Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Jodie Whittaker's great, looking forward to the next series. I wonder if we will get a solo male companion as a corollary or if they keep the two companion thing going. Matt Lucas was barely in the first few episodes of this series but I liked when they brought Nardole along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

It looked like she was wearing Capaldi's outfit (or a variation on it) in the video, like a just after regeneration thing.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

"There has never been a male companion." Show literally started with three companions including a male one.

There were times when it was only a male companion.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

2house2fly posted:

Oh yeah, Smith blew up a cyberfleet as well

Capaldi's most "ruthless" bits were in his first series- getting that guy who was about to be killed by Dalek antibodies to swallow a tracking device ("he was dead already, I was saving us") and haranguing people when the mummy was about to kill them ("tell us everything, it might help the next one"). Shooting the General and nearly causing god knows what catastrophe by trying to save Clara, of course. I don't think he's been directly responsible for anything hardcore though, despite that dumb scene in Extremis where he's listed as "cause of death" for such a vast number of people the measuring scale breaks.

There was also the part in Before the Flood where he figures out that O'Donnell is next to die, and afterwards he is criticized by Bennett for not doing more to try and protect her because he wanted to be sure he was right.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

We knew John Simm was going to be the Master, and that Derek Jacobi was turning up as a befuddled old professor type, but I don’t think anyone twigged the actual reveal until the pocket watch turns up on screen. I’d say it was the revival’s first big OH poo poo moment.

Honestly, the final 15 minutes of Utopia is one of the best bits of RTD’s entire run. Everything from Jack and the Doctor’s conversation onwards is pure gold.

Martha spotting the pocket watch was the start of that reveal, but the OH poo poo moment for me didn't start until I heard Tony Ainley's laugh coming from the watch.

• Locked thread