Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Let's settle the argument by outing the guy ourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

something about communism broke chinese brains and they view money in real estate as safer than the money being in a bank. Just about everything involving china and real estate is a bubble

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

I've been told that is because housing isn't permanent in china so they freak out when they can actually buy something, keep it forever, and give it to their children.

Who knows though.

yeah but this creates suburbs that are built like a victorian city with no one living in it. like an entire dead city of real estate investments

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

my understanding of the chinese buying real estate is that their money in chinese banks isn't secure so they buy real estate because even if they lose money on it its still better than the alternative of sitting in a chinese bank where the government can take it. It's probably some weird by product of china having a first generation of upper/middle class in large numbers other than those in leadership positions in the party.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

maybe 'ol rick perry means he's going to create the demand by banning all other forms of energy

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

If they publish stuff that was intercepted by the IC then they will legit start trying to prosecute the press

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is actually any law that allows news papers to protect their sources

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

joat mon posted:

The feds and most of the states have some form of newspaperman's privilege.

how solid is it though? My understanding is that its more of an unwritten rule than actual laws.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Like if Washington Post gets leaked damning phone conversations by the IC and publishes it, can Trump have his justice department prosecute them?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i just can't wait for renewable energy to turbo gently caress russia and the saudis

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Dead Reckoning posted:

Russian Tinder must be a-maz-ing.

yeah you just have to let them know upfront you're not a violent drunk and their panties drop

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i wanna visit sometime tbh

maybe even do an alaskan cruise

the idea of being stuck on a cruiser ship freaks me out and I'll never do it

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

atlanta is one of the liberal cities in the south, which side are you fuckers on

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Chichevache posted:

The winning side :patriot:
god bless

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I still find it kinda bizarre that because I don't like Russia I'm by default a liberal now. Like there are really only three things I'm liberal about: social issues, weed, and healthcare.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I hope there is a recording of Mueller and Comey's reaction to this

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

you can't discredit the story when he loving tweeted out the out emails. Did he forget his family was going for the FAKE NEWS angle?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

But we did pay for them. We paid the iron price.

yeah uh I paid for them by shooting at dudes and having bad knees before turning 30

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

Bought the coffee mug. If we were actually allowed to make coffee in the office, I'd have it on my desk.

Link the mug?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Trump's personal lawyer may be resigning

its because he saw the

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

can we toxx clause n4b

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

is that the real cover

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yeah so many suicides are because of ptsd related stuff the sgli covers suicide and has for a long time now (lol forever war)

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

whats trump's lawyer's email address I'm gonna email him Things Fall Apart

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

tucker carlson is a bitchmade softbody

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...genumber%3D1372

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

cowboy elvis posted:

I'm sure he meant to imply ACA failed and not to intentionally throw shade at the lovely AHCA bill.

obv but he's just flat out retarded

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Waroduce posted:

Heather Brooke

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I still think kanye is on the spectrum which is why I kinda like him

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Terrifying Effigies posted:

In lighter news, French military bands are great and Trump doesn't know what the hell a daft punk is:

https://twitter.com/Simon_Cullen/status/885822181829160960

his hair is going up and down with the beat

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

did natty guard have ammo

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I want a star trek future where everyone has replicators and free energy and you just basically wish for whatever material thing you want and poof its there

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

SMOKE MOON ROCKS is a bitch

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i want the pee tape to be real so every time someone in my family posts something dumb on facebook I can just link the piss tape

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

did he legally change his name because its gonna be funny when he loses because kid rock isn't on the ballot but his real name is

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

she should be in jail for manslaughter

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

please clap

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

when do the russians involved start fleeing the country?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

75 is the average life expectancy and trump only eats salads drenched in ranch and he's 71 so its 50/50 odds nature takes him off this wretched planet within the next four years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I mean he is the president so he's going to have exceptional and immediate first class health care the second he coughs but he's also shoveling ketchup drenched steaks down his gullet while he rages out to CNN so I feel like its gonna balance out the odds back to a life expectancy of 75. If I started mailing him twinkies in the hopes that he developes diabetes would that warrant a visit from the secret service?

• Locked thread