Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jcam posted:

What are the chances ARCH would take in a lovely 8-player guild of shitlords? Or would you most likely just rather we disband and join one of the Awful Companies?

We'd prefer at that size to just join AC due to the guild limit in alliance bug, get on discord and chat up glutt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Jcam posted:

What are the chances ARCH would take in a lovely 8-player guild of shitlords? Or would you most likely just rather we disband and join one of the Awful Companies?

Id prefer you join one of the Awful Companies as the alliance is capped at 100 guilds(regardless of their size, sadly). You guys been playing for a while? Whats the guild name?

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
What's the requirements for joining AC? Would they take a t7 skinning human being with little combat fame?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Otakufag posted:

What's the requirements for joining AC? Would they take a t7 skinning human being with little combat fame?

As long as youre willing to come in voip, play as a team with us, and tell us your drug of choice... you're good. Just apply in game or hit me up on discord...

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead

FormerFatty posted:

Id prefer you join one of the Awful Companies as the alliance is capped at 100 guilds(regardless of their size, sadly). You guys been playing for a while? Whats the guild name?

We've been playing for a month or two actively, name is Just Farted. It reads like poetry when you read the character's name. Not much to contribute other than bodies to kill dudes and gather garbage.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Jcam posted:

We've been playing for a month or two actively, name is Just Farted. It reads like poetry when you read the character's name. Not much to contribute other than bodies to kill dudes and gather garbage.

Sounds legit -- you guys playing in Mercia now? Whats your ICQ/AIM/discord?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Patch Popped 2 Days Ago... biggest changes for ARCH so far:

1. Fame Grinding feels about 5x more profitable both in terms of loot and progression
2. Maps have had their entrances turned into more chokepoint-esque spots... helps gankers
3. QoL feautures including guild roster management and adding players by right clicking their name in chat
4. Arenas -- giving a way for the masses to practice GvG-lite
5. Weapon balances have changed the open world meta a little bit which is nice because seeing 50 tornados juggle you for 11 seconds straight to open every fight got a bit stale

I know this game gets a lot of hate from the people who

a.) sucked at it
b.) think you need more content than pubbie tears
c.) are crying about goon discord bots

...but theres still tons of goons who are raping dudes everyday in the name of jeffK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5rtP_hxwLQ

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FormerFatty posted:

5. Weapon balances have changed the open world meta a little bit which is nice because seeing 50 tornados juggle you for 11 seconds straight to open every fight got a bit stale

https://clips.twitch.tv/PunchyBeautifulSwanNerfBlueBlaster

I prefer the knocked back and forth halfway across the zone by god knows what initiate

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
ya good changes but 2 years too late, the population is already reaching dead levels so it's hardly worth logging in.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

2 years too late

Game came out 2 months ago... in the scheme of things, the people who burned themselves out in a beta that was wiped over and over again mean way less than the new people who try the game and love it(like me and my fellow goon newbs).

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

FormerFatty posted:

Game came out 2 months ago... in the scheme of things, the people who burned themselves out in a beta that was wiped over and over again mean way less than the new people who try the game and love it(like me and my fellow goon newbs).

i didn't really burn myself out, I just got bored of there being nothing to the game other than killing people just to kill them. There is no overall strategy or reason to really do anything unless you're in the top .5% (gvgs) and after over 10,000 kills I got bored of mindlessly killing people.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i didn't really burn myself out, I just got bored of there being nothing to the game other than killing people just to kill them. There is no overall strategy or reason to really do anything unless you're in the top .5% (gvgs) and after over 10,000 kills I got bored of mindlessly killing people.

10,000 kills? Bet 9,999 were your alt!! Hahahaha!!!!

See you in Wyre Forest after school, Arabian "vaginas"... I'm gonna beat you up

Rond
Mar 2, 2015
Hey, looking to join the Awful Company, I don't want to be a pleb anymore and do nothing else than solo stuff, can I join ?

Been playing since the release and eventually got bored playing solo...

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
Posting to bump the thread, Buttlord in game, also Gluttony is a chill and helpful dude.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
can someone explain the most effecient way to increase gathering?
im tier 4 cotton gatherer atm and im only getting 30 fame per hemp and skyflower takes forever to gather
and i need 100 levels to get to tier 5??

succ fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 2, 2017

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

succ posted:

im tier 4 cotton gatherer atm and im only getting 30 fame per hemp and skyflower takes forever to gather

Resource bosses have something like 2000 nodes worth of poo poo, but you need a group, minimum is t5 tool to harvest them. They are easily the fastest and easiest way to gain up to T8. I spent LP to skip most of t4 for leather but other skills may be reasonable to grind out. Also, use mercia black zone because higher enchanted mat spawns and enchanted mats give more fame and raise skill faster.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>

succ posted:

You don't need 100 levels. When you reach a certain tier you're able to keep leveling it for efficiency (a bit like mastery at the end of all weapons). To reach the next tier for gathering, you only need to look at the 1 extra level 1 step down the destiny board line. That's the only level that matters to reach the next tier.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Rond posted:

Hey, looking to join the Awful Company, I don't want to be a pleb anymore and do nothing else than solo stuff, can I join ?

Been playing since the release and eventually got bored playing solo...

Got ya... welcome brother -- and yes, solo is viable but its much easier/enjoyable to play with a good team.

Jcam posted:

Posting to bump the thread, Buttlord in game, also Gluttony is a chill and helpful dude.

<3 ty

succ posted:

Gathering is a bit of a grind... it definitely pays off though as its the best way to make consistent coins. What tier is your tool? You can get to t6 via yellow zones on your android if you fancy ;)

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Ah I see now about the gathering. Not that bad of a grind now that I know about the tier system. Thanks!

Still having trouble picking a main weapon and armor mix that I like. Are there lists of popular builds somewhere?

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

succ posted:

Ah I see now about the gathering. Not that bad of a grind now that I know about the tier system. Thanks!

Still having trouble picking a main weapon and armor mix that I like. Are there lists of popular builds somewhere?

There are lists but they are kinda out of date due to recent patch. I would suggest trying poo poo out at t4 and just play what you like. Pretty much everything is viable. Lots of people are having boners about clarent blade at the moment.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Yeah I enjoy melee the most right now, but it seems that a lot of the caster AOE spells are huge in the big battles we are having.

Would I need plate to survive in those big castle battles? I felt kind of useless during our castle defense yesterday when I was wearing leather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Since I haven't been a part of this for a while it's probably best you guys create your own thread with however you want it to work for joining etc. So I'm going to close the thread.

Best of luck to whomever still plays.