Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Arglebargle III posted:

It's a terrible shame that Peter Capaldi was wasted on Stephen Moffat.
And vice versa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Ah, so his last request has been granted.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

The closer she is to dying, the better off she feels as a character, meaning The Husbands of River Song and the library two-parter are arguably her best outings
Her appearance in the Name of the Doctor was rather well done, too.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Everyone keep making GBS threads on 'Let's Kill Hitler' and the Zygon two-parter, but if I had the chance to erase one post-revival episode from existence, it would be 'Waters of Mars'.

'Waters of Mars' is what 'Vincent and the Doctor' would have been if, at the end, the Doctor and Amy returned to the gallery and found it empty, because meeting them caused Vincent to burn all of his works and kill himself several years early. It's a version of "Father's Day" where Pete Tyler slaps Rose, calls her a dumb bitch and dashes back into the traffic within ten seconds of being saved. Its characters would rather be spared by a Dalek than be rescued by the Doctor. It feels like a Torchwood episode forcibly transplanted into Doctor Who: a pointlessly edgy and grimdark cautionary tale of how one should never even try to make anything better (especially if doing so would contradict THE WIKIPEDIA).

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

marktheando posted:

Let's Kill Hitler. Oh yes Mels, the best friend we've never mentioned before. How is this poo poo just a year after the wonderful series five?
LKH's biggest flaw is its positioning in the season framework. It would have benefitted a lot if there were several episodes between it and A Good Man Goes to War, to both introduce Mels and give Amy and Rory enough time to come to the terms with River's identity and the fact that she's going to be alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Burkion posted:

Which of the Doctors do you think River would like the best
This one:

• Locked thread