Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

TBeats posted:

I think the closest a ring has ever been to my finger is when it was a nuvaring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

bird food bathtub posted:

Me when you die of black lung in ten years.

People don't get black lung anymore because of PPE and OHSA duh. Coal is safe and clean and harmless to mine.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I mean, when someone comes in to the ER we can get CT scans of their entire body that are so high resolution now, and MRIs of specific organs with even higher quality images, very quickly. Then we can like do a lot of cool stuff to treat things. I worked at a hospital that would do everything first, ask for what insurance plan is second. Even the poor illegal immigrants got full treatment while their acuity was high enough to warrant an inpatient stay.

Main problems are of course the large tax burden to pay for this, the complete lack of outpatient follow up once they are discharged (even if they have cancer, they won't get outpatient treatment), and the lack of social work help for them. These last two things really make me the saddest. Like, once I had to tell a family they'd be better off going back to their own country to find whatever care they can get knowing this is a death sentence because they won't get it here. They have no citizenship and no insurance. And it tore me up to see how devastated their hopes were. They literally expended every single asset to get in to this country in hopes of getting treatment, just to be turned down.

I'm really hoping the most that science figures out magnetism in a way that allows for handheld MRI devices. Like, imagine a bedside device like an Ultrasound machine on wheels (which themselves have improved in resolution remarkably lately), but able to generate complete MR images of organs in real time. Just good god that would be amazing. It would be as close to a star trek tricorder as we could get.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

From some information coming in from sources police are saying that right before being shot she was overheard telling the driver, "that's not a knife. This is a knife."

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

In other news, Netflix is making an Overwatch movie. May god help us all.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

That was fan made? Thank God. I think I fell for the Netflix trademark on it like an idiot.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Discharging a gun across a seat inside a vehicle does not sound fun at all for either cop. Like, I can't imagine the cop would do that without being scared for his life?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Glioblastoma. That's bad.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

That is a loving huge takedown. 10,000 delivery addresses. We need more reddit_panicking.jpg pics here.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I'm reading that the alphabay owner Cazes hung himself in his thailand jail cell after being arrested. Holy poo poo.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Lol at this guy

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

not caring here posted:

This press briefing is the first time I've seen this Scaramucci dude, and from listening to him I think I can safely sum him up in a simple sentence.

Scaramucci sucks flaccid cock.

He certainly been drinking a gently caress load of Koolaid lately.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

That woman needs to reset her mass effect eyebrow sliders.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

TBeats posted:

That feeling when you become an internet meme

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

CRISPR chat. As a guy who did a PhD and worked with it a bit. It's going places. The first is taking people with HIV and harvesting their bone marrow and knocking in the gene mutation to completely neutralize the HIV receptor, making it possible to eradicate the virus from their blood. That's easy and doesn't involve any embryonic messing around.

The second will be done in IVF to help people replace the deltaF508 gene mutation that causes Cystic fibrosis and allow for a normal child. Possibly even hungtintons and the thalassemias or sickle cell as well. People will take the risk and sign on the dotted line to do this even if it's not fully FDA approved because the benefits drastically outweigh the risks. This will happen in 5 years or less. These diseases will begin to dissappear (for those that can afford it). Even on that last point, some congenital diseases are so easily targettable and such a high public health burden the cost to specifically target them may drop a lot before we even know it.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The Iron Rose posted:

the rq-180 is the lamest successor to the most badass spy plane.

It looks cute. bah!

Was it ever figured out if the one Iran claimed to have was real or fake?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The thread is in TFR, I just read it. I am now really very nervous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Did we fly a bunch of bombers over NK today as a show of force? Is that a good idea? It also seems.. Like an empty threat to me.

• Locked thread