Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

MGS5 was my first metal gear as well as my last. I don't really like stealth games but I respect them.

seeing synthy and the hypothetical AI art medieval dating sim dev supporter guy bond has made me rethink my past actions. on behalf of the imp zone, I apologize to all lurkers. .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Play Ghost Babel.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

someone legit posted that in the games beat thread a while back

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017

Seventh Arrow posted:

you can 'ship' yourself from any place that has a platform for it, thus giving you a free teleport to another outpost

wait WHAT

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This thread has the only good lurkers in the entire universe.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

they're godly

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

lmfao. goldmine

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Wormskull posted:

good lurkers are the lifeblood of a forum

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

lol new type of guy discovered. gamer who has to be convinced to try metal gear solid

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Seventh Arrow heel turn

Sub-Actuality posted:

genuinely excited for seventh arrow to experience more mgs games. you're going to loving love them dude

Wow, I missed a lot overnight! What a ride though, hahaha :D MGS5 is a good one though. My only criticism is that they didn't have Hayter voice Snake in Ground Zeroes

But yeah SA, you seriously need to give the others a look - you owe it to yourself! If I've gotta cut down the main series to the absolute bare minimum though, try out MGS3 - of course followed by MGS1, in order to find out what happens to Ocelot and co. At this point you're of course required to try out MGS2 as you can't have MGS1 without MGS2 - especially with loose ends like Ocelot and co. Then because you've gotten this far (again, this is purely the bare minimum here) you'll need to try MGS4 to find out what happens to Ocelot and co.
After this, if you still want more, you're entirely welcome to try out the spin-offs and original Metal Gear games, if you want more than the cut-down experience. :D

Also, lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
MGS3 is so good, though. I really need to get it on Steam and play through it again - it's been years

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

absolutely this

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Major Isoor posted:

MGS3 is so good, though. I really need to get it on Steam and play through it again - it's been years

Are those ports any good? I thought I heard that emulating with the graphics tweaks was a better experience these days.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

Are those ports any good? I thought I heard that emulating with the graphics tweaks was a better experience these days.

Yeah, I've heard the same thing, so it's hard to say. I'm holding off for now to see if some of the issues people have had with it are improved, but either way I'm sure I'll get it eventually. Hopefully the Metal Gear Triangle remake of it is good, whenever that comes out

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Fungah! posted:

lmfao. goldmine

Wormskull posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i've still never played mgs 2/3 without pressure sensitive buttons and at this point i'm afraid to