Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

i have a job interview on friday but all i want to do is splatoon

Show your interviewer how fresh you are by handing them a joycon so you can splat together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

A lot of the old battle themes are actually in the game's code already, including the one you just linked. You can unlock them only to play in the music mini game from amiibo. I hope they patch them in to play during battle as well.

I also hope they bring back a lot of the old stages. I really miss Urchin Underpass, Walleye Warehouse and Saltspray Rig. Saltspray Rig would work perfectly for Salmon Run.

Yeah I'm really hoping they're planning on bringing back the old music to battles, maybe slowly through the regular updates. I miss my keyboard smashing. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdNTZOm0OXI

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Do we have info on what the brands tend to produce for abilities, or if that's even still a thing?

The page I have bookmarked is this: https://rankedboost.com/splatoon-2/abilities/
Seems consistent with what I've seen on the splatnet shop.

Related to that, I also have this page: http://www.gamepur.com/guide/27251-splatoon-2-all-gears.html

Lists all the normal abilities for every piece of gear for people like me who obsessively checks everything on Annie's shop to see if it's a good deal or not.

VibrantPareidolia fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 30, 2017

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Any ketchups want to team up against other ketchups?

SW-1651-3438-4706

Aus and US are on the same server so we can team up, right? My nickname is Kid.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Discord team needs a ketchup

Edit: make that two ketchups

VibrantPareidolia fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 5, 2017

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Like do I throw it above an enemy path that might be a little risky to ink myself?

You do that and hide so when an enemy comes to shoot it you pop out and splat them.

Also the sprinklers are considered the same as you inking turf, so your score and special bar will fill over time as well (until there's no more area to ink)

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
I dunno if this is common knowledge or what, but I made a discovery today:

https://twitter.com/scribbleskid/status/899298049427611648

I never realised the gloves had the same IKA logo as the shirt, just assumed it was a regular old houndstooth pattern, but I guess that makes a lot more sense.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
I like that Nogami is so committed to his 'Splatoon... 2!' thing that he's got a different pose for when he's being filmed from the waist up.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

JackDarko posted:

Does any kind soul have the Tony Kensa gear with Respawn punisher that you'd allow me to order off you? My FC is down below.

FC: 6442-6484-9316

I've got this one if you want?

https://twitter.com/ScribblesKid/status/900733818931363840

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

JackDarko posted:

Does any kind soul have the Tony Kensa gear with Respawn punisher that you'd allow me to order off you? My FC is down below.

FC: 6442-6484-9316

JackDarko, (and anyone else who wants it?) If you're still looking for this, I sent a friend request.

Name is Kid, FC: 0564-1481-3913

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Had some fun games with JohnDarko earlier and I somehow ended up on a team full of bucketheads.

It's turf war, what do you even need all that tenacity for!!

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Boy, it sure is annoying when I'm running up in front of the one carrying the rainmaker, shooting a straight path up the pedestal, and they decide to help me out by just shooting constantly in front of me instead of, yknow, SWIMMING

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Just had the most glorious sneaky KO in Sturgeon Shipyard Rainmaker. I died early but my team managed to splat the entire enemy team and everyone was basically preparing for defense when I caught up. I grab the rainmaker since it was open and nobody else seemed to want to and absolute bro Wakana immediately inks up the little block that lets you jump up to the enemy side path (the right side from the spawn)

I follow their lead and hop after them while the enemy rushes off in the opposite direction where the rest of our team is pushing forward and we grab the win with the enemy almost none the wiser.

Playing ranked with randoms can make you want to tear your hair out sometimes, but when you get that team synergy it is ohhhh so sweet

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

No, I mean like..they're level 30+. As in

Oh, no, I mean they're like, experience level 30+, compared to my level 10. So in a lot of instances even if I can manage to keep up skill-wise, they could have objectively better weapons than my entire team. Up until now things seemed totally normal but I legitimately don't want to play Splatfest anymore because all my games are me and my low-level team getting shitstomped by people who are leagues better than us

send help

I got that too initially (I'm lv25, was matched against lv50s) I went and played some salmon run for a bit and came back. It might just be that most of the higher levels are playing now, while more players are trickling in. Maybe just exit the lobby a few times if you keep getting them?

