Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

if u see me, flop on down and lets have a splatfest squid party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

gootuber looks kinda interesting. i used to use a splatterscope a lot but it got pretty tough when vsing a bad guy with a 3k with the same amount of skill cause theyd just zone you. its hard enough to close the distance without getting splatted but you had to hope the 3k either just used their charge or didnt see you when you finally popped out cause you yourself needed about a second and a half for a shot. the saved charge looks like itll shake things up for us aggressive snipers

im also liking the change to the stingray from the testfire, in a charger to charger duel the first squid to pop it would lose since the second would know where to fire straight off the bat, at least now with the wall hacks you know who to aim for first

on a splatfest note, one thing i missed a lot in tokyo were the little cake shops they had everywhere, we have a few in melbourne but ive never seen a place that sells montblancs :<<<

(bottom left, slurpssss)

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

yeah beside the gootuber the brella looks pretty neat too, cant wait

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Can't help with the Montblanc, but if you want some amaaazing cupcakes and general baked goods that prove Cake Supremacy, go check out a place in Ascot Vale called Mister Nice Guy's Bakeshop.
hey that looks pretty good, maybe ill buy a few the day before so i can snarf them down during the splatfest and leave crumbs all over my pro controller

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

I bought a console for one loving game and the promise that Metroid Prime 4 might exist a decade from now because I'm dumb as poo poo.

no worries friend, i bought a wii u just for splatoon 1 and a switch just for splatoon 2 so im double dumb

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

nuuuu pls no spoilers :<<<<

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

ive got my pro controller, esports monitor and ethernet dongle, watch me squid party 10ms faster than u

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

my gaming level is currently at scrub, i need some doritos stat

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

200ms ping rip splatfest

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

squid yea moray towers just came into rotation :>>>

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

this stored shot is kinda op, i can kite for days. maybe ill stick with the regular charger

also i like how its ouch instead of booyah if you get splatted

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

made it to cake queen

v

sometimes i do really good

v

sometimes i cant carry hard enough

but had fun times. see you all in a week

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Good rear end charger. I'm jealous.

us chargers gotta stick together, forget octarians were the real marginalised group here ;<<<<

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

i wish we could still wander around, i like it up here at night

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

i got one of my overwatch buddies to buy a switch and zelda, im totes an influencer, nintendo pls

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

lmao i was just playing hero mode on splatoon 1 for old times sake and just to enjoy the scenery when marie chimes in

DDDD:

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Jarogue posted:

Why did you need all those Power Egg?

ive also got 999999p inked on four weapons and 9999999 squid bux, i f'in love 9s

im not S+ 99 tho, my only regrets X<<<<

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yup, local midnight.

awwww man why on a work night

guess ill catch some z's early this evening so i can get a few hours in the morning before work

then an hour on the train

then pick up me amiibos

then ill hide in a conference room or something

i cant wait O_O

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

voice chat in overwatch has given me ptsd, give me squid warblings any day

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

ausgoons its up on the eshop gogogo

hurry, before i download it all and there wont be any left for anyone else

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

its downloaded

im diving in

woomy

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

got my switch

got my game

got my amiibos

now im gonna go 100% this thing and i aint comin back til i do

http://imgur.com/Ez8q3zk

happy splat weekend everyone

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

yea the rails definitely make it harder for a single charger to lock down the central area (source: me)

also i dont hate port mackerel anymore its nice and open now

e: ive spent an obscene amount of time in squid beatz, i love track 17 but its so hard to get gold on it on normal, forget the finger twister on hard

Smiles fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 22, 2017

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

You can't and it's the goddamn worst loving thing :(

I know I keep complaining (to counteract I will say I loving LOVE THIS GAME and I'm level 12 already and just played my first Salmon Run games while voice chatting with the app and it was a blast and I adore Splatoon 2 ughhhh) but it really is so disappointing. I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't be able to team up with your friends and go into turf war together. It's something every single goddamn person wanted.

i know its disappointing, but i feel its the right way to go about it because a team thats even remotely coordinated is going to stomp a team of randos. im still getting vietnam-style flashbacks from playing overwatch in quickplay as a master-level solo queuer against the 6-stack grandmaster death squad (aussie players you know which 6-stack it is, cod drat pepperpig)

