Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arven
Sep 23, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

Totes looking forward to that Putin meeting though. Pootie poot's troll game has been loving aces lately.

It would be a masterstroke for Putin to, on camera during the interview, nonchalantly acknowledge he helped trump get elected, and Trump to just absolutely blow up and threaten him in response. I feel it would cause 9/11 levels of brain brokedness in republicans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I worked for a large financial firm that, despite having a huge dedicated information security department and selling that fact to its clients, caved to the individual computer demands of every executive. We're talking local admin with non-expiring passwords of "password", here. I walked away from that job firmly believing that people over a certain age are unable to grasp what the internet really is and cannot fathom an intangible thing affecting the material world. Cyber security is seen as an expense, and when a breach happens it's treated the same way somebody sneaking past physical security would be- that somebody wasn't doing their job, so they look for an individual (someone in the IS department, not the dumbass that fell for the fishing email) to blame.

I switched my career path from security to just normal sys admin stuff because it's so depressing to work somewhere that has the means to do a decent job of protecting themselves but won't because they're unwilling or unable to say "NO" to some old men. I cannot even begin the fathom what the US government situation must be like.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Subject: RE: [SUSPECTED_SPAM]

• Locked thread