Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Aurubin posted:

Hope the first person she revives gives her a hug. : /

Eej posted:

So far she is only just cute and I hope it stays that way Boichi!!

I would bet no on these. So far, I am 1/2 correct.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Stanley was the driving force behind the militia and he admitted defeat as the wave hit, so I don't think they have anything to worry about.

So far, the pattern has been that enemies revived from stone become friendly towards the main cast without much of a fuss. Unless Boichi has a good story twist in mind or a novel scientific concept to entertain, I feel like the plot should head for the moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

mabels big day posted:

I thought the cold sleep was a little too convenient. I wonder if things are going to get bloodier with death being just a suggestion now

I would assume so. At the end of the last arc, there was a bunch of character deaths; if Medusa was not going to go off, that would have been a subversion. Nonetheless, depending on if there is going to be time skip back to base, I would assume the next arc does not give them immediate access to Medusa.

Also, I thought the revival thing was obvious from the beginning when Senku basically died. (Then again, this is anime, so how fast humans can die are specific to anime rules.)

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
An interesting way to end the story, though they seem to be avoiding the question of what happens with time travel i.e. they are saving lives in the past but they are also destroying the lives that were created from this timeline.

SKULL.GIF posted:

From Chapter 1. Look at third panel leftmost balloon.

What happened on March 6th, 2017?

I guess this is what you call a character arc /s

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
As far as I know, there has not been any announcement of a serialized sequel or spinoff, but it would be funny if 20 years from now, for the nostalgia, Dr. Stone returns as a Sci-Fi anime/manga spinoff where their offspring have terraformed the multiple planets.

Nonetheless, the author has yet to draw a room for those two, but continues to tease it nonetheless.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Once again, they tease at Senku's relations.