Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

facialimpediment posted:

Also, can someone tell me how the gently caress a confederate flag gets to Poland?
I've seen 'em in rural France on the backs of pickups owned by skinheads. They're the right-wing equivalent of a Che poster, except they represent a cause responsible for more deaths by several orders of magnitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
That's no pen.

Oh god, it's practically microscopic

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
No one over 75 or under 25 should be considered fit for office.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
As a dashcam owner, police have zero justification for not running their cameras 24/7. Slap in a 32gb SD card and you've got a couple hours of 4k footage that can jump into "DON'T DELETE THIS" mode when prompted. Backing everything up requires a pricier setup, but accountability for the wearer is worth its weight in gold.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
DNC political operatives so out of touch that they think the USSR is still a driving force for international communism...

The actual tweet is still up, but if she doesn't take it down in the next couple of hours she's a bigger idiot than I thought.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

Ohh woe is us. Not being able to inport pint sized Rusdian sociopaths into the country is sooo terrible.
:911: We're placing targeted sanctions on your inner circle to reduce their global influence.
:ussr: Unacceptable!! In retaliation, we will not allow Americans to adopt Russian orphans.
:911: ...wait, what?
:ussr: That's right! Now even more Russian orphans will grow up in squalid, overcrowded orphanages that rent them out by the hour.
:911: No, no, retaliation means loving with the guys who hosed with you.
:ussr: In Soviet Russia, retaliation fucks with YOU.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
Ugh, didn't realize that the NRA has continued the series it began with Dana Loesch wherein it incites gun owners to violence against protesters and demands subservience to the glorious Donald Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSrM8kq12-g

I own two Rugers, but sure as gently caress am not giving them another dime if they don't outright condemn this fascist poo poo and withdraw their sponsorship. As pigs flying has a higher probability, anyone know a gun company that isn't deep in bed with these jackbooted thugs?

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

bird cooch posted:

There ain't any "good guys" In this situation.
There's oppressor and oppressee. That's all anyone who views human rights as universal really needs to know. Are the Palestinians angels? Nah, but we can hardly expect them to be given the nature of the Apartheid they are subjected to.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

Ayn Marx posted:

Wait that is *not* a parody account???????
Only in that it playfully converts Trump's asinine tweets in a more professional form to demonstrate their utter failure to live up to the office of the president.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
:stonklol: Has anything similar been seen in the Dakotas/Alberta or is this relatively unique to Oklahoma's geology?

I get the feeling we're going to see the entire state descend into a giant sinkhole that Failbetter Games will base their next game off of.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

psydude posted:

Why the gently caress don't people wear seatbelts?
Per random Russian woman I got in a car with once (it wasn't collusion, I promise), "seatbelts are for babies".

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

Greenwald has crawled so far up Trump's rear end it isn't funny anymore. I hope he dies up there.
This. Back in the early Bush era I had some measure of respect and even admiration for him as there was (and still is) a lot of truth in his attacks on the incestuous relationship between politics and the news media leading to insufficiently critical reporting on American adventures abroad and a dearth of serious discussion about economic inequality. At some point over the last ten years, however, his slightly-unhinged shtick started to degenerate from 'speaking truth to power' to 'America is the most evil state on the face of the planet and thus its enemies are paragons of virtue and their representative in America, the glorious Trump, must be defended at all costs'.

gently caress him.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

I just don't see a big target like a carrier being practical as missile technology gets better and more ubiquitous. I mean, maybe we can make Star Trek shields or whatever to counter that.

But I'll cop to the fact that I really don't know all that much about running a navy or the shape of future threats, it's just a sense I get from watching what China's been up to.
This, but I also have zero experience in either naval strategy or missile technology. It just seems like swarming, super-accurate ASBMs can't be over 20 years away for China (assuming it doesn't succumb to its internal problems), offering substantial ability to deny carriers the ability to conduct operations against land-based targets at a tiny fraction of the cost it takes to design, build, man, and maintain a carrier battle group.

But I guess we will still have the ability to bomb some technicals in the desert or provide hurricane relief in southeast Asia and that's all we really need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

He's going to kill himself, isn't he?
I just hope he doesn't kill any innocents in the process.

• Locked thread