Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

"not a lot of people know this, but a lot of Jewish people died in WWII"

and then he finally loses his base for acknowledging them holocaust

As if he would acknowledge it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Immanentized posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/world/europe/donald-trump-poland-speech.html

Donnie throwing around words like "Will to survive" and "Defend our Civilization" while in Poland. Absolutely nothing to see here

quote:

Worried that crowds would not show up on Thursday — Mr. Trump is less popular in Poland’s liberal capital than in the conservative countryside — the authorities chose a smaller, though still symbolically rich, site. The governing party also bused in supporters from the countryside to ensure a large crowd.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I can see Russia from my back porch and I didn't see election interference

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
He doesn't read anything so he wouldn't know if there was.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Chichevache posted:

The winning side :patriot:

I don't have a lot of moral fortitude. If I did I wouldn't have enlisted.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Holy poo poo

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TBeats posted:

Was Trump Jr working in an official capacity for his dad's campaign at that time? If he wasn't, then how/why would it actually impact Trump himself aside from bad optics and more smoke?

Paul Manafort and the Kush were both there, too.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Ceiling fan posted:

Legally enforced boycott and persona non grata. These people and organizations cannot visit, do business, or associate with any US citizen or organization. What's the good of being a corrupt strongman when the empire that controls all the luxury goods and services freezes you and your cronies out?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The real question is do you think he'll put it up in any of his businesses?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/885862066342506496

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

dscruffy1 posted:

Louie Gohmert is also the terror baby guy. He also argued that "the gays" would ruin potential colonies on Mars in the event of a planetwide disaster necessitating that sort of thing. Because we'd just have a same-sex colony since we don't discriminate. He used The Martian to do this.

Reppin' Texas proudly!

I looked this up and his reasoning involves the fact that the colony will only be able to have about 40 people. I think there's going to be a bigger problem than gay people if he thinks 40 people is enough to continue the human race.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Blind Rasputin posted:

In other news, Netflix is making an Overwatch movie. May god help us all.

Source? Google only gives me a fan made trailer

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
There's a thread for this conjecture.

South Korea Proposes Military Talks With North at Their Border

quote:

The South wants to send a military delegation to the border village of Panmunjom on Friday to discuss “stopping all hostile activities that raise military tension” along the border, Vice Defense Minister Suh Choo-suk said on Monday.

Such a meeting would be the first between the two governments since 2015 and the first inter-Korean military dialogue since 2014.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Grover just got an erection and he doesn't know why

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/887134287350439936

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
A good thread

https://twitter.com/AJentleson/status/887137073785909250

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Slide whistle

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ElMaligno posted:

what the gently caress is this about this clinton/ukranian collusion I been hearing in fox news????

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/07/russia-trump-ukraine-clinton/533394/

The tl;dr is

quote:

The first involves the Ukrainian American political operative Alexandra Chalupa. As a paid consultant to the Democratic National Committee, Chalupa was tasked with something unrelated to Ukraine: helping the party reach out to various ethnic groups in the United States. But during her time in that role, which ended after the Democratic convention in July, she was also immersed in a side project: investigating Paul Manafort, Trump’s onetime campaign chairman, and the work he did advising the former pro-Russian Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych. Politico reports that as part of this effort, Chalupa cultivated a network of sources in Ukraine and the United States, including “investigative journalists, government officials, and private intelligence operatives.” She “occasionally shared her findings with officials from the DNC and Clinton’s campaign” and voiced her concerns about Manafort’s Russia ties with Ukraine’s ambassador to the United States, Valeriy Chaly, during a meeting at the Ukrainian Embassy.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ElMaligno posted:

This is so loving dumb

Did you expect otherwise?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Oh hey this shouldn't get missed

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/887406712671674369?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih_l0vBISOE

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
360 video of Ukrainian children age 9-17 learning how to fight against the Russians in a summer camp

Fidget spinners are a big deal in Russia

quote:

Commentators piled on, noting that the spinners might indeed be an attempt to “zombify people” so that they could be manipulated.

“In such a manner, our opposition is luring the youth,” Ruslan Ostashko, the editor in chief of a pro-Kremlin website, PolitRussia.ru, told Rossiya 24 in a separate report. “Those who understand political technologies, they understand very clearly that this simple thing is controlling the masses.”

Scores Found Guilty in Thailand in Human-Trafficking Case

quote:

A court in Thailand on Wednesday convicted scores of defendants accused of organizing a human-trafficking ring that enslaved hundreds of people, dozens of whom were found buried in a mass grave near a secret jungle camp in which they had been imprisoned, tortured and held for ransom.

