Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Have Some Flowers! posted:

ah man, goons are like what, 30+ grown-rear end men on average and that's still a thing?

I don't know, I'm just asking based on what I've heard of him and what I just read in the post I quoted. I hope not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto Wizard
Aug 11, 2007
Have only briefly played this before, so I've got no idea whats the current poo poo-on-people-build is, but I'll definitely play it on release if you need more people.
Been itching a while for something with a more impacting PvP ever since HellMoo became carebear poop.

Resumé:
Can follow commands like a dog, without question.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Are you spitting memes and casual racism over vent too?
He literally just took a time machine from 1997 to play this game.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Where is greenknight to bless this thread.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
im probably going to play this game for four days and uninstall, god bless

e: this game is actually good, buy it today

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

BadLlama posted:

Where is greenknight to bless this thread.

Probably praying to IT that photon can handle the Caerleon load on launch

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

FireWhizzle posted:

Probably praying to IT that photon can handle the Caerleon load on launch

auth me in the nu-discord, thanks friend

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Blazing Zero posted:

done, np friend

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

if youre reading the mmohmo and havent lit 100 dollars on fire for this alpha beta release, well nows the time to join us in self loathing and regret

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Blazing Zero posted:

:same:

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Blazing Zero posted:

im probably going to play this game for four days and uninstall, god bless

up until splatoon 2 launches.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

you know it

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
I bought the $50 package like...years ago? I'll slam and jam yet again.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I think I might come back for launch, I enjoyed the first few alpha / betas. Got kind of fed up with last one for real thing time promise stuff. I remember camping a spot for several hours with a logged off ox that was possessively carrying all the food a guild needed during 2nd or 3rd beta whichever one was farm ville. That was a good time. Not sure if I'll put the radio back up though, didn't have much interest in it outside of convoys.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Charles Bukowski posted:

I don't know, I'm just asking based on what I've heard of him and what I just read in the post I quoted. I hope not.

No actual racism allowed... unless you are willing to post a video of yourself sieg heiling trump at a rally or something.

But yea -- those who have played with us as UOGoons or DarkfallGoons know what to expect... not many rules or rigidity unless its PVP time in which case its pretty focused on getting the win until the fight is over.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Did we ever patch thing sup with that BR guild that backstabbed us on that bend? Like we apparently ganked one of their allies that we weren't aware of and they dropped group and killed us in the middle of a roam. The rest of the beta we called it traitors bend.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

pixaal posted:

Did we ever patch thing sup with that BR guild that backstabbed us on that bend? Like we apparently ganked one of their allies that we weren't aware of and they dropped group and killed us in the middle of a roam. The rest of the beta we called it traitors bend.

How would that be patched out -- like a 5min timer on leaving guild/alliance and showing as non green/purple? Can confirm that as soon as we gkick someone in this beta, they are free game to kill.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

FormerFatty posted:

How would that be patched out -- like a 5min timer on leaving guild/alliance and showing as non green/purple? Can confirm that as soon as we gkick someone in this beta, they are free game to kill.

They dropped party, I asked if we patched things up, as in are we back to being allied with them. I liked chilling with the BR guys late at night sometimes it was fun.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

pixaal posted:

They dropped party, I asked if we patched things up, as in are we back to being allied with them. I liked chilling with the BR guys late at night sometimes it was fun.

hahah totally misunderstood ;0

We have a BR wing coming with us from the UO guild.... maybe they can help patch things up in a way only portugese can huehuehuehue.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
this is it guys

the final grind

the grind to end all grinds

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

if only the grind could last forever with kimsemus in my arms~

Avaa
Nov 29, 2013
So, once this game is launched, wil it be Free-to-play?
Or is this a buy-to-play game?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Avaa posted:

So, once this game is launched, wil it be Free-to-play?
Or is this a buy-to-play game?

They scrapped the free2play model and now require a one time purchase(no monthly subs necessary). If youre gonna play, you should buy your copy in the next 5 days as buying the game in beta will get you the game on release as well as get you some bonuses(free gold, free mounts, etc) on release.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

this is it guys

the final grind

the grind to end all grinds

*sips mtn dew*

I hear you loud and clear

... but what if ...

*opens hand containing red pill*

fresh start servers

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

FireWhizzle posted:

*sips mtn dew*

I hear you loud and clear

... but what if ...

*opens hand containing red pill*

fresh start servers
No...

NO.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
As a dirty casual who might play for an hour a day and interested in crafting/making money what's the best thing to work towards once launch happens? Do I focus on grinding resources or buying/making gear for the higher levels zones? What do?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
nope.

well maybe for an hour or so before it reinforces how bad it is.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

a dingus posted:

As a dirty casual who might play for an hour a day and interested in crafting/making money what's the best thing to work towards once launch happens? Do I focus on grinding resources or buying/making gear for the higher levels zones? What do?

seeing as you probably wont be able to grind into the appropriate tiers for decent gear and the ability to survive in higher tier zones with that social life you have, id say play a different game. can you p2w into fame anymore? if so, do that

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

for anyone reading this, if you have a normal life and aspirations like job success this isnt the game for you

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Blazing Zero posted:

for anyone reading this, if you have a normal life and aspirations like job success this isnt the game for you

tbh, this game is for no one but i'm gonna play it anyways.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

Blazing Zero posted:

nah you're ignorant you haven't played in forever and you were always a shithead about it anyway

me and oatmeal ran around for months wearing t4 gear (that you can unlock in 40 minutes from starting the game) ganking dudes in t6-t7 gear consistently

and it was hella fun

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
it's totally possible to be a casual player and have lots of fun killing people in this game

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Suxpool posted:

it's totally possible to be a casual player and have lots of fun killing people in this game

how many skeltals is considered casual and fun

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Suxpool posted:

nah you're ignorant you haven't played in forever and you were always a shithead about it anyway

me and oatmeal ran around for months wearing t4 gear (that you can unlock in 40 minutes from starting the game) ganking dudes in t6-t7 gear consistently

and it was hella fun

:COUGH: and forge.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

how many skeltals is considered casual and fun

I made my alt in about 40 minutes with exactly zero skeletals killed.

Also people don't like to admit it, but if you wan to be "that star citizen dude" and spend 3k on ingame gold you could probably max out all the crafting poo poo within a couple days.

edit: it's probably not pay to win in the sense than no one would actually spend 3k on this game.

forge fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 6, 2017

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

forge posted:

Also people don't like to admit it, but if you wan to be "that star citizen dude" and spend 3k on ingame gold you could probably max out all the crafting poo poo within a couple days.

yeah i guess if you just buy all your mats with gold > silver, thats cool

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Gold was averaging around 150 currently, which it's certainly been much higher during the heights of beta.

150s per gold.
$99.95 per 21,000 gold.
so that idiot $3k worth of gold = 30 ($99 packs)
30 x 21000 = 630k gold
= 94.5m silver

Most mats were selling for about 300-500 for high end junk (good for burning in crafting). Let's say 500 each, 189k mats \ 32 (for full armor) = 5906 full suits of armor. So I think you would be pretty close with armor anyway.

Who wants to spend 3k to help goons lol.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

edit: it's probably not pay to win in the sense than no one would actually spend 3k on this game.

Paging Alex DeLarge....

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

Blazing Zero posted:

I have a job, fiance and as much of social life that goons are allowed. Should I just refund the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Turd Herder posted:

I have a job, fiance and as much of social life that goons are allowed. Should I just refund the game?

if you can, i recommend it