Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

All I know is that I got this game less than a week ago, I'm level 15, and I got matched against people on the enemy team that had a star next to their level, which I think means they prestiged and are over level 100.

Which just seems...weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The answer is Cuddlefish. That is the best cephalopod.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Girl Power Station was awful. It's the only level I've lost money on so far with 60 mem cakes.

Took until I said 'gently caress it' and switched to the Heavy Splatling instead of using the roller before I managed it, possibly because I actually know how to use that weapon.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The splatfest is between squids and octopodes, and there is no contest there.

Inklings vs. Octolings would be harder.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Grizzco weapons won't help you if your entire team, you included, just runs directly into a griller because you're not paying attention.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

managed to clear hazard level max by like a millisecond

https://twitter.com/sebmal/status/1018606606467018752

I can appreciate your teammates attemptings at seabagging while dead.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah, those music videos seem about right.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Gotta say, I dunno if it's novelty or wanting to test out new stuff or whatever, but I am absolutely tired of Tenta Missles at this point. It seems like at least two people on every team have them, if not more, and I am forced to dodge them once every 30 seconds or so.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I got to Octo King with a literal 10-game loss streak, all against squids. I'm really surprised this is in doubt.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Sleng Teng posted:

Everyone starts with the same Splatfest power before they finish placements right? Or does level/rank boost your initial starting point? Didn’t figure it out during my first Splatfest last month

Starting splatfest power is based on your rank.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The important thing is that you can be an Octoling, as octopodes are superior to squids in every way.

And also the small fry little buddy was pretty cute.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I just want to see the hairstyles already.

Like, I'm probably going with Octopompadour? But maybe there's something even cooler.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Fuzzy tentacles are strange.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1517489097224617984?s=21&t=c1SFC245kKQG7S1cauRq-w

Oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo

Edit: they also announced that the Octo Expansion is now included with NSO+Expansion Pass

Man those perspective changes were very smooth.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

These furry enemies are weird and strange and I do not want them to be playable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Squidkids and octokids look cool.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Splatoon is a game about playing dressup with a lil cephalopod