The 102 defendants, including a Thai general, police officers, and smugglers from Bangladesh, Myanmar and Thailand, were arrested in 2015 after 36 bodies were found in shallow graves near the border with Malaysia. The discovery led to efforts to dismantle a multimillion-dollar smuggling enterprise, and the traffickers soon abandoned their human chattel in jungle camps or in crowded vessels adrift in the Andaman Sea.

quote:

Victims said they had been smuggled from Bangladesh and Myanmar in cramped boats with little food and water. After arriving in Thailand, they were packed into trucks and marched to camps high in the forested mountains of Songkla Province. There, they were imprisoned and made to call their families and beg for ransoms of around $3,000. Some said they had been raped.

When discovering the jungle camp in 2015, the Thai
police described finding bamboo cages, watchtowers and a “torture room.”

quote:

In 2015, the police officer who had first overseen the investigation and who had issued more than 150 warrants fled to Australia after numerous threats to his life.

Uruguay legalized recreational marijuana

quote:

As American states legalize marijuana and governments in the hemisphere rethink the fight against drugs, Uruguay is taking a significant step further: It is the first nation in the world to fully legalize the production and sale of marijuana for recreational use.

Edit: forgot to add this last bit

quote:

But Washington’s views on drug policy appear to carry less weight than ever these days, even in countries that have traditionally been allies.

“Today, what the United States says has never mattered less,” said Mr. Blasina, the museum founder. “We don’t see its president as a reasonable individual whose opinion is worth anything.”

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 19, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Smiling Jack posted:

Pity Russia was busy invading Poland at the time.

They got called out quite a bit in the comments

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Trump ends covert CIA program to arm anti-Assad rebels in Syria, a move sought by Moscow

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

For all his support of veterans, I want him to see a VA physician. I want a VA cancer doc walking into his hospital room, telling him it will be at least a month before they can stuff his head in a catscan tube and give him opiate painkillers until they call to confirm his next appointment in six months.

Then I want them to accidentally mix up his records, give him a prostate exam and expose him to some mutant form of hepatitis because the previous examiner forgot a step in the cleaning procedures.

Finally, he can die in a VA ER waiting area after six hours of waiting for basic triage.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
If McCain doesn't die within four weeks (Aug 16) I'll donate $25 to the charity of GiP's choice.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
CHICKEN SHOES suggests McCain go to a DOD neurosurgeon within his constituency

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Casimir Radon posted:

Make sure to make it in his name.

Noted

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://www.reddit.com/r/HansaDarknetMarket/comments/6ogw06/someone_please_help_me_please/

Plenty of fun to be had browsing Reddit right now

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I love the number of people who see the news that the site they purchase illicit materials from was seized by the feds and all the information was gathered and turned into a huge criminal case and the one question they have is, "Will my order still arrive?"

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
How is Spicer still around?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
How long until the Spice gives us his book?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
That thing is ugly as hell and should be burned to the ground

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Redneck Revolt and Cornbread Communism are both cool and good

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Sessions is expected to go after marijuana this week

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Poland’s President Vetoes 2 Proposed Laws Limiting Courts’ Independence

quote:

WARSAW — Following tumultuous protests, and warnings from the European Union, Poland’s president vetoed two proposed laws on Monday that would have given the right-wing governing party direct control of the judiciary.

Poles denouncing the laws as a retreat from democratic norms had taken to the streets by the tens of thousands, and the European Union, which Poland joined in 2004, had warned Warsaw that adopting the laws — which the bloc’s officials called a threat to judicial independence and the rule of law — could result in legal sanctions.

Nonetheless, the decision by the president, Andrzej Duda, was unexpected. He was elected in May 2015 as the handpicked candidate of the right-wing Law and Justice Party, which won parliamentary elections later that year, and until now has been a steadfast ally of the government, though there have been rumors of a rift between Mr. Duda and the party’s leader, Jaroslaw Kaczynski.

However:

quote:

Later in the morning, Mr. Duda said that he would sign a third bill, which reorganizes Poland’s local judiciary, giving the justice minister the power to select the heads of the local courts and — in certain cases — even to direct judges to particular cases.

Thankfully:

quote:

Mr. Duda said he was troubled by provisions that gave the country’s chief prosecutor and justice minister power over the choice of high court justices. He was also upset that the bill was pressed through Parliament without being presented to his office for consultations.

“Poland needs reform of the judiciary,” Mr. Duda said, “but I am a supporter of a wise reform.”

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Is that a Paul Ryan impersonator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Proud Christian Mom posted:

i know three people that dont wear them. One is an accountant who thinks she'll get stuck and burn to death. The other two don't because seatbelts are for pussies and they drive brodozers so they're basically just waiting to become a statistic. All of them have spouses and children.

Buy her a belt cutter. Can't do anything for the douchebags, though.

• Locked thread