Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Yowza, that is some shady poo poo. Even if only 10% of that is true (let's be honest it's all true and there's plenty more we don't know about) then anyone can see he's corrupt as they come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

TBeats posted:

https://twitter.com/theavclub/status/887316809782890496

I see no downfall in celebrity worship. None at all.

Who the gently caress would vote for her? She's trans so Republicans won't touch her with a 10 foot pole and she loves Trump so Dems despise her as well. It'll be a slam dunk for her opponent unless they're absolutely horrible.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Smiling Jack posted:

Every case this guy has ever touched is 100% done unless you have other officers as witnesses, and even then the defense is gonna get this guy on the stand an destroy him.

This guy is a loving idiot. He probably legit found the drugs there and then decided to go back and get the recovery on camera but either way he's a fuckin moron and he's getting fired.

I should be allowed to punch guys like this in the face every time we lose a case because the juries don't believe police testimony.

And maybe Baltimore PD is just full of pieces of poo poo? The other two dudes with him sure didn't see a problem!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Dead Reckoning posted:

Their logo is an Indian head with the words SAVAGE ARMS next to it. Yes, this is an accident of history and not a racist slur, but still...

Just looked it up and it's actually a neat story :3:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Blind Rasputin posted:

Lol at this guy

I support myself with my mutual reciprocity and symbiosis with the Something Awful dot com forums.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

shame on an IGA posted:

Didn't this round start because the Palestinians are mad about metal detectors at the temple mount? gently caress it, push them into the sea already.

Yeah we can all agree the Israelis are assholes but I think it's a bit too far to call for killing all of them!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Loden Taylor posted:

I wear a seat belt at all times so that if an attacker enters my car and forces me to drive at gunpoint, I can ram a solid object and eject him through the windshield like in the 1989 hit film Turner & Hooch (I am Turner in this situation; Hooch is a dog, he does not drive).

I'm not trapped in the car with you, you're trapped in the car with me!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Immanentized posted:

Trade you for Ben Sasse?

He might be as concerned as John McCain you guys.

Sasse has got to be the most spineless man in congress. gently caress Ben Sasse.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Yeah but in 20 years we'll have battleships with giant laser arrays that can shoot down any number of incoming missiles!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Reverand maynard posted:

What are tankies

The term originates as a derisive term by leftists against other leftists who supported the Soviet Union sending tanks to stop the Prague Spring. Czechoslovak communists had the nerve to not want an authoritarian/Soviet boot on their necks and the Soviets crushed them for it.

Nowadays the term refers to modern day Stalinists or left authoritarians. It's also commonly applied to leftists who are not necessarily authoritarian in their central beliefs but are for some reason supporting an authoritarian government (Assad in Syria or Maduro in Venezuela usually).

IMO there are a handful of left journalists who are responsible for a lot of it. Their domestic politics are fine or even good but they essentially put out a bunch of authoritarian propaganda because if the United States is bad then anyone the US is opposing must be 100% pure and good! Please avert your eyes from that pile of corpses!

There was an excellent opinion piece on the DSA website the other day about this type of stuff that caused a big uproar.
http://www.dsausa.org/the_case_for_solidarity_with_the_syrian_revolution_dl

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Hella tempting to throw $25 on No.

• Locked thread