Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rabbits - When Carly Parker’s friend Yumiko goes missing under very mysterious circumstances, Carly’s search for her friend leads her headfirst into a ancient mysterious game known only as Rabbits. Soon Carly begins to suspect that Rabbits is much more than just a game, and that the key to understanding Rabbits, might be the key to the survival of our species, and the Universe, as we know it. Look, if you like Tanis, and you like the Blacktapes, and you don't mind that they almost never wrap anything up, you're probably going to find more of the same here. This one's about the same quality as the other 2 honestly, and it's a 3/5. There's better stuff to listen too, but if your backlog is empty, or you want to try something different, I'd throw one at Rabbits and see what you like.

If you don't like my take, USA Today did an article on it. https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2017/03/19/podcast-rabbits-tanis/99357196/

Also the Black Tapes, Tanis, and Rabbits all expect you to binge it in one go, or keep a journal, you will not get any reminders who anyone is, and it's up to you to care. I stopped with it pretty quickly.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jul 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LordZoric posted:

I'm trying to think of who they could cast to really capture Nick's chronic habits of stumbling into dangerous situations and being really slow on the uptake.

Seth Green.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Magnus Archives is becoming a rom-com though.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Len posted:

Yeah at no point in there does it say shallow though?

Whoa man, don't get anti-semitic too.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jurgan posted:

No, you can't do that, the stories are so disturbing that they can't be recorded digitally. I kind of hated that plot twist- it seems so silly.

I don't think something mentioned in the first couple of episodes is a plot twist.

Literally, Episode 1 while he's explaining the premise:

Jonathan Simms, Head Archivist of the Magnus Institute posted:

I plan to digitise the files as much as possible and record audio versions, though some will have to be on tape recorder as my attempts to get them on my laptop have met with... significant audio distortions.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Sep 20, 2017

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love it so much.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cptn_dr posted:

It's me, I'm the target audience. I love the convoluted meta plot. I love seeing it all tie together into one massive messy whole. Because the horror is still there, and I'm more than happy to sacrifice the occasional episode on the altar of plot. Because every other week is still a great little horror story.

I'm just super into interconnected stuff like all of this tbh.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He said he had 5 seasons planned, this was season what? 4?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can we tlak about archive 81 season 2 because what the fuuuuuck??

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know why I bounced off King's Falls around episode 50, or Welcome to Nightvale around 125, but now I want something different and good. Archive 81, and Magnus are amazing.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Am I the only one who misses EOS10?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Archive 81 is my favorite piece of fiction, and when people ask me about my favorite movie or other thing im going to obnoxiously talk about archive 81.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its most likely an arg

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate how much I love King's Falls AM.

e: I love them so much.

e2 and archive 81

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you sign up to EOS10's patreon you won't get access to the podcast in January, I don't like that, but I guess I get it, I guess they always wanted to sell a product so this way they get to do that, but it's just feels different than every other patreon so it feels like grift instead of artists just trying to get paid for their work.

I don't think I will be supporting them on Patreon if they start charging me for their service, since I already paid for the product they're selling.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Len posted:

Has anyone checked out this First Mrs Claus podcast? The No Sleep podcast had episode 1 in the feed and it's certainly a thing. Santa is actually a stingy Jewish man obsessed with money named Ari.

Hmmm it's almost like Nutting good comes from reddit except for alt right hate pieces.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He needs to hire someone else to finish all of his good ideas, or stop picking up shows that don't have an end already written.

e: There's not a single NVP show that ended like... Satisfyingly. It's like they only make shows that you experience until you lose interest. It's very good that way for the kinds of people who like that forever content.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Magnus Archives is so good.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not every pod cast can be Wolf 359 or MA or archive 81

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hughlander posted:

What was the future noir podcast that took place on a colony? It was around people tracking a terrorist in a new years bombing. I lost track of it. only it wasn't a colony it was a VR on a breaking down sleeper ship that lost contact with the AI running the rest of the ship and the people didn't know they were stuck in VR.

Added more so people wouldn't think I was talking about Penumbra and read the spoiler.

Edict Zero

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Archive 81 coming back, or are they working on another project?

If I listened to and am caught up on Lime Town, Stella Firma, Archive 81, Magnus Archives, The Bright Sessions, Welcome to Nightvale, The Orbiting Human Circus, Alice isn't Dead, Between the wires, Wolf 359, EOS10, Edict Zero FIS and Kakos Industries(don't judge me.) What else would you recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can be asexual without being aromantic. My fiance is asexual.