Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I'd like to remind you the unofficial CE thread motto for the last seven or so months is "nothing matters"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Dead Reckoning posted:

It's fuckin Pelosi. After four years of her, middle America would install Cliven Bundy as President with the corpse of Saddam Hussein as his VP and never look back.

Do you want someone to be Nancy Pelosi's rubber stamp? *spooky music over milque toast dem candidate*

Or someone with Vision whose willing to stand up to LIBERALS and make YOUR VALUES HEARD? * Queue patriotic music and 9/11 montage* vote the corpse of Osama Bin Laden for your district rep.

Atlanta GOP candidates would be way more insufferable than they already are.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

But have you heard of General Sherman?

There's not a day goes by where I listen to am radio here and go. "Maybe the Republicans didn't go far enough after Lincoln bit it. "

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

not caring here posted:

Maybe if you hold engineers to that standard, them saying "I in no way certify this as secure because x,y and z" would make the purse strings loosen up a bit.

I'm not sure this works. Social engineering is still a big problem with security so even if you took a system entirely off network, you could still be insecure because of people infiltrating your company, or being bribed, or what have you. Then if your computer is on a network you have all manner of penetration attempts that you can attempt to secure against, but against a state actor or really deep pockets it's about mitigation and restoration rather than keeping people out 100 percent.

If you're a civil engineer at least youre not held liable if a dude decides to bomb your building and your building falls over.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jul 9, 2017

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Sunset posted:

Why do people do this? Is everyone stupid?

Pretty much it's a combination of old people at the top not knowing any better but erring on the side of not spending money and them not thinking that they're gonna get penetrated because they have top of the line* stuff. At least in my experience.

*bought and updated circa 2000.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Ya'll think Trump is proof the president actually doesn't know something really really spooky like Aliens landing at area 51, there's a cthulu like entity sleeping at the bottom of the ocean, magic exists, etc?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Professor Bling posted:

Burn Atlanta for the insurance money

I swear to you it's the outside of the perimeter that needs to burn. A lot of the middle of Atlanta is redeemable I promise!

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

McNally posted:

No city needs more than one street with the same loving name. I'm pretty sure there are three in Atlanta named Peachtree and I swear to god I think two of them intersect.

Raze the city.

(spare the aquarium)

Peachtree street intersects Peachtree Battle.

orange juche posted:

There are 6 major ones, and one intersection has 3 of them coming together in a massive pile of gently caress.

If you're curious there are 71 "Peachtree Street"s in Atlanta.

I didn't know there where that many. Man this city wasn't really planned out.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Professor Bling posted:

editZ: also I don't trust a dude that chooses Kildar anything as a screen name after reading those Ghost novels

You spent money and read those things? I just watched the TFR Lets read for them.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Reverand maynard posted:

atlanta is one of the liberal cities in the south, which side are you fuckers on

The side that doesn't end with Atlanta razed... Again.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Current right wing talking point on AM radio today was, "Putin would have absolutely loved Hilary in charge, why would he possibly help trump?! Makes no sense, trumps an unknown quantity while Hillary would have just been more of Obama which would be SCRAPING to Putin."

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

I hope he does, and then Junior either refuses or we find out he's already deleted all the emails or something like that.

The irony would be just too great.

Historys a giant stupid circle. It starts with BUTTERYMAILS!!!! and ends with BUTTHISMAILS!!

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

quote:

"If Donald Trump himself was colluding with Vladimir Putin and the Russians, why would he need his son to act as an intermediary?" Hannity asked his millions of listeners.

Its poo poo like this that make me think either A) Right-Wing commentators are actually retarded or B) They're just saying what the audience wants to hear without regard for anything at all.

:downs: WHY BIGLYMAN NEED INTERMEDIARY TO TALK TO POOTMAN!?! EH WHY USE SON? HIM TALK TO POOT POOT BY HIMSELF IF HE WANT TO TALK TO POOTMAN!

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Zeris is the C word still banned? Because someone just did something to tucker.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

The hot take from AM radio today was, "Well if Trump JR did it that means his father is clean! He was only doing what a good son, a good advocate, would do. Further if the Russians had damning evidence about Hillary and wanted to give it to Trump JR. That only proves that the Russians weren't trying to help Trump, just trying to hurt Hillary!*ignores how yesterday he went on a rant on how the Russians would absolutely have loved Hillary in charge*"

There should be a law banning news radio in the work place.

Edit: I don't really see how anyone can make the logic of "hur dur they're not helping trump, they're trying to hurt hillary!" Instead of seeing one implies did the other.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 12, 2017

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

You have to not be able to afford a lawyer to get a public defender. That would be far too embarrassing for Donnie.

Someone better call Saul.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Looks like the Keebler Klansman lied on his SF-86.

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/885496390964715520

A transparency organization FOIAed his SF-86, DOJ blew the deadline, then DOJ only released one redacted page. Turns out, that's all that was needed to prove he lied about his foreign contacts :laugh:

Didn't he already admit to this that he 'forgot'?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

bulletsponge13 posted:

Pulling this back up.
You join the FFL. Then end up playing cymbals in a Daft Punk cover for a cheeto colored retard.

And I thought I had bad luck in our Army.

"A very very lovely traditional french military hymn."

