Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

joat mon posted:

Is there any evidence out there to support the theory that Trump had to turn to Russia for investment money because he had burned all his bridges with U.S. sources of money?

Only his own son saying openly in front of TV cameras, before the presidential run, that a largely disproportionate amount of money was coming in from Russia.
“Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets,” Trump Jr. said at the time. “We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia."

Then there's this:
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/05/eric-trump-russia-investment-golf-course

The accusation that he's blackballed from US banks due to his multiple bankruptcies and lovely business dealings was from the Wall Street Journal.

Sergg fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jul 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Bunch of rumors swirling around right now that CNN, Washington Post, and others have transcripts of phone calls between Kushner, Bannon, and high-level Russian officials that are super damning and are not running the stories due to the Intelligence Community and Mueller's requests. Right now they're just rumors and I'll believe it when I see it. If it's true then it'll eventually come out in the Mueller investigation anyways.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Reverand maynard posted:

yeah you just have to let them know upfront you're not a violent drunk and their panties drop

My dad married a Russian mail-order bride when I was 15 and this is 100% accurate. She said if the man doesn't beat you and doesn't drink, he's an automatic keeper.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Zeris posted:

I thought it was that if you didn't drink and beat your Russian wife, she'd never respect you

Respecting someone and marrying them are two totally different things in Russia

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

*Donald Jr. begins clasping a harness around his chest. Eric turns to him*

"No. They expect one of us in the wreckage, brother."

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Kid Rock is gonna be running for US Senate here in Michigan. I started reading his Wikipedia article and just LOL:

"Ritchie was born on January 17, 1971 in Romeo, Michigan to William "Bill" Ritchie, a car dealer who owned several local dealerships, and Susan Ritchie. He attended Romeo High School.[5] He grew up on a six-acre luxurious estate[6] where Robert regularly helped pick apples and cared for the family's horses.[7]"

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Kid Rock talks about growing up in Detroit and being trailer trash but he literally grew up on a mansion in Romeo, MI with an orchard and stables. Taking care of millionaire daddy's horses doesn't make you a cowboy.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

I'm sure they were just talking about stuff like the weather and sports.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Literally any story on Fox News is going to be their deflection talking points for the day to pull attention away from whatever scandal Donnie Dumbfuck has pooped into his pants that day.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

*Oompa loompahs burst into WH Press Room and start dragging away Spicer*

"What do you get, when you tell a big fib?
Inauguration crowds were not really that big.
Chew gum all day and get terribly mad.
Yelling at press is undig-nif-ied. SAD!
Back. To. The. Reserves. With. You.

Oompah loompah doopity dee
If you are smart you'll listen to me
Women will play you on SNL dude
Unlike the oompah loompah doopity doo!"

*they somersault away carrying Spicer*
"DOOPITY DOO!"

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Casimir Radon posted:

I did Flynn

"What do you do when 9/11 brokeded your BRAIN!
Now, General you're completely in-SANE!
Surely now you've become Nazi SCUM!
Now Putin's dick is 10 feet up your BUM!
And he's about to CUM CUM CUM!!
At least he boughtyou dinner first!

Oompah loompah doopity dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me
Confess your crimes and put Donnie in JAIL!
Anything else you do will certainly FAIL!
Unlike the oompah loompah doopity doo!"

Not happy with the ending yet

This is way better than the one I created in my brain

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Spicy must be laughing his rear end off at The Mooch right now.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I've been researching the rules surrounding transgender people in the military.

As it's been already stated here, any person who is already trans is required to have fully undergone their transition and remained stable emotionally, socially, physically, etc. in their gender for 18 months.

For people who are already in the military and want to change their gender, it looks prohibitively difficult to do so. To change their gender in the DEERS system they have to:
1) Get permission from a military doctor stating that their gender reassignment is medically necessary.
2) Pass this information up and down their chain of command and get it approved.
3) Form & execute a structured, specific, time-sensitive plan with a military doctor to change their gender.
4) Get the all-clear that their gender has been changed by a military doctor, which allows them to change their gender in DEERS, which allows them the coveted position of using a new set of bathrooms.

