in a post-match beatdown, but given that it's Sasha Banks, maybe those were all 'mistakes' (i.e. botches).

I don't know if its actually a shoot or not, but it doesn't seem like normal WWE booking. She's said similar things in their little twitter spats - https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...ns-championship

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

WWE Eat Balls of Ire

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

JT Smiley posted:

A heel being able to retain their title by getting counted out on purpose is the stupidest poo poo in the world. The fact that it happens every other show with little to no consequences is even worse.

You would've hated 80s WWF then. Savage and Honky Tonk are prime examples of two heels who would deliberately get counted out or DQ'd just to retain their titles.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

now being uploaded on the network, it seems like the entire run of wwecw

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

a count-out victory is an acceptable move for TV to build to a PPV, but its a wet fart for the audience when it happens at a bigger event. then again, they didn't build this at all, so they can use this to justify building a bigger feud

although nia jax is being built up to enter the title scene so for all i know tonight will be the end of the Alexa/Sasha feud (at least on-screen)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's 6 more Raws to end the Sasha thing and start the Nia thing.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

St Evan Echoes posted:

I do believe they're joking

I know but even joking about Hawkins portrayal as of late is kicking a man while he's down. They even job him out on NXT. It's quite sad really.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

A promotion needs job guys and he got to appear on a PPV when usually he wouldn't

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HE GEts a sweet cut of the ppv bonus now as well

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Said job guy just got to appear on a PPV Finn Balor couldn't even make

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

dromal phrenia posted:

She was asked about her beef with Alexa, said she's a fake that pretended to like wrestling and wwe but isn't actually a fan and couldn't identify which Hardy Boy was Jeff. She says Alexa just wants to use wrestling as a stepping stone to Hollywood (which I hope is true, actually)

Which is an insanely petty reason to break a woman's nose twice and bust her open in a post-match beatdown, but given that it's Sasha Banks, maybe those were all 'mistakes' (i.e. botches).
That flying knees-to-the-face spot could have been a lot worse, like Sasha could have broken Alexa's neck

I don't know why they'd be in a program together if there's legit heat between them but it's WWE so whatever

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 10, 2017

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Can someone put themselves reading Sasha's wrestling poetry on vocaroo

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Vertical Lime posted:

now being uploaded on the network, it seems like the entire run of wwecw

gently caress yes I am going to watch all of it

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If the first thing you do with WWECW is anything but watch the entire legendary saga of Braden Walker, you're bad.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I like that Roman tried to hit the spear three feet to Braun's left.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Del Rio is getting arrested for domestic assault possibly on Paige

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Guys Trips has "Kept down"

- Homewrecker for kicks willing to trash the company straightedge Japanese CAW
- Literally hiding seizures
- Coke addicted real life morality play

Team Trips, TBH.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Eli Wiggum posted:

That flying knees-to-the-face spot could have been a lot worse, like Sasha could have broken Alexa's neck

I don't know why they'd be in a program together if there's legit heat between them but it's WWE so whatever

I want to say there's multiple accounts that Vince legit thinks that heat between wrestlers adds to their feuds/matches. Or at least, this isn't the first case of it, not even a notable case of it when compared to Macho/Hogan, HBK/Bret, or Rock/Cena.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

All I have wanted since the network launched is old b-shows. Give me all of velocity. Give me wcw saturday night. I want the weirdest shittiest old wrestling and I want it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eli Wiggum posted:

I don't know why they'd be in a program together if there's legit heat between them

- said about WWE, a company that responded to Del Rio and Sin Cara legit hating each other elsewhere (to the point of regular fights backstage and one pulling a gun on the other) by having them fight each other in-ring all the time

• Locked thread