Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Have your experiences influenced your opinion of fetishists in general and furries specifically?

I once read about someone in your position coming to hate both themselves and art - did you experience anything like that?

Did the subject matter you drew play a role in you quitting, or was it entirely because of health issues? Would you still do fetish and/or non-fetish commissions if it weren't for those issues?

What advice do you have for people who do fetish commissions purely for money? And if that advice is 'don't', what do you think of those who do?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jul 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Sociopastry posted:

I don't hate myself or my art- at least, not because of my previous work. I did come to dislike people in general there for a while, and I had a long period of time where I'd side-eye people and wonder if they were one of the people that wanted me to draw cockvore or whatever.

How did this affect your life? Did getting over it coincide with quitting, or did it happen earlier/later?

Have you communicated with any other fetish artists who do/did it for the money, anbd if so, how did they tend to be affected?

What advice do you have for anyone in your position who ends up feeling like you did?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jul 9, 2017

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Would you say that accepting commissions of almost any fetish - thus having a blacklist instead of a whitelist, or at least not just saying 'I reserve the right to turn down anything I'm not comfortable with' - is something literally no fetish commission artist should ever do?

What do you think of people who hate furries, and the widespread stigma around furries?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jul 10, 2017

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Have you ever heard of any artists giving up art in general for any amount of time, including for good, after doing fetish commissions for the money? Or having their lives affected even beyond that?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Are fetish commissions something nobody should ever do solely for money?

If an artist who took fetish commissions burnt out but then started hating furries and/or fetishists and railing against them, what would you think of them?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Oct 5, 2017

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What advice do you have for people who do fetish art commissions? What kinds of people should do them, and what should people ask themselves before they start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

I'd actually just thought of the risk of doxxing or otherwise being discovered. Have there been any cases of fetish commission artists being found out by friends, family, significant others and/or potential employers?

• Locked thread