Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Does anybody else have the problem where they've rewatched the revival episodes so many times they've tapped them dry? I guess I could start on the Martha season again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

^ you wouldn't have quite appreciated the same way you do now. But then again, what's a life lived forward?

Vinylshadow posted:

All-in-all, Doctor Who is a series I'd heartily recommend to any science-fiction fans and I'm now kinda sad I didn't go into the Doctor Who exhibit at a museum as a child, because it'd have probably blown my mind

Oh well~

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Oh that's a cool thought experiment! I'd probably act with my eyes. Apparently I have expressive eyes. I'd definitely take after 10. Lots of hands and yelps.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I have a vision of the next Doctor being a mumbling introvert a la a Newt Salamander.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

There must be a Law for the exponential occurrence of regenerations. I'm not saying it's happened yet in DW. But 'special events' that draw viewership must have a tendency to be increasingly relied on in shows.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I'm fond of the bottle episodes in the classic series. Oh no alternating passing out within the tardis!

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah Blink is great because its stand alone with one off new characters that the first time dw viewer can enjoy without feeling like fans know something they don't. and then you have these two zany adventurers run by at the end and you're like oh my there is more adventures to be had :)

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Can't wait for a gender neutral doctor!

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Wheat Loaf posted:

I don't understand the appeal of PewDiePie and I don't think I ever will. What is supposed to be funny about him? :(
He's charismatic and knows how to generate fun out of nothing. Of course, it is all clearly directed at children so I guess its just subjective taste? He is awfully good at what he does though.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Does anybody enjoy any DW podcasts apart from Radio Free Skaro and Verity?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Who would be the weirdest New Who character to bring back? I reckon Rickey. It'd be awesome.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Hey! I'm getting back into heavy reading. Beats heavy internet use right? Has anybody any Doctor Who novels they would recommend?
Thanks!

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

No social media is best social media. Yay for her!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

The Mummy episode was rad because of that cover of Dont stop me now and the rest of it.
Come to think of it, 'that mummy episode' could refer to so many.

• Locked thread