Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I did like the musical stylings in this game, for all that they bugged out now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Everyone on the field in a baseball team will eventually come up to bat, though there's a disagreement between the two major baseball leagues over whether or not the pitcher should have a permanent ringer to bat on their behalf.

But as old as Mike is, he's probably a dab hand with a bat. No star, but enough to not be completely useless when it's his go in the lineup.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I kinda like the little kid who wants to be a sailor until you tel him about your wreck.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, they made this island huge. That's like two dungeons and you're not even done yet.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, the weapon being tied to your health makes it kind of irritating to get hit in the first place. I suppose everybody wanted their own variation on a Zelda sword-beam, but the yoyo feels like too much of a downgrade.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The manual is there to help you imagine the game as more than it is, you know? It's squat 8-bit sprites pretending to be a beautiful island and a bunch of adventures. If Startropics came out again today, the manual would be replaced by, like, the first ten minutes of the game. You'd actually see the village and hear the people talking to you and see all the special weapons and monsters.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Kind of weird how this chapter, short though it was, had a decent amount of unique music in it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I guess when you've already got a plot driving you they can just put whatever jokes strike their fancy into the world map.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I suppose Mike never had the history channel, so when his uncle starts talking about aliens and magic cubes he figures there might be something to it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, we are giving and taking tremendous amounts of damage. What's a potion heal now, like one hit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's weird that the shooting star and supernova never featured in those slides. I guess since they're fantastic weapons in the first place they didn't really have an idea how Mike would hold them without spiking/burning his hand.

• Locked thread