Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

quote:

Ive said it very simply. I think it could very well have been Russia. I think it could well have been other countries. I wont be specific. But I think a lot of people interfere, Trump said. Nobody really knows. Nobody really knows for sure.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/06/russia-and-other-countries-may-have-interfered-in-us-election-says-trump?CMP=fb_gu

What even are elections? Scientists still aren't sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

I'm just boggled by Junior thinking he had anything to gain by just tossing the emails out like that

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-baghdadi-idUSKBN19W1AW

So the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights is saying they've been told al-Baghdadi is dead, and they've got a pretty good track record for stuff.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Waroduce posted:

That's pretty dope but he's been reported dead like 4 times....once maybe 2 months ago

It seems like they're confirming the Russian claim from last month.

Normally this wouldn't mean much, you're right, but the Observatory has a solid track record.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

TBeats posted:

I can't take Monty on morning walks and evening walks (2 miles each, four miles total) without my right leg being in throbbing pain the entire following day because the military needed the cartilage out of my knee to get destroyed by running on concrete and ruck marching on concrete. I can only do either the morning or the evening, but I'm afraid even that is going to be a problem in the future.

And I'm only 29 :(

I've been fighting with Navy Medical to get the arthroscopy I need for my hip since last October, and I'm still another month or two away from a possible surgery. Not looking forward to when it's time to get my other hip scoped out as well.

I turn 29 next month

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Pesticide20 posted:

The real question is do you think he'll put it up in any of his businesses?

They'd have to take down some of the fake covers to make space

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Buca di Bepis posted:

Pretty sure it was the cops blasting blacks, not the servicemembers

Thin. Blue. Line.

Our Boys in Blue are basically servicemembers, fighting the War on Crime every day on the homefront. A civilian like you would never understand what an officer of the law puts on the line every day.

jk cops are pigs

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

Luckily moon mining and Martian mining necessitate the operators never be exposed to the materials.

I'm 100% in favor of strip mining all of mars and making it a real 40k forgeworld. There is no ecology to protect and every habitable space will be entirely artificial anyway.

People would track more and more moon dust into whatever habitat they're living in every time somebody goes outside and then comes back in. It would probably take a while to be a problem, but could over time cause some serious issues.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

If the Martians deserve the resources so much maybe they should have stuck around after bringing humans out of the stone ages :colbert:

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

suboptimal posted:

What I think you're all forgetting is that we don't have poverty in America, but instead an entire class consisting of generations of temporarily inconvenienced millionaires overburdened by a needlessly complex tax code aimed at suppressing their wealth generation.

Or so millions of people of voting age believe.

Well, them and the lazy coloreds

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Bolow posted:

Iran being openly hostile and seeking the bomb is bad.

Helping enable the Saudi's and the rest of the dipshits in the region in their jihad against Shia is also bad

Everyone involved is an rear end in a top hat but Iran at least has a no poo poo reason to hate and distrust the US, also

Iran probably wouldn't be so hostile and so excited to get the bomb if the world's biggest nuclear power wasn't constantly raring to go to war with them. In the 21st century, the only way to ensure your nation's sovereignty is to be a nuclear power, otherwise it takes a negligible amount of effort for the US or Russia to just completely dismantle your country with no repercussions.

edit: that's also not going into how the Republicans like to crow about Iran being a destabilizing force in the region, when they were one of the first nations to commit ground troops to push back ISIS's advancement into Iraq. Not to mention the constant saber-rattling and random invasions of neighbors that Saudi Arabia and Israel are constantly doing. At least Iran has elections of a sort, that's a huge step up over the Saudis.

Internet Wizard fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 24, 2017

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Has anybody from the DoD actually made any statements in support of this latest bout of verbal diarrhea? People at work keep crowing about how Mattis is totally down with banning all trannies but nobody's been able to back it up at all.

All I've seen so far is a former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs saying this is dumb https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/07/25/accept-treat-transgender-troops-adm-mike-mullen-tells-congress/508852001/

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Tomi Lahren, while debating about the evils of Obamacare, admitted that she has health insurance right now because Obamacare lets her stay on her parents' plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

Every republican I know jacks off to their power fantasy american movies like Red Dawn so i suggest bombing russia would be a good start to unifying the country.

poo poo, it'd even be good for putin; he'd actually have an outside threat to get that populist base deepthroating him even harder.

It's always fun pointing out that the Wolverines are the mujahideen to this sort of rah rah typer

• Locked thread