Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Just a reminder, Ken Starr was investigating a real estate deal and ended up with the totally unrelated Monika Lewinsky scandal.

Muller is highly principled, skilled and is totally relentless with an effective mandate to investigate everything. Impeachment is a political process so don't expect Trump to go anywhere, but a lot of underlings are gonna get shredded over the next four years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

gently caress Matthis really does own

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

But Kansas and Louisiana are doing so well

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

TBeats posted:

If we burn it all down then we can't give it up when we default on our debts and need to give up something for repo to other countries, and then we have to give up the parts we didn't want to burn.

Just something to think about!

okay I don't think you understand how treasury bills work

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

maffew buildings posted:

That's cool neither does the Freedom Caucus

true

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Larry Parrish posted:

My greatest fear is unironically that the insane style of hardcore evangelical that enlisted specifically so they could be a Holy Christian Warrior is now filling a good chunk of the senior officer corps

oh man

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Press briefing pretty good today.

Also Don Jr on Hannity tonight

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I just flipped on Tucker Carlson for some reason and Ralph Peters is loving stomping on Tucker and his Russian apologia.

Peters just poo poo all over Obama and now he's making GBS threads on Trump and he's going ham on Putin I don't think Tucker expected this.

LMFAO Ralph Peters just called Tucker a modern day version of Charles Lindbergh in the 1930s

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 12, 2017

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I think Ralph is about to stab Tucker in the throat

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Ralph Peters was in a 1997 Newsweek article as being one of the most influential thinkers of his generation (as a lt colonel) and then 9/11 happened and Ralph went nuts.

His early fiction works aren't really fiction which is why they're so depressing.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

"you sound like Charles Lindburg in the 1930s saying Hitler hadn't done anything to us" was loving priceless

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Danzinger Bridge incident

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

MrYenko posted:

Similar to "SUPER STORM SANDY" which probably would have resulted in nothing worse than overturned lawn furniture if it had hit Florida, Katrina hit what amounted to a soft, completely unprepared target. :(

Parts of the city were under 6-8 feet of water. I personally saw a boat in the middle of a city street several blocks from the waterline, flipped over cars, and so on.

Not sure how 6-8 feet of flooding several blocks inland equates to flipped lawn furniture. The only reason the death toll wasn't stupendous was because of most New Yorkers ability to evacuate vertically.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

we are in the maxtrix reality where cypher has succeded and become a famous president

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

LingcodKilla posted:

Winning over your own party. Impressive.

Well, Obama couldn't do it either.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Every case this guy has ever touched is 100% done unless you have other officers as witnesses, and even then the defense is gonna get this guy on the stand an destroy him.

This guy is a loving idiot. He probably legit found the drugs there and then decided to go back and get the recovery on camera but either way he's a fuckin moron and he's getting fired.

I should be allowed to punch guys like this in the face every time we lose a case because the juries don't believe police testimony.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I'll punch them in the face also

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Pity Russia was busy invading Poland at the time.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Genocide Tendency posted:

Not exactly.

The IC wants to take Trump in a prison style gang bang.

Russia is a bit different. They invested a lot of time and resources to get Trump in power and expected a return on it by now. Pootie is running out of patients and is starting to put screws to the admin. But the Soviets don't want him out of power until they get sanctions lifted and their ops compound back.

The IC leak is straight from the White House and an attempt to further poo poo on Sessions so he quits.

The primary Russian goal is the destabilization and deligtimization of American democracy and institutions.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

See enough of that poo poo irl I'll skip it thanks

I had a few weeks of a recurring nightmare where I was trying to carry a dead kid to an ambulance and I couldn't find it glad that seems to have gone away for now

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

look I didn't even click on the fuckin video but if I have a nightmare again tonight I'm blaming you guys

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

okay can we stop with the video descriptions please

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Two Finger posted:

So shim is this the open war between Intel and exec you were talking about?

not even close

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

If Kislyak was telling the truth in those calls which he had to know were going to be intercepted.

I am increasingly convinced that the Russian end goal was not to elect Trump but to severely damage Hillary leading to years of Ben Gazi type hearings. Trump actually getting elected was their longshot hail mary and now that it actually worked they set up all sorts of compromat to cripple his administration.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I wonder which intern though if the idea of using a wedge issue to distract the base

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

BigDave posted:

Very simply, the President & the White House knows where their policy positions are at all times. The President and his staff knows this because they know where Obama's positions were not. By subtracting where their policy's are from where Obama's were not, or where Obama was from where they are(whichever is greater), it obtains a press release, or tweet. The President uses tweets to generate commands to drive the GOP from a policy position where it is to a policy position where it isn't, and arriving at a position where it wasn't, it now is.

I can't remember what this is referring to and it's driving me nuts

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

With the help of a fully republican local government he was able to enact the Republican dream and completely broke Kansas to the point where this is his only graceful exit

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/517641/

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 27, 2017

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

My prediction is he is dead and they just haven't found the body.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Pro loving click

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

what the gently caress is gonna happen when this dysfunctional administration has a real crisis

I can't even wrap my head around what the gently caress is going on

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Wasabi the J posted:

Holy poo poo this is loving bonkers.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Here we loving go

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

What just happened, people clapping?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

eat poo poo McConnell

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Yellow jacket outta nowhere

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

poo poo is gonna be loving lit in Venezuela this weekend. Most airlines have stopped flying there, and the embassy is evacuating family members and dependents.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Best Friends posted:

I am not expecting this.

A few departments have told him to get hosed in the past.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

How many bottles of gin do you think McMaster consumes daily at this point

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

The tfr or ai thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

1) Enlist the entire north Korea army in the newly created American Foreign Legion.

2) invade Syria

3) endless war

• Locked thread