Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well I have now seen the most amazing Doctor Who merchandise ever;

There are little Mr. Men Doctor Who books, titled Dr. One, all the way to Dr. Twelve :allears:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lampsacus posted:

^ you wouldn't have quite appreciated the same way you do now. But then again, what's a life lived forward?

~Spoilers!~ :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MrL_JaKiri posted:

It's not dreaded because it's badly scripted, or badly acted. It's dreaded because the politics are so unbelievably reprehensible.

Don't forget that it also aired slap-bang in the middle of a major immigration crisis in Europe just to pop a cherry on top.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fil5000 posted:

No, it just said that the right way for the zygons to behave was to hide quietly and act just like REAL people, which is a different sort of problem entirely. The first half at least shows the sort of resentment and anger that that sort of thing is likely to build up.

Don't forget every Zygon shown being heinously terrorist-y because they hate being British and being themselves means THEY WAGE WAR BECAUSE REASONS!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bicyclops posted:

He never raised his voice. That was the worst thing... the fury of the Time Lord... and then we discovered why. Why this Doctor, who had fought with gods and demons, why he had run away from us and hidden. He was being kind... He wrapped Steven Moffat in a simulation inside of a simulation, in which you cannot breathe or blink. He tricked Peter Harness into a refugee camp in a collapsing galaxy, to be imprisoned there... forever. He still visits Russell T. Davies once a year, every year. I wonder if one day he might be able to forgive him. But there he is, see? He trapped him inside the television. Every television. If you ever see a ridiculous twist on your favorite show and groan, that's him. That's always him. As for me, as for ol' Briggsy, I was suspended in time and the Doctor put me to work voicing the Daleks as their sound editor. We all wanted a Big Finish. So the Doctor made sure we got one.

God drat. :stonklol:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CobiWann posted:

drat it - last night's episode didn't take. What did I miss?

No, you saw it. It was one of those Blink-style episodes focusing on someone other than the Doctor and their companion, only they had one of the Silence as the protagonist. Even I can only remember it because I'm watching it again on my TV right now near my PC.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cleretic posted:

This running gag is the most enjoyment anyone ever got from the Silence.

The what? :confused:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gaz-L posted:

Sean Bean, the other Northerner that Americans sort of recognise from movies.

We've already seen Nine's canonical regeneration scene :colbert:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Plavski posted:

I was just watching this again. RTD can really write when he wants to, but really, Tennant just acts the gently caress out of it. A quick refresher for those who, like me, haven't watched any Tennant stuff in yonks, and a lovely chance to hear another "good-o" in a finale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSK1APQu6K4

I absolutely love the way the "He will knock Four Times" thing was resolved, because it gets pushed right to the end where you're still focusing on the Master and goddamn Rassilon. And just when you feel happy that it's over and Gallifrey has been stopped... tap-tap-tap-tap...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Astroman posted:

They almost kinda did this with Time and The Rani--when Sixie regenerated into 7, he was unconscious and seemed to still think he was C Bakes--but there was a lot of post regeneration mental instability in there, and it didn't last long.

Don't forget Eleven seeing Prisoner Zero turn into himself and just going "who's that, it's rubbish :confused:".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons, JB Hi-Fi has a buy-one-get-one sale on classic Doctor Who dvd's.

• Locked thread