Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

TheWeedNumber posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

TheWeedNumber posted:

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

im not drunk enough

also holy poo poo maybe i shouldn't binge french 75s cause this lemon juice acidity is getting to me

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Broke out the 100 proof EW to celebrate The Mattering.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

my dude

cheers

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I am not busting out the champagne, but I have budgeted for it's purchase. Cheersing with a Perpetual.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
Just a lacroix for now. I’ll break out the scotch when he takes the walk

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm sampling a new to me rye: Bodega Cat. Weighing in at 95 proof

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I never drink spirits, but i got a goon guest gift the other day and i feel like i could break it open this weekend for the occasion.

Sould probably ask the guy how to drink it properly so i can do it justice (and pretend to be a refined man of class and change)

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I never drink spirits, but i got a goon guest gift the other day and i feel like i could break it open this weekend for the occasion.

Sould probably ask the guy how to drink it properly so i can do it justice (and pretend to be a refined man of class and change)

A solid Irish whiskey. Try it straight, in a tumbler/rocks glass. Then, add a few drops of water and try again. If you are still unsure, add ice (preferably a single, large piece).

Remember to smell the spirit a few times before tasting. You shouldn't get the "burn" in your nose. That will help you taste the flavor, not the "sharpness" of the alcohol.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
I need a new cocktail for getting turbo hosed up cause the 75 failed me today.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

TheWeedNumber posted:

I need a new cocktail for getting turbo hosed up cause the 75 failed me today.

Try a whiskey Italian:

It's a whiskey sour, but instead of sour mix, or if you're good at cocktails, your lemon juice and gomme syrup or simple syrup, you use an appropriate measure of Limoncello. Serve on the rocks and let dilute before drinking. It will gently caress you up.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

A.o.D. posted:

Try a whiskey Italian:

It's a whiskey sour, but instead of sour mix, or if you're good at cocktails, your lemon juice and gomme syrup or simple syrup, you use an appropriate measure of Limoncello. Serve on the rocks and let dilute before drinking. It will gently caress you up.

Bet

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Old Fashioneds stuck around for a reason.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
wow how did i not get probed? did i sleep through one?

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I mean, it is the drunk thread

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

ASAPI posted:

I'm sampling a new to me rye: Bodega Cat. Weighing in at 95 proof

If you're into rye, my favorite booze for a few years now is make called Rittenhouse, a bottled-in-bond 100 proof rye that you can usually get in the mid $20s

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

US Berder Patrol posted:

If you're into rye, my favorite booze for a few years now is make called Rittenhouse, a bottled-in-bond 100 proof rye that you can usually get in the mid $20s

Very agreed. Makes a bad rear end old-fashioned.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I mean, it is the drunk thread

I was kinda wildn across forums tho

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

US Berder Patrol posted:

I am well acquainted with Rittenhouse Rye. I tend to randomly grab bottles under a certain price point that look/sound interesting.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
Watching Creed III because the trailer was great and oh my god this movie is so loving bad.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
cracked a bottle of 2018 French wine I found in my cupboard that I forgot I had, it's tray bee end or whatever

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
https://www.5150madworld.com/

I have two of these to burn down to get me through tonight as i enter sad fuckboi hours

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

TheWeedNumber posted:

https://www.5150madworld.com/

I have two of these to burn down to get me through tonight as i enter sad fuckboi hours

I don't even understand what those numbers mean, but that loving thing would probably detach me from reality forever, goddrat

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I don't even understand what those numbers mean, but that loving thing would probably detach me from reality forever, goddrat

The only number that mattered was 85% THC.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

TheWeedNumber posted:

Hall of fame Username/Post Combo.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

TheWeedNumber posted:

The only terp that matters I always say

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
Drunk as poo poo right now on some good cider

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Stay Happy Drink Water in the Morning.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

stinkypete posted:

Stay Happy Drink Water in the Morning.

Also order a glass of water along with your drinks. It stretches them out and dulls the hangover you just discovered you get because you're middle aged now.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
Idk if this is apocryphal or not but apparently during Covid kids would mix alcohol like vodka and water plus hydration packs all mixed together. It was supposed to be a 100% guarantee of no hangover.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Bored As gently caress posted:

Idk if this is apocryphal or not but apparently during Covid kids would mix alcohol like vodka and water plus hydration packs all mixed together. It was supposed to be a 100% guarantee of no hangover.

No that was happening for some reason, I’m p sure.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

TheWeedNumber posted:

No that was happening for some reason, I’m p sure.

BORG

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/whats-a-borg-college-drinking-trend-explained/

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....

Bored As gently caress posted:

So they rediscovered the 'tucker max death mix' from the early 2000s? Vodka, red bull, and Gatorade. In a CamelBak. Ugh.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Apparently my dad's treatments haven't been going great, so if this next set of treatments fails, he'll probably be gone in under three months. I feel kind of broken in not really feeling anything. Like he's 78 and lived a good life, at least he's got this rather than dying young. I don't know.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Apparently my dad's treatments haven't been going great, so if this next set of treatments fails, he'll probably be gone in under three months. I feel kind of broken in not really feeling anything. Like he's 78 and lived a good life, at least he's got this rather than dying young. I don't know.

It's ok to feel what you feel about it. I don't think you are required to grieve your father's dying and death with any specific emotion dictated by anyone else.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Grief doesn't follow logical cause -> effect rules. It's a human coping mechanism, and we're a weird collection of processes. Anyone that tells you you're acting/feeling inappropriately doesn't get it.

A lot of times it hits like a Mack truck at a weird, unexplainable later time.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Tiny posted:

So they rediscovered the 'tucker max death mix' from the early 2000s? Vodka, red bull, and Gatorade. In a CamelBak. Ugh.

:hmmyes: this got me through some long and lovely humps

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

I guess part of it too is seeing people die or knowing people killing themselves at a young age, it's at least good to die in your late 70s at home rather than dying overseas somewhere. Thanks for letting me ramble on.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

GD_American posted:

Grief doesn't follow logical cause -> effect rules. It's a human coping mechanism, and we're a weird collection of processes. Anyone that tells you you're acting/feeling inappropriately doesn't get it.

A lot of times it hits like a Mack truck at a weird, unexplainable later time.

yuuuuup

burst into full blown ugly crying mode at my buddys moms funeral a couple year after my dad died.

he felt like poo poo because he was still in shock from it all and wasnt crying, i told him just give it time, he'll make up for it later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I guess part of it too is seeing people die or knowing people killing themselves at a young age, it's at least good to die in your late 70s at home rather than dying overseas somewhere. Thanks for letting me ramble on.

To your hearts content. Pretty sure I think we'd all agree the absolute worse thing would be to internalize it.