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Having just started ranking competitions any quick tips? Or is it just kill and try not to die? Is it better to ink turf and seek opponents or actively push the objective (keeping the tower etc?). I always go for the latter myself. I tend use run of the mill shooters because I'm a pretty lousy shot.

It depends on the situation, really. Sometimes nobody is pushing the objective so you can go do it, though it's not so good when most of your team is dead. Better not push unless your team is defending you/most of the other team has been splatted. Trying not to die is good, and if you manage to get to a safe zone your team can jump to you. Kills are always useful but don't be too focused on chasing a dude around the map and forget about the objective.

If your weapon isn't great for a 1v1 with the enemy then flanking around and covering turf is also good since you're making more space for your team to move around and you can sometimes catch enemies unaware when you come up behind them.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Should be noted that buying a new version of a gear you already have from splatnet will not give you chunks from the old one.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Comeback sounds sick and I was very sold on using it but after looking at the list of hats that can roll it I am no longer convinced I can make this compromise

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Im not sure I can part ways with my current freshness

I've got Comeback on the Jellyvader cap if you like?

EDIT: Realised I had the zekko hoodie too so I tried it out for fun

VibrantPareidolia fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Sep 11, 2017

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Gazes forlornly at my Galaxy Note 3 :negative:

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Managed to roll up some good abilities on my little engineer/PPE outfit, though I'd like to get full bomb defence on the helmet eventually. I've been having a pretty good run on splatzones just using the Jr. since inkstorms seem to help out a lot with taking back the zone.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Well, as long as everyone on the team is thinking 'I can still save us!!' and chucks a bomb/gets that last dot on the spawn then it might be that those four extra points combined really did give you the win.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Mutant Standard posted:

what are some good support kits? is respawn punisher worth considering?

Haven't been using respawn punisher too long, but I think it's worth trying out for a while to see if you like it. I mostly use dualie squelchers and while I do get a lot of kills/assists, I also die a lot because I'm getting into so many scraps, so it can be a bit hard to tell how effective I'm being, even if we do win.

Thinking about it, maybe respawn punisher with the Custom Jr would be a good match since I usually focus on inking for map control but still get quite a few kills via the bombs and inkstorm.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Hello, I'm called Glooga Dualies. I come with Ink Mines and Ink Jet. Why don't you join me this weekend for some hot gluing? No, wait...

Gonna stack a ton of main saver and dodge for dayyyysss

Maybe I'll actually learn how to use inkjet now too!

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Always nice to get socks since they wear out fairly fast compared to sweaters. And you can wear them all year round as a tacky fashion statement!

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Finally got to sit down and try Clam Blitz a while ago. I'm not sure what a good strategy is for this mode yet, but it's a lot of fun!
Had a ridiculous stalemate situation where both sides were basically playing turf war, picking up clams, getting splatted, repeat, for a good 3 minutes until someone on the other team finally took our barrier down and everyone suddenly got real aggressive about the objective.

I know it's rank C but I'm still pretty proud of this killcount

What happens if both teams never do anything, though? Does the game go into overtime until one of the barriers breaks? Or does it end and the winner gets decided by coinflip?

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
https://twitter.com/TheScribbleKid/status/946007136818970626
Teammates were competent, the squiffer suddenly couldn't aim, little puddles leading me to victory... I feel like there was some kinda planet-aligning poo poo going on in that match.

https://twitter.com/TheScribbleKid/status/946789515041038336
Still amazed I managed to splat that first guy, I was scraping the bottom of the ink tank there.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
https://twitter.com/TheScribbleKid/status/956598327885185024
Dunno what to make of squidbaggers sometimes. This guy got a few kills on me and he squidbagged every time, only to get splatted immediately after. Perhaps the (im)moral victory is too alluring a prize to resist.

Really wish the killcam went on a little longer cause that cut in from the roller was great

I really gotta learn how to use those things. I never know where to chuck em if I’m not just trying to make a path.

VibrantPareidolia fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 25, 2018

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
I'd like to see my inkling with white hair but I'd also like to play with teams and my friend list has 7 Eggs to just 1 Chicken so I'm torn

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Oh my god, Melody with the skull bandanna :shittypop: I'd vote her just for that

You need a Japanese version of Splatoon to play in their splatfests right? It's not enough just to have a JP account with my Aussie bought game?

