Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
If you follow Kinison's career, you can see how the drugs took over and fulled his onstage persona. Other than Andrew Dice Clay I don't know of any other comedian at the time that you could compare him to since he was more like a rock star. And then he also did things like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwNW8lqe1tk

I'm an old fan of Howard Stern and Kinison was a major part of the show back in 89-90. You can dig up various YouTube clips but he best ones are Jessica Hahn (she's the girl in that video...and yes they were loving for a while) tells a story of Sam getting so hosed up one night and making GBS threads the bed in the morning. There is also another story were people where concerned with Sam's health and wanted him to eat better. He finally agreed and said something like, "You know, I'll try to eat more vegetables. Waiter! Bring be two helpings and creamed spinach."

I've not listed to his albums in a while (I was around 16 when they came out) but I'm sure they don't hold up well. I don't even think they are still in print.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread