Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Kurtofan posted:

I feel bad for Pearl's hosed up teeth

WarpedNaba posted:

I don't think anyone has teeth in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

eonwe posted:

are t here people okay with carrying me as dead weight

Don't bring me down, Bruuuce.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

No, only if you want to talk to goons while you play.

I plan on spamming "booyah!"

I will also spam "booyah!" But it will be with my voice over chat.
And also woomy.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Oh, I know this one, it's millennials right?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

WarpedNaba posted:

A'ight, so my little brothers managed to get a Merit and an Excellence on their mid-terms. Guess what I'm buying them.

Pearl amiibo for merit.
Marina amiibo for excellence.

deadly_pudding posted:

I didn't have the patience to be an ambush hunter lol

The reason you were bad at it may have been because you misunderstood the weapon?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

chaleski posted:

What the gently caress

Oh, yeah, that's the stuff. Time to saddle up for the best part of the Splatoon thread. Splatfest shade throwing.

Ice cream is an inferior dessert because it causes ice cream headaches. It also melts. It's reliance on temperature is it's downfall.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

bad cake is way worse than bad ice cream, but good cake is way better than good ice cream

It's all about risk versus reward. Cake is just good game design.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Lakbay posted:

Going to try divided joy cons for the US splatfest

The motion is all in the Joycon R.

It's my favorite setup.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Scholtz posted:

I VA'd the titular line in Splatoon 2's single player campaign.

"Ah, boy, I'm just so tired of all this traffic. I just can't wait until I get Splatoon 2."

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

In penance for choosing the wrong team, cake, I consumed a Klondike bar after the results were revealed.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

Nah, people who have the game can play online. One of my friends who's an "influencer" has been playing for 2 weeks the jammy oval office

Imagine being able to play the game two weeks early, but you can only play against "influencers".

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Zelder posted:

TLDR; Yes, I am very salty about the personality changes.

I think that this is a valid concern, because so far they come off like a rehashed Callie and Marie. I don't think that the senpai dynamic will be easily understandable to an English audience, but I am hoping that the character voices become more unique as they get more dialogue.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

I like Marina's light up shorts

I couldn't tell if Pearl had this too, but I think her skirt is just sort of reflective.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Rexroom posted:

I'm carefully optimistic the British English Pearl and Marina will be more... British in their behaviour.

Keep a stiff upper beak, old squid.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Deltron 3030 posted:

Having to gain levels feels like the result of Nintendo just throwing in a deliberate RPG-like element into the game experience in order to extend playtime.

I'm looking forward to this reviewer being dumped on by Call of Duty fans.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cnUseypM-A

This version of Port Mackerel looks so much better it's crazy.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

The app is on stores. It doesn't do anything without the game but it's there.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Zelder posted:

Why do you post like a super snooty 13 year old

Just trying to emulate best squid, Pearl.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Night Blade posted:

My old friend to blaster comes at level 5, and he's just as I remember him.

I'm sorry, Sheldon. What is this?
Is this a bunch of coffee cans that you tied together with duct tape?
Did you just try to sell me literal garbage?
Why would I want this, do you think I'm a dog or a goat? I want garbage, is that what you think?

I said Luna Blaster!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Okay so what the heck is going on with the XP from turf war. I know I won't care about this once I hit 10 but it seems to be:

Time Bonus from ranked even though you can't get eliminated in Turf War: 300 XP
Cover at least 400 ground: 500 XP
Win Bonus "+ 1000": 600 XP

Why do none of these numbers make sense?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Splat balloons still pretty worthless

Balloons are for kill confirms.

Only they realized that kill confirms were insanely good, and removed balloons from all weapons that you could kill confirm on in Splatoon 2. (I assume?)

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Lakbay posted:

I'm bad and my bar has started cracking :(

The game came out a day ago, so you're probably getting schooled by people who reached level 10 but haven't had time to get up to A or S rank yet. Things will cool down.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

JackDarko posted:

We need to have a serious discussion about what the strongest color of ink is. It's lime green by the way.