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

i have bad news friends, i realized squid ddr (ika radio) gives little silver/gold squid medals based on if you hit every note and if you hit every note with perfect timing respectively

i don't think these medals do anything whatsoever but they're there and i love rhythm games, so it was nice knowing you all but i don't think you'll see my name in multiplayer again

ive spent an obscene amount of time in squid beatz, ive got silver in most everything but only gold in a few because my fingers get all twisty

this is all on normal though, my hands seize up on difficult and i start getting the bends

(the music in this game is so good)

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

do you also have a bunch of songs that aren't unlocked? wondering when they'll show up

yea 20-26 are locked and probably the splatfest songs, the ones 35 and above you unlock with the amiibos (splatoon 1 tracks and callie/marie solos)

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

senpai noticed me (>∀<)

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

coming from the kelp splatterscope, i love the stingray cause its like the pro version of the killer wail

just wish it had a sprinkler sub :<<<<

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

this is why i finished single player within 24 hours of downloading the game

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Splatfest just started a hour and a half ago in Japan. Tomorrow is our turn.

so thats why my turf war lobby is empty :<<<<

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

all songs now unlocked in ika radio 2 yay

also i lose 50 power with a loss but only 5 with a win, like what >.<;;;

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

reached mayo queen with 22 wins and 7 losses at 2128.8 power

also i had a weird bug where i leveled up but my xp bar kept going up and up and up and i was like omg am i gonna glitch myself to level 50 but i was back to my old level when i returned to the lobby so yeah that was most unusual

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

man having a charger on your team is pretty much an auto-loss in turf war huh

yea

unless its me :>>>>

3 wins for every loss so i think i did my part for mayo friends

(tbf tho even i get worried when our team spawns and theres another charger on my team)

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

still holding out hope for the yellow basic tee and cream basics with something other than quick respawn and special saver, i like wearing the starter gear as camouflage but those two abilities dont really suit my playstyle

also i love my toni kensa black arrow shoes with ink saver main rather than drop roller

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

dont use clash blaster in turf war

oh we won anyway

e: actually go ahead and use clash blaster, so long as youre having fun thats all that matters

Smiles fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 10, 2017

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

also your sploosh buddy should be cleaning up the fodder, its not like he can do anything else against a steelhead

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

awww the 4k's range is shorter than the 3k's, i wanna refund

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

i dont know why a lot of people keep complaining about randos in salmon run, everysquid seems to know what to do and pretty proficient with each weapon. sometimes you do get a silly billy but that just means you have to try just a little bit harder

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Keiya posted:

Honestly, the 'ranked' name. It evokes things like Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm, where the ranked queues are... not that friendly, shall we say.

yeah, i can vouch for how bad overwatch got. i peaked at mid-masters (3790sr), wanted to get to grandmaster this season, but it really started to grate on me on how mad everyone would get. i actually stopped after playing with someone on my friends list, i picked another hero other than my main (ana at 170 hours, more than every other hero combined, but im still a pretty decent all-rounder at everything else), we got trounced pretty badly and he said angrily in voicechat, "shouldnt have expected much from an anabot". something snapped in my head, i quit the game and havent loaded it since

i still think its a fun game but its just been ruined for me thanks to these people who keep gettin mad at videogames. rip my gold biotic rifle, gold rocket launcher and gold machine pistol

anyways you dont really have that problem in ranked thanks to no voice chat but i still do get jittery just cause of how super intense it can get. maybe i will start splatting that zone, controlling that tower or raining that maker, i dunno yet, i play games to relax, salmon run might be on when i get home from work today and nothing is more relaxing than aiming a stingray down a rush of salmonids during a glowfly event

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

What the heck is an anabot, or do I even want to know?

to be honest there could be worse insults, he just meant that the hero i mained most, ana, was the only hero i was good at, even though i also play a mean pharah and soldier 76. which was another annoying thing i found with overwatch, people can mouse over your profile to see which hero you play most, and if you play anyone that you havent got a lot of hours in, you might get accused of throwing the game and get reported if you dont switch heroes.

im glad theres none of that in splatoon, once youve spawned in a match, you gotta work with whatever your teams got. yeah thats right, i brought an aerospray into tower control, sorry buddy but youre stuck with me for the next five minutes, stop flopping angrily at me and lets go win this thing

Tengames posted:

agreed that salmon run is chill though. Lose on wave one, even lose rank? no biggie, shoot ill gladly play with squids lower rank then me to help them. gonna get that superbonus regardless of what happens.

yeah i can only lol as my teammates all get stingered and flyfished to death as a maw bites off my legs, ill be back next shift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

played for about two hours on salmon run, had a nice relaxing time and went up to 350 profreshional. good job teams