Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
game bad

developers really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Kimsemus posted:

Friend Blazing, I think you've witnessed enough of my actual meltdowns to know when I'm melting down and when I'm smugposting. Though to be fair there if you err on the side of meltdown, you might not be wrong :wooper:

was it me who melted down or you? :thonk:

Kimsemus posted:

But in a more substantive vein, I had a lot of hope that SI would have added more sandbox content, but after their MLG420N0SCOPE direction with 5v5 that they were vehemently adhering to and instancing was increasing, I had a feeling they wouldn't go that way.

The double edged sword is when the grind was high, there was something to do to fill in the content gaps, but many didn't want to grind. Now the grind is reduced, but they didn't plug the gap with more content.
-
It's the EVE Online quandary, which isn't shocking considering how much SI was open about emulating CCP's formula -- the fights themselves in both games are fun, but the poo poo you have to do in between and prepping for fights is boring and awful.

the instancing stuff started with expeditions right? we had heard rumors of dev work on an arena but it wasnt confirmed until a few weeks into launch. that should have been the red flag to everyone but personally, i was still enjoying man killing and i was also hyped for this supposed open world territory diving or raiding poo poo.

is that last bit still happening or?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i like how literally hundreds of people spam expedition speed runs instead of going out into the real world and creating a player driven world, thanks sandbox interactive.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

the instancing stuff started with expeditions right? we had heard rumors of dev work on an arena but it wasnt confirmed until a few weeks into launch. that should have been the red flag to everyone but personally, i was still enjoying man killing and i was also hyped for this supposed open world territory diving or raiding poo poo.

is that last bit still happening or?

We've been raiding and mining all the territory in Mercia which is pretty profitable, usually nets a few mil worth of T8 resources each time. Just requires a group of about 10-15~ to kill the guards and kill all the territory hiding carebears, which is a fun bonus.

But yeah the whole patch that actually adds non janky mechanics for that wherein you can replace the guards is supposed to be the next major patch after the arenas one.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How to lose 900 members in a week http://reddit.com/r/albiononline/comments/71jge6/how_to_lose_900_members_in_a_week/

Man the alliance failure cascades in this game come hard and heavy. Say what you will about formerfatty but we've already outlasted a lot of big alliances under their leadership which is amazing considering the only carebear crack we have to offer is dun estan, granted it is an amazing ore mining and refining area.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i like how literally hundreds of people spam expedition speed runs instead of going out into the real world and creating a player driven world, thanks sandbox interactive.

We have to battle for our open world fame spots every day, unless it's like early morning eu time...

Has anyone clocked what the fame per hour is on exp speed runs? I'd imagine that's gonna get worse next patch with soft tier caps in expeditions.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

soy posted:

How to lose 900 members in a week http://reddit.com/r/albiononline/comments/71jge6/how_to_lose_900_members_in_a_week/

Man the alliance failure cascades in this game come hard and heavy. Say what you will about formerfatty but we've already outlasted a lot of big alliances under their leadership which is amazing considering the only carebear crack we have to offer is dun estan, granted it is an amazing ore mining and refining area.

Most of those alliances are filled with 90% players who joined only to use them for some territory... as soon as they lose a tower or 2, they quit and onto the next tit to suck from. When people join ARCH they join for open world play, ZvZ, smoking weed in game, and other poo poo that defines our culture.

Who would have thought that an alliance built on inclusivity, training/teaching newbs, playing together, and zerging the "tryhards" would outlast the "tryhard" alliances #SHOCKING

OpticalRape
Nov 26, 2010

FormerFatty posted:

Most of those alliances are filled with 90% players who joined only to use them for some territory... as soon as they lose a tower or 2, they quit and onto the next tit to suck from. When people join ARCH they join for open world play, ZvZ, smoking weed in game, and other poo poo that defines our culture.

Who would have thought that an alliance built on inclusivity, training/teaching newbs, playing together, and zerging the "tryhards" would outlast the "tryhard" alliances #SHOCKING

I want to hit what ever the gently caress you are smoking

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

OpticalRape posted:

FormerFatty posted:

i dunno, if you really want to hear my opinion here goes.... the game has flaws and is a game that gets played by gamers and also nongamers and sometimes red and yellow and black zones intemringle and the things thaf cones out of thatjnb is ths thorsy that pvp is just not worth losing gear in for nth e last time so olor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore e

:thunk:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

OpticalRape posted:

I get youre an ardent baka fan boy but legit, your guild bent the knee and joined the most pubby crew of all time...

from SA2017 aka Reddit aka Tumblr posted:

For those who don't think mercenary guilds could exist in Albion- you didn't think outside the box.
Similar to old school mafia, Baka, with success or otherwise, terrorized money guild to the point that money guild decided it best to invite Baka to the alliance, with little to no requirements for doing so. Giving Baka full access to MG territory and other benefits.
However, in the end, Baka failed to recognize why they were invited in the first place. And have kicked several members at the demand of money guild, while money guild slowly poaches Baka's declining active members.
Recently, there was an incident where the leader of money guild executed a couple alliance members for sport, claiming they were "in his spot". One of which was Baka.
Instead of reacting with the power which brought baka into the alliance in the first place, Baka responded by kicking out a member and lecturing its other members at the command of money guild.
Thats how you kill a troll guild- simply give them some benefits, let them enjoy it, then threaten to take it away. Baka has bent the knee.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

