Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

There was a future issue of Nintendo Power (I wanna say Volume 58?) that had no maps for StarTropics, but did have a complete guide of where to go, what to get, and how to beat every boss. They also had a complete walkthrough of StarTropics 2 that was split up into two issues not long after, but the less said about that game the better.

I wish Nintendo gave more recognition to StarTropics as a series, but since it never even came out in Japan, I doubt that'll happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mike Jones is a baseball team captain at 15, as a freshman or sophomore in high school? More like Mike Trout if you ask me. :haw:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I found it as a kid one day and assumed it was Earthbound because of Smash 64. There's a bat and a yoyo!
Ness stole psychic baseball-playing Nintendo teenager valor from Mike Jones.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Virtual Console re-releases of StarTropics has a clever way of getting around the "you need the instruction manual to get past this part" ending of Chapter 4. If you go to the "how to play" section of the game, there's a section that simulates the part where you have to dip the letter in water.

• Locked thread