Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Len posted:

Has anyone bothered to decipher the ars paradoxica number station messages? I'm going back through since I forgot what was going on and there's an episode that says they're a code giving more plot but I am bad at ARG things so gently caress doing it myself

This link has the solutions for up to episode 20, plus the way to solve blue, red, and green codes that you can run through this site. I don't think there's much they add, but there we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Are we still doing recommendations here? I stumbled across a short series (though they’re gearing up for season 2) called Unplaced, which from the first episode, I admit I was ready to write off, but it somehow stuck with me. It’s the story of a woman who wakes up one day to find that no one can see or hear her, and everyone she knows is slowly forgetting about her. Good use of a single narrator.

If I’m being fair, I’d give it a 3.5/5.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
I use Overcast, personally. Miles better than the iOS Podcasts app.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Qwerpline was going to be fully animated, until the animation was holding up the release, so they decided to just release them as they had been to get them out there, and hopefully lessons were learned.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Slamhound posted:

That's interesting. My first instinct would be that animation is unnecessary, but I've been watching Sealab lately and I could imagine it being somewhat similar.

You can be the judge: https://youtu.be/1GM_SQ5GZVI

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Len posted:

Why haven't you guys said anything about the Wolf359 crew dropping a new anthology series? It's 7 episodes and all posted.im starting it now so I have no impressions to give

I’m about halfway through it, and I’m really liking it so far. Episode 2 has been my favourite, but there’s still a couple to get through. Be interesting to see if they do anything more with it.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Len posted:

It's like how Cecil from Welcome to Night Vale has a third eye. gently caress it why not?

As long as there’s no canonical reason not to do something, sure. Then you have Wolf 359 fan artists giving Hilbert hair.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Update: Having finished the series (being just 7 episodes for those curious), I reiterate my previous opinion of “really liking it” and interested to see if they follow it with anything. Episode 2 is still my favourite, though Episode 6 is a strong second.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
You could try The Far Meridian and/or Unplaced.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

New Leaf posted:

This might my own ignorance bleeding through.. How can Johnny be both asexual and bisexual?

Haven’t heard the show, but maybe asexual and biromantic would be more applicable?

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

HIJK posted:

It really is a shame about The Black Tapes, Tanis, etc. I still go back and listen to the first seasons of those shows all the time. I haven't found anything that scratches the itch for a single narrator, strange ephemera, and a scary plot lurking in the background.

That’s what I liked about Night Vale (plus or minus the scary plot), but they kept ratcheting up the “strange” factor until it got too excessive. Well, for me anyway.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
I wonder how well the exclusive, paid feed worked out if The Bright Sessions is moving the AM Archives over to the free feed?

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
This will probably be old news for pretty much everyone, I suspect, but just in case: https://twitter.com/eeveeEnthusiast/status/1377632300066873350

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Just heard about a show called Less Is Morgue, which sounds interesting, but was curious if anyone’s had any experience with it.
And honestly, I’m a little paranoid it doesn’t belong in the thread, but people keep telling me to “just post”.

For people who weren’t aware, here’s the show description:

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
https://twitter.com/alexyquest/status/1475955644356345861

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Wangsucker 69 posted:

Hey folks, I found a podcast Ive really been enjoying. It’s technically an actual play of some RPG system I’ve never played but it’s not a lot of rolling and some excellent characters and other worldly creatures and stuff. Gives me a serial vibe and could fit in with the popular supernatural serials commonly enjoyed here.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/beyond-the-map-a-world-of-darkness-series/id1591559508

The first season was fine enough as background noise during work but the second and third season REALLY drew me in with strong main characters and interesting alternative history. Give it a listen, might say start with the second season.

Sanspants Radio do a lot of fun stuff. Beyond The Map and D&D Is For Nerds are the ones that fit the most for this thread (but as Actual Plays, it’s a bit of a stretch), but they’re also known for Plumbing The Death Star, which takes random questions about pop culture and attempts to answer them in a comedic fashion.
(I say attempt for the “answer the question” part, but fully accept that comedy is subjective.)

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
It’s not exactly “new”, but it’s been on my backlog since release, and I’ve only just gotten around to it: Brimstone Valley Mall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Qwerpline is back for Season 3: https://youtu.be/7PLQqaoSkN8