FormerFatty posted:

I get youre an ardent baka fan boy but legit, your guild bent the knee and joined the most pubby crew of all time...

this will be a funny post in a month or so

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this will be a funny post in a month or so

about how long it's been since I've seen baka try to zvz

must be cool being able to bank in territory near a fame farm

but then you gotta get told what to do by euro dorks and can't really do poo poo besides play in the middle of the drat day in us timezones

rip

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I seem to remember Gluttony being made fun of which made him go into a mad rage. Telling the guild leaders they had to kick members of their guild or be kicked. They then kicked said members, had others make fun and not kick those then got kicked form ARCH. This all while Baka was in ARCH. So I'm rather sure ARCH = OOPS as far as leaders demanding poo poo goes.

Can't farm in a dungeon because Warlegend owns it, if you do you'll get purged! Yeah, I'm rather sure..

So you bend the knee for Gluttony if you want to be in ARCH or bend the knee for OOPS. Totally different in every way.

Some French Guy
Aug 30, 2003
I agree about the nothing to do part which is why I haven't logged in in a while. The worse offender imo is that the whole world seems to be a copy pasta of itself. There is really nowhere to go that's interesting to even discover for the first time. Having so few skills to a build is boring. There is no sense of progression when going from tier 4 to tier 5 for exemple, juste a few numbers gets slightly bigger.

Can I just get a remake of asheron's call already :unsmigghh:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Some French Guy posted:

Amen brother

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Some French Guy posted:

I tried to play this a bunch on the pvp server, and it seemed good... but at the time, UO hadn't been completely ruined yet so I just played that instead.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Some French Guy posted:

copy pasta of itself.

I wish this game was just a way to get endless pasta

forge
Feb 26, 2006
http://www.olivegarden.com/specials/never-ending-pasta-bowl

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Some French Guy posted:

I agree about the nothing to do part which is why I haven't logged in in a while. The worse offender imo is that the whole world seems to be a copy pasta of itself. There is really nowhere to go that's interesting to even discover for the first time. Having so few skills to a build is boring. There is no sense of progression when going from tier 4 to tier 5 for exemple, juste a few numbers gets slightly bigger.

I basically look at it as a moba in terms weapons in AO being champs and armors being items.... if you unlock everything to t4 or t5(which takes not much time at all), you can open world in a pretty large amount of different combinations of abilities to tailor to your role in your group. All weapons also unlock more abilities as you level them closer to 100 in addition to giving you better weapon stats(more dmg, more health, more CC, etc.)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i'm content with my 9 to 1 kd ratio solo pvping killing arch retards, it's easy

Iceberg-Slim
Oct 7, 2003

no re okay
Get owned 11% of the time son

erazure
Oct 23, 2005

would this game worth buying for someone not really excited by PvP

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

erazure posted:

would this game worth buying

no

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

serious answer: just spend the money on booze instead

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

erazure posted:

would this game worth buying for someone not really excited by PvP

I think you would probably have a similar experience to me; it's fun for a few solid weeks of play, but after that I got kinda bored and wandered off. I had a good time though, it's just not something I think you would enjoy long-term if you don't care about pvp. If you like grinding toward goalposts, there's a lot of that to satisfy you, tons of milestones to reach.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
i just bought the game and im having fun.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

succ posted:

Grind Life

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

succ posted:

Give it time.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

CONTROVERSIAL GAMING EXPERT CONSUMER OPINION: It is ok to enjoy a game. It is also ok to enjoy a game in the moment and not despise it after you are done with it, and don't feel like playing it anymore.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

A Spider Covets posted:

CONTROVERSIAL GAMING EXPERT CONSUMER OPINION: It is ok to enjoy a game. It is also ok to enjoy a game in the moment and not despise it after you are done with it, and don't feel like playing it anymore.

yeah but that's not the point of contention here.

the problem is that the reason 90%+ of people have stopped playing albion after the first month and a half is that there is no reason to actually go in the open world outside of doing it for pvp. There are no objectives, benefits, or risk/reward tradeoffs other than some dungeons that don't even outpace expedition speed runs consistently.

It's missing so much, and the developers instead want to add in more content that will take away people from the open world.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the problem is that the reason 90%+ of people have stopped playing albion after the first month and a half is that there is no reason to actually go in the open world outside of doing it for pvp. There are no objectives, benefits, or risk/reward tradeoffs other than some dungeons that don't even outpace expedition speed runs consistently.

It's missing so much, and the developers instead want to add in more content that will take away people from the open world.

They're soft capping expeditions, hopefully it helps with that a bit.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Some French Guy posted:

I agree about the nothing to do part which is why I haven't logged in in a while. The worse offender imo is that the whole world seems to be a copy pasta of itself. There is really nowhere to go that's interesting to even discover for the first time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA7GGnyNwEs

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Wait, did anyone actually expect release #5 to go differently

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Goon guild still having fun while killing large groups of frenchies....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIv0hyU5fUo

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

FireWhizzle posted:

no

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

FireWhizzle posted:

people who didnt play releases 1-4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
What are the chances ARCH would take in a lovely 8-player guild of shitlords? Or would you most likely just rather we disband and join one of the Awful Companies?