Citation:
https://www.army.mil/e2/c/downloads/453704.pdf

Sergg fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 28, 2017

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

It just seems to me that they already had this issue dealt with pretty rationally. This is usually where I posit that there should also be more extensive screening for individuals seeking out gender reassignment surgery to rule out undiagnosed disorders on the schizoid spectrum, so we're not throwing the wrong pills at the wrong medical problem. Had a trans MtF patient who also believed she was a psychic vampire and that fairies are real. Their twin brother has a schizophrenia diagnosis. Couple of European studies indicating that 15%ish of transgender people have an undiagnosed schizoid disorder, concluding that we need better screening.

BUT... most of the scientific research into transgender people shows that there are, on average, structural differences in their brains that lead them to being such. In particular, male-to-female trans people had brains that were "feminized" even before they began medical treatment or hormones. The structural differences were much less profound in female-to-male trans people, sometimes not even being present, which would account for the higher visibility of MtF trans people as there are more of them, and the stronger trend of women simply identifying as "non-binary" rather than as male.

Genetic studies show that MtF trans people have a longer androgen receptor gene, causing testosterone to not bind as well, which causes incomplete masculinization of the brain. Twin studies show that identical twins had transgender confluence at 33% versus 2.6% for fraternal twins.

To me, it appears that regardless of the source, this is an issue of biology.

EDIT: Guess I'll cite my sources here:
Diamond, Milton (May 2013). "Transsexuality Among Twins: Identity Concordance, Transition, Rearing, and Orientation". International Journal of Transgenderism.

Bentz, E; Hefler, L; Kaufmann, U; Huber, J; Kolbus, A; Tempfer, C (2008). "A polymorphism of the CYP17 gene related to sex steroid metabolism is associated with female-to-male but not male-to-female transsexualism". Fertility and Sterility. 90 (1): 56–9

Luk Gijs, Ellis van der Putten-Bierman, Griet De Cuypere (2013) "Psychiatric Comorbidity in Adults with Gender Identity Problems". Gender Dysphoria and Disorders of Sex Development pp 255-276

Sergg fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jul 28, 2017

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

I just wanted to explain some of the biological science behind it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

They're auctioning off a drawing of the New York City skyline that Trump made for charity in 2005. Starting bid is $9,000

EDIT: Sold for $11,979

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

McCain likes Presidents who weren't captured by Putin.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Venezuelan government laughably claiming that 8 million people voted in their "let's write a new Constitution because I'm polling at 15% right now" election. The new Constituent Assembly will be comprised of super-gerrymandered districts, probably all of them from the ruling party because everyone else boycotted it, and 1/3 are appointed by the government. Basically all of them are PSUV stooges who are going to make Venezuela's illiterate bus driving high school dropout President a de jure dictator instead just a de facto dictator.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

orange juche posted:

new Speed screenplay is whack

*President Maduro frantically driving the bus*

"Try to keep inflation under 500%!!"

*inflato-meter shows 1000%*

Dennis Hopper: "Pop quiz, hotshot! What's-"

Maduro: "LOL I didn't graduate high school."

*country explodes*

Sergg fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jul 31, 2017

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

*Oompa loompas enter the room and wrap a microphone around Scaramucci*

Oompa loompa doopity doo
I've got another puzzle for you
Oompa loompa doopity dah
If you are smart don't suck your own cock

What do you get when you call up the PRESS?
The headlines are full of your horrified MESS!
Delusional mega-lo-maniAC!
What do you think will Come. Of. That?
Divorce. Papers. From. Your. Wife!

Oompa loompa doopity doh
Don't call the news and swear up a storm
Be employed for more than ten days
Like the Oompa Loompa doopity stay!

*somersaults over him*

DOOPITY DOO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

suboptimal posted:

So yeah, I've posted about this before, but this took place just north of my old neighborhood in DC (I've since moved to another one). What gets frequently left out of the right-wing conspiracy narrative is that there was a big public works project going on in that neighborhood that left many of the streetlights inoperable while construction was under way, and all of the fenced off areas and construction equipment made numerous hiding spaces for someone who would want to stick up people coming home from the bars at closing time. There were like four or five armed robberies that took place in the preceding weeks within blocks of Rich's murder, all of which fit a similar pattern.

The other big hole in the conspiracy theory is that the "hit team" didn't take any of Rich's items, therefore they were professionals trying to make it look like an armed robbery. If that were the case, wouldn't it have made more sense to actually take his stuff and dispose of it elsewhere so the hit actually looked like a robbery?

It's totally loving dumb.

They also mangled his watch trying to get it off him

• Locked thread