Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I want to say there's multiple accounts that Vince legit thinks that heat between wrestlers adds to their feuds/matches. Or at least, this isn't the first case of it, not even a notable case of it when compared to Macho/Hogan, HBK/Bret, or Rock/Cena.

It worked because everyone seems to think the match was solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Spiffster posted:

I know but even joking about Hawkins portrayal as of late is kicking a man while he's down. They even job him out on NXT. It's quite sad really.

tbh he got more offense in on Aleister Black than most.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Why does he have a staff!?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So he can point towards the facts, so you know which direction to face when you face the facts.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I just remembered, does anyone know how Matt Hardy got busted open last night? The cut looked nasty and I can't imagine how it happened, it's not like there were weapons involved.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

His body is made of sugar and meth.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
was there actual heat between Rock/Cena, i thought that was all a work

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Feels Villeneuve posted:

was there actual heat between Rock/Cena, i thought that was all a work
I think the story is that years back, Cena was on a radio show and put The Rock on blast for leaving WWE for Hollywood. A few years (months?) later The Rock threw shade at Cena at a WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony. When it finally came time to work together things cooled down between the two.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

John Dudebro posted:

All I have wanted since the network launched is old b-shows. Give me all of velocity. Give me wcw saturday night. I want the weirdest shittiest old wrestling and I want it now

Push Geralt biotch

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

SunshineDanceParty posted:

The worst thing about a long Brock reign are the Heyman promos. Luckily I have the power to mute or fast forward.

this is actually the truth. i love everything about brock but im so loving sick of heyman giving the exact same extremely long monotonous promo every time brock shows up.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Davros1 posted:

You would've hated 80s WWF then. Savage and Honky Tonk are prime examples of two heels who would deliberately get counted out or DQ'd just to retain their titles.

It's funny because Savage's face turn was because Honky Tonk turned his own strategies against him "That's MY way of keeping the intercontinental championship of the world!"

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

dromal phrenia posted:

I just remembered, does anyone know how Matt Hardy got busted open last night? The cut looked nasty and I can't imagine how it happened, it's not like there were weapons involved.

Diamond Dave Meltzer speculated that it happened when he and Jeff both did turnbuckle dives onto Sheamus -- said it looked like Matt's stupid face hit Sheamus's knee

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

john cena recently caught up to the Rock's life age and lately the two are unfriendly again

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Soothing Vapors posted:

Diamond Dave Meltzer speculated that it happened when he and Jeff both did turnbuckle dives onto Sheamus -- said it looked like Matt's stupid face hit Sheamus's knee

That was Bryan and is wrong because Matt his Sheamus in the upper body. Jeff got the legs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I noticed Jeff's face went right into Sheamus' knee but he seemed fine.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

That DICK! posted:

Push Geralt biotch

Maybe geralt should try not choking

Xmaspast
Aug 18, 2014

Under the vegetable posted:

this is actually the truth. i love everything about brock but im so loving sick of heyman giving the exact same extremely long monotonous promo every time brock shows up.

It's unfortunate because he's so good but there's just not much to work with given the way they're booking Brock these past few reigns. He's big, he's nigh unbeatable, we get it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

That was Bryan and is wrong because Matt his Sheamus in the upper body. Jeff got the legs.

It was still most likely during that move. After it Matt went back to the apron and started touching his face where he had the cut. Either he did it landing on something during that move or it was a weird/lovely blade job.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Once Roman finally beats Brock at summerslam then they can actually make him vulnerable in the rest of his matches and maybe a couple more guys will get to beat him before he fucks off to his farm forever

I am looking forward to the end of suplex city

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Is Brock on Raw tonight?

Xmaspast
Aug 18, 2014

Gumball Gumption posted:

It was still most likely during that move. After it Matt went back to the apron and started touching his face where he had the cut. Either he did it landing on something during that move or it was a weird/lovely blade job.

Yeah I noticed him grabbing his face after that spot, too.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Speaking of The Rock, it's time for the People's Champion to become the People's President

https://twitter.com/davelevinthal/status/884406855279226881

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dromal phrenia posted:

Speaking of The Rock, it's time for the People's Champion to become the People's President

https://twitter.com/davelevinthal/status/884406855279226881

not an authorized committee

reported for fake news

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

not an authorized committee

reported for fake news

Yeah that's true HOWEVER if we all pray hard enough and work out and get swole, he will run.

I will begin laying the ground work for his inevitable campaign by referring to all politicians as "jabronis" so that Rock-speak is normalized by the time he begins running

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trump would trash talk the rock back to the bad cgi on the mummy whatever

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Endless Mike posted:

Is Brock on Raw tonight?

i hope not because he's garbage and boring

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I liked the build for lesnar joe just because I think it's the first time Brock was always on the defensive and joe felt like a real credible threat until Brock found joes weakness, a single f5

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://twitter.com/TheCurtHawkins/status/884503930490826752

Good thing we missed this overbooked poo poo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's getting kinda crazy how someone gets busted up every time Shesaro and the Hardys fight on PPV.

Except Extreme Rules, weirdly enough!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:laffo:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I know this is a hot take but I really miss Seth's run as heel champ. Obviously there's a third way that's much better than both of these, but I much prefer the loop of "heel champion gets clowned constantly and puts the babyface over during weekly shows, finally grows a spine when backed into a corner at the PPV, and puts on a very exciting back-and-forth match" over the endless "heel champion gets heat on the babyface over and over again" that we're seeing in 2017 WWE. Plus, heel Seth had a clear character that was great at being both sympathetic and really easy to hate, as opposed to the jumbled mess that his character has been since he turned face. Just keep him away from 20-minute opening promos is all

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

PLease don't make fun of my writing

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Im starting a new wrestling think group aiming to prevent injuries. Im calling it the Society for the Advancement of Botch Understanding, or if you prefer, Sabumetrics.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Perhaps giving every wrestler 12 nicknames was a mistake. Can't wait for the official wwe nickname generator

They should have went with the Bigger Dog

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Not Enough Buzzwords

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Like the entire point of doing a dumb gimmick like an ambulance match is so you can have someone lose on a fluke finish and hopefully protect both guys.

Actually you're describing "every other match type" not "gimmicks that are supposed to be decisive feud enders"

Maybe next Roman and Braun can have an I Quit match where Roman has to Quit because he really has to go to the bathroom and can't hold it any longer

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Since when is an Ambulance match a decisive feud ending stip?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

VJeff posted:

Since when is an Ambulance match a decisive feud ending stip?

Well it's at least supposed to involve you beating the poo poo out of your opponent to a point where they're incapacitated. Which admittedly did happen after the match, by the loser of the match...

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

exploded mummy posted:

that's weird I thought I had trained my brain not to hear anything Bryan said, let alone believe it as fact. apologies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I thought the fact that it ended with fluke finishes so often was the entire reason people usually hated the ambulance match stip. Like the "first guy out of the cage wins" stip or the "first guy through a table" stip, it's almost designed to produce fluke finishes.

• Locked thread