I've been getting a lot of lemonade vs pink lemonade matches, which I like.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

Best ink colour is orange, worst ink combo in games is darkish blue/pink because I'm just colourblind enough that I can't tell them apart at a glance

There's an option in the settings to lock the current colors in, if you have to.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I got an entire letter rank higher scrimming with my boys than solo queueing though.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Someone tell me how to play with a brush as a weapon.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

Using the brush as a weapon means showing up at an angle that the enemy doesn't expect because you can move at really good speeds in enemy ink. Add to that the fact that you're going to win a fight if you come within stabbing distance of your target. So, ideally you'll want to come at unsuspecting targets from the side or back without them knowing. you're pretty fragile though, and if they see you coming, you might want to change strategy. Fortunately, you are also the best at escaping harrowing situations since you can run on enemy ink if you have enough ink yourself. The key is knowing when you should live to splat another day and fall back. That said, if you get really good at zigzagging, you might be able to close in on your target and spat him anyway if he's spotted you but is alone.

Great.

What game modes are most suited to the brush, and what is the best way to paint vertically to wall climb?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Mercury Crusader posted:

This is the story behind the most incredible series of murders to ever occur in the city of Seattle, Washington. You never read about them in your local newspapers or heard about them on your local radio or television station. Why? Because the facts were watered down, torn apart, and reassembled...in a word, falsified.

This is the closest I could recreate the outfit of a character from a 1970s TV series that nobody in 2017 knows or cares for.

Wrong. What kind of shoes would Kolchak wear though?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

jetpackhewy posted:

I understand the Switch app is not all that great, it may have sync issues, but it says that I only cleared up to Sector 2 of singleplayer when I have actually beaten all levels and collected all scrolls and sardinium. This is opposed to my multiplayer stats which appear to be properly synced.
It's a rather insignificant thing, but is anyone else having this issue?

It syncs up multiplayer because you're always online, but I have no idea how often it checks single player. Definitely at least one world behind my actual location.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Fauxtool posted:

As a lvl 1 I had to try 8 times to get a game going. People kept dropping right before it was full. Are they leaving because they don't want to risk having an utter newbie on their team?

No, the match maker gets extra confused with level 1 players because it hasn't created a skill profile for you yet and it's desperately searching for one other level 1 to put on the opposite team.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Okay, which one of these does "There haven't been very many people for awhile," mean?

A) Someone dropped during the game, so we aren't going to penalize you.
B) You've lost so many times in a row that the match maker broke.
C) Oh god, there's no one at A or S, we need to rank people up before our best players quit!

Because I still can't parse that sentence.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I never, ever imagined that I would be :yeah:ing the Kurt Eichenwald quote. Thanks Nintendo.

Anyway, those grind rails in Moray Towers are so good, and I'm really happy with the placement of the two zones. I sort of wish the other levels had two zones as well.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Holey moley, there's a super devious corner jump in Sturgeon Shipyard that you could use to run the rainmaker to the goal even if the side gate is up.

Actually I came here to :spergin: that the side gate is down every minute from 12 sec to 56 sec.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Also while I'm sure this is obvious to most of you, if you jump to the tree in Inkblot Art Acedemy you can easily make your way back to the opponent's spawn (excepting the final ledge) in turf war.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Nintendo unlocked this door with the key of imagination.
Beyond it lies another dimension.
A dimension of ink, a dimension of splats, a dimension of woomy.
You've just crossed over into...
Shifty Station? That's a terrible name!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

hey welcome to the show! posted:

I love when people say the sloshers are close ranged weapons.

They have the same range as the repeater and dualies

They're actually longer range than the dualies (by about 5), if you're aiming at the correct angle.

They're pretty bad at short range because the main 'hit' of the weapon is a small sphere just like the blaster.

(Maybe 'people' mean the trislosher which is much shorter range?)

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 1, 2017

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Lakbay posted:

Is there actually a bonus for staying in matchmaking after a win? Besides not having to deal with the billion loading screens

It is more likely to keep you together with anyone else who stays in matchmaking

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

What is the optimum roller for carrying on rainmaker? I really like the splat roller, but I think carbon or octobrush might be better?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fO1YFLMNKo

This taught me something valuable about the slosher, which is that there's damage dropoff if you're above the target.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

lelandjs posted:

I know, I know, if you're stuck in C- you deserve to be there. Only having a few hours to play video games a day makes for some slow progress.

I feel this. Throw me as many defeats as you want Splatoon 2, but please wait until after I unlock League. Hey five rainmaker wins in a row, because I actually know how rainmaker plays and memorize maps! Goes up to C. And now I'm out of playtime.

E: Well I switched to roller on rainmaker because it completely destroys people in C, so maybe this next rank up will skip C+. Fingers crossed.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

no really just use any gun that shoots moderately far. i play trislosher and they're the bane of my existence

Is trislosher a full line of range less than slosher?