Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I watched Space Museum literally just so I would have context for that GIF. I was not disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Yeah, Eccleston/9 is the PTSD Doctor. You can certainly argue there's an element of that to 10 as well. Some undertones even carryover to 11 and 12, but that very much feels like 9s "niche".

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'd argue 9 and 10 were both PTSD Doctors in how they allowed that experience to totally define everything they did after. 9 accepted it and became bitter, pessimistic, and staunchly anti-war. 10 tried to repress it and run from it and, when forced to deal with either the Time War or his own mortality, became childish and selfish.

That's certainly fair.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

https://youtu.be/ffX5iAG0GWI

My journey into classic Who continues (mostly because I forgot to cancel my BritBox sub before the 1 week trial was up). Last one I watched was Trial of a Time Lord. I still like 6.

Watched my first 2 story, Tomb of the Cybermen. I quite like Troughton. Time to give Tom Baker and McCoy a shot.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Actually, just have McGann as 8. Imagine a Two Doctors season story arc where 8 pops up in 4-6 episodes plus the finale.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Ha! It turns out that Alex Kingston was doing a Q & A at a con or something when the news broke, so the audience actually told her.

Yep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZTSEKPumEY

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

The one argument I can see in favor of that 'boys are losing a role model" thing, is that the Doctor is surprisingly non-violent for a male role model. But I feel like that's an indictment more of male role models in media than a proper criticism of the decision to cast a female Doctor.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I'm sure I"m not the first person to post this, but I just discovered it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPzulODLeD8

A John Carpenter-style Who theme.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Fil5000 posted:

I think the Daleks saying "Yes, we know who you are" is one of RTD's best moments.

That really is more fantastic than it even should be.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Was it even established that Simm Master -> Missy is a direct regeneration?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Hmm, yeah I didn't remember that. That doesn't seem to leave any real room for doubt.

• Locked thread