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

The BBC posted:

Russia's Supreme Court has ordered the disbanding of the Jehovah's Witnesses on Russian territory.....The ban came into effect after the court rejected an appeal by the religious group against a ruling in April which declared it to be extremist......It will be required to hand over all its properties, known as Kingdom Halls, to the Russian government...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40635267

Welp. Apparently someone went knocking on Putins door too early on a sunday guys.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Best quote from the parents.

quote:

“It didn’t really hit home. Even with the Aaliyah situation, now that I think about it, ‘Age Ain’t Nothing But a Number’ ... but you don’t think about that. You grew up with the song, and you like the song.”

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Mike-o posted:

The one and only time I tried turbo tax, they loving failed me and I had to redo my loving poo poo. THANKS TURBO TAX.

I've used turbo tax over the last couple years and I've not gotten dinged for it, but then again I'm simple I get 1099 Independent Contractor and only really get the standard deduction + education tax credit.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Then there are the genius's who think we should pay for things with sales tax increases instead of taxing rich people.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

bird food bathtub posted:

Making it blow up even bigger isn't exactly a good negotiation tactic.

Rand "gently caress you got mine" Paul and Zodiac Killer will vote it up now.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

quote:

Senators want to get things done. McConnell's pitch to his fellow Republicans was always, let's get power & THEN we'll get things done. 10/

Their problem now is that the tactics McConnell employed to accrue power undercut their ability to get things done.

Earth, scorched. 11/

I'm confused as to what these sentences mean. Is he referring to basically never compromising with Dem's or something during the last years of Obama?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

The Republican Party, just self serving enough to attempt to shoot America in the head and not charitable enough to dome themselves by doing it.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Why the hell is Russian adoption an issue dont we have enough kids to adopt here or literally any where else in the world? A certain portion of them are even white for the ubermench assholes.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

Probably more like JohnMcCainWasConcerned.com at this point. I was looking at collaborative database stuff last night for how we could crowdsource incidents of concern.

Google sheets is pretty good. Unless you wanna do something that auto propagates a website. In which case you're beyond me.

Tryzzub posted:

code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <title>Is John McCain Concerned?</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <p id="code"></p> 
  </body>
<script>
if(1==1){
document.getElementById("code").innerHTML = "Yes";}
else
{ document.getElementById("code").innerHTML = "No!?"; }
</script>
</html>

Got to have fancy JS in there.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jul 20, 2017

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I love it when people get blindsided by takedowns of Darknet stuff. They think they're protected by no less than five proxies? Doesn't mean dick if you use currency and addresses linked back to you. None of that is anything close to secure. It's way easier to assume anything shady online like that is a honey pot or one waiting to happen

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

bird food bathtub posted:

What would a hard right tea party dickhead in the seat do differently? Press the vote button extra hard on like 99% party lines?

Only reason to not want McCain to die right now is so he clogs up the seat while not voting (or to extend the suffering, depending on level of hatred). Him actually kicking it and being replaced would be back to the legislative status quo but without the flimsy "maverick" bullshit.

Who will ever be concerned though!?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

AkrisD posted:

In case no one is following the net neutrality issue, a redditor did some basic research and found that arguably the FCC is sabotaging its own comment system.

reddit link here

Ahahahah, why even do this? It's not like the FCC has to listen if X amount of people blow up the comment section? They could have just shrugged and killed net neutrality right?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Spicy Level: Baby peas :sad:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Kawasaki Nun posted:

We should probably do a bit more to amend the power structures in this nation to box out idiots

Unfortunately the problem is there's a not small portion of the electorate who are idiots, who instead of voting for bread and circus' voted for... I dunno... poverty and death? I mean what can you do, say anyone who voted Trump in last time no longer has a franchise?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

rex tillerson might be resigning soon

they're calling it rexit

Oompa loompa doompety doo.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

when the market determines that cybersecurity is in the best interest of industry, industry will take it seriously. please do not question the all powerful orb free market

Wait.. isn't Rudy Guill... Giul... Giuliani(sic?) supposed to be head of cyber security or some such crap?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

quote:

On average, the surveys found that Democratic House candidates would win 82 percent to 7 percent (a 75-point margin) among respondents who disapproved of the job that Trump was doing. (The two surveys found very similar results.) Meanwhile, House Republican candidates won by an average of 78 points among respondents who approved of the job Trump was doing.

Who are these ~20% of surveyed that believe trump is doing A-OK and would vote democrat or other?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

suboptimal posted:

It's basically this

But with a dumbass girl who just killed her sister.

:gonk: Jesus

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

"I don't see why you call yourselves boy scouts, I see lots of you, not boys some of you are coming of age. Your youths more like. How about Trump Youths. Yea I like the sound of that. "

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

McCain is solidly further up than 3rd in line for "Congressman I most wanted to have lethal brain cancer", and his perpetual concern will be the butt of jokes for many a year if we can get the website built. So... really... he's the least worst congressman ever.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

we had a little scuffle in southeast asia in the 60s to the early 70s. John McCain participated in that

He was deeply concerned about it at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I don't understand the GOP's want of putting less bodies in front of them to get shot at in the forever war. Thank you for your service. :patriot:

• Locked thread