Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Hicks seemed more restrained or less sensationalized by the media than other controversial comics of the mid-80s/mid-90s like Kinison, Dice and Murphy. I'm not sure if Martin Lawrence, Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock sort of fall into that same era or mark a delineation between that era and their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The content was different but the controversy surrounding them was sort of the same. It's sort of like comparing the late 80s/early 90s satanic metal acts, Madonna and rappers acts and some of the mainstream reaction they were getting for imagery or language.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I sort of wonder if Kinison would have ended up going down the Eddie Murphy route of doing family comedy stuff and just have random meltdowns.

Sam Kinison as Dr. Claw in the Inspector Gadget movie.

"I'll get you next time, Gadget! NEXT TIME! OH-OHHHHHHHH!!!"

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Andrew Dice Clay is the Donald Trump of Comedy when it comes to CNN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlLslb-Royo (F-bombs, so :nws:)

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
The Kinison or the Diceman? Why not both?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5r8g9Lm-KE

• Locked thread