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
https://twitter.com/sailroll/status/990597491136479232
I've been out of practice for like a month so I'm really feeling that second image... :negative:
Did okay in the last Splatfest but boy my ranked play is suffering.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
I change it up occasionally just to try out different hair/pants. Played the entire Splatfest as a boy and I got a friend request so I wonder if that person's gonna get confused if they see me again but as a girl.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Hello world, I'm your wild girl,
I'm your ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb!

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
On one hand I'm happy that some cuttlegear brand clothes can be bought/ordered normally now but on the other hand I recently hit level 50 and I'm a little disappointed you don't get a nice hat from Judd anymore, especially since I never got there in Splat1.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

completely forgot there was a single player, lmao

i’m sure it ultimately comes down to user preference just like always, but what sensitivities do y’all use for gyro and rstick?

I stuck close to the middle for ages, but started ticking it up over time and now I'm at 3 for motion controls and 5 for R-stick. I mostly main short range shooters (N-zap, SplattershotJr) and get into a lot of scrims, so being able to turn quickly has its advantages.

This is in TV mode with the pro controller, btw. I hardly ever play handheld, so I haven't fussed with those settings much.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Since they still don't even have a month for it, I wonder if Octo Expansion really is gonna be released on 8/8/18

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Introducing "Hotel New au Toro" (for now, anyway)

Not sure what localisation will go with, but Otoro is the super premium fatty cut of tuna used for sushi/sashimi. Perfect for a luxury hotel!

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

When I saw the dodging level on the Treehouse stream I thought "That's impossible, no one can do that" But now that I've actually got the game in my hands, yeah, that dodging level is impossible, no one can do it, anyone who claims they have is lying.

I think there is a little bit of luck involved in terms of where the balls bounce, but it really is mostly just trial and error to figure out a good strategy. Definitely spent waaay more on extra tries than I actually got rewarded for.

In the beginning with the three shooters I ended up walking in a slow-ish circle around starting from the left corner (getting the first power egg container along the way) and when the sniper showed up I stayed near the far end and just walked left and right, waiting a bit to lead their shots into the corners. Staying near the sides also means some of the bouncy projectiles will go off the stage.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Don't dodge wildly back-and-forth across the stage, just take a step and let them pass by you. It groups their shots much better and makes everything easier to evade when it starts getting more chaotic.

Also goddamn does CQ Cumber have an itchy trigger...finger? Tentacle?

Took damage, TEST FAILED! :commissar:

Wrong block, TEST FAILED! :commissar:

Touched ink, TEST FAILED! :commissar:

The ink of ten thousand dead Octolings is on his tentacles... :ohdear:

That rattled me so much the first time I saw it. I thought failure meant a gameover screen, not a killswitch!

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

b_d posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg6n5K3oPws&t=23s
I guess this is a medley.. I want a full version of the track that starts around 24s

Here's the full one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=000FArhf6sQ

And here's the version without the vocals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NgfqHXGq1o

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I feel like loving screaming.

I did the 8balls through the 7 gates challenge and it took like 15-20 minutes to get right. Watching a stream and I just found out there was a ink refill there the entire time :psyduck: Oh my gOD

Oh dear. Well at least you can say you didn't need it in the end, which is pretty cool! (guy)

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

raditts posted:

I don't understand this shifty station. Are you supposed to hit the targets to keep the enemy out? But they can still get in the sides, and all you really accomplish is cutting yourself off from half the map???

So far it seems like the strategy is to split into groups of two and treat both halves of the map as splat zones basically. Same as any map, keep track of where your team is so no one area gets overwhelmed. I like staying in the middle area since you can see anyone who's coming straight from spawn.

Hopefully, you roll up a team that understands this and doesn't just hole up in the end, leaving the entire middle unguarded!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
I got a mirror match on shifty and starting on the left side of the map was incredibly disorientating. It's a pretty straightforward map but I was bumbling around like I'd never seen the place before.

This has been my best Splatfest so far I think! Got to Pulp Queen with over 2100+ power, which I can never usually maintain. A lot of good teams/players that actually stuck around for once!

https://twitter.com/TheScribbleKid/status/1010754343337771009