Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Since the last COD suuuuuuucked and I'm tired of Blops3 I'm hoping this can fill the cod-shaped hole in my heart

squid, octopus, and now salmon, but no cod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

afeelgoodpoop posted:

even this one?

We can use that pic like the Rosetta Stone to translate the Inkling language, since we know that text translates to "American Apparel"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The thing is, there's a big variety of cake quality. You can have lovely walmart cake, you can have some kinda crazy haute cuisine cake that's made out of air and spiderwebs. But it's all cake.

Ice cream has a hard ceiling, above a certain level of quality it's not ice cream anymore. It's gelato

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeANMcBAY posted:

Good thing for you guys that both the Wii U and Switch have a bunch of other good games.

at the rate it's going I don't expect the Wii U to have many good exclusives for much longer

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I just heard that Salmon Run is going to be an intermittent mode that you can only play whenever Nintendo decides to make it available, does anyone have a source on that?

The Splatoon 2 direct

at around the 15 minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnIAN06eSAE

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kirios posted:

Until Marina can drop sick beats and freestyles like Pearl she will always be inferior.

Marina is the one dropping the beats, you moron. Marina is the DJ and Pearl is the MC. It's a classic set up

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

pixaal posted:

Nintendo should end this one with another vote for the best sister, and just to troll everyone the two that lost both splatfests should be the hosts for splatoon 3.

The monsters who voted against Callie deserve to suffer

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bizarre deformity posted:

Here's a weird question: my wife loves Splatoon, and is excited for 2. We share a Switch, which we each have a profile on. She has her own NNID and such. If she starts playing Splatoon 2 on our Switch, but then decides to get her own so we can face each other in local multiplayer or play online together, will she have to start over from scratch on the new Switch? Or do we have to wait until they institute cloud saves?

She can put her character info on an Amiibo and transfer it that way

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yodzilla posted:

Everyone knows girls are incapable of wearing a mechanic's jumpsuit without they tits hangin' out.

it's a good look

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wendell posted:

Not until Splaturday.

Saturday? More like Splatur- oh you already did that

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I never played Splatoon before, what do you do when your Splatfest choice doesn't match your favorite girl?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

spit on my clit posted:

what is even the point of the last splatfest if each week is "who is best girl"

I think people are going to treat it a lot more seriously this time around, now that monsters who voted for Marie know that there's actual in-universe consequences for their thoughtless actions

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I finally got around to downloading the demo. I'm used to shooters like Halo, the gyro controls are frying my brain

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
bad cake is way worse than bad ice cream, but good cake is way better than good ice cream

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zaphod42 posted:

Cake is inferior because its dry and chokes up your mouth.

Beelerzebub posted:

Because cake dries out your mouth.

holy poo poo. You guys have never actually had good cake. Ever. This is the most hosed up thing in the world. It's like when a British guy says Mexican food is bad and you want to call him a moron but then you realize, he really doesn't know

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been winning more than losing, you Ice Cream guys might be in trouble

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gimbal lock posted:

It's a free demo. Anybody in this thread will be stomping on kids' faces, so don't expect your performance to reflect the final result.

I dunno, I've fallen in the water more often than I care to admit

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
when do we find out the results?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
apparently if you disconnect during matches too often you get temporarily banned

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

hey welcome to the show! posted:

But "stay off the hook!" is great.
It implies that they wish you to stay cool and also not get caught by a fisherman.

Isn't their band called Off The Hook?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like Marina's light up shorts

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope they release the plot of Splatoon 1 as DLC.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pearl looks good in some fanart

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bandaid.friend posted:

These Callie/Marie amiibos are hard to get

yeah, if there's actually content locked behind them Nintendo needs to do another run

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

some cephalopods have tiddies, get over it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Anyone with crippling ocd want to comment on splatoon painting

I was wondering, is the ink displayed on the screen 100% accurate as to how much of the ground is counted as inked by the game? Like, if there's a tiny little spot that isn't inked, does the game see that?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
only post good fanart

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hate the single player level where you have to ride on the big zamboni so much

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am terrible with the charger weapons, and the octopus snipers gently caress my poo poo up

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress grillers

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
OK I figured out how to kill grillers easily.

NOW EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE DO THAT JESUS CHRIST YOU JUST SAW ME DO IT

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Since they don't have any role in the plot I guess this is how Pearl and Marina will be given strong memorable personalities. By constantly making GBS threads on each other

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

AfroGunsou posted:

ive gotten the oops! all grillers wave at least half a dozen times today and have never come close to clearing it even once.

taking a strong stance against grillers

I survived it once. When one of the other guys got targeted and he immediately went to the center of the map where you can keep it going in circles instead of just running around randomly I almost cried from happiness.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The GIG posted:

Splatoon's lore is a good enough prize, we get to see inkling Instagram, learn Pearl raps because she can't sing for poo poo, and find out the salmonids are considered by many inkling religions to be the sign of the end times.

I love Splatoon's stupid idiot lore for dumb morons.

It's hosed up that the Octolings will put freshly cut tentacles into machines so as they grow and become aware they merge with the machines, creating sentient creatures that exist only to stamp

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
boy howdy am I bad at this game

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a reason Turf War never shows up in the ranked rotation?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

throw to first drat IT posted:

Reminder that inklings are the baddies. You hedonistic monsters.

I'm surprised the single player plot didn't have any explanation for why Marina is accepted in Inkling society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think that's my cue to take a break and wait for the good players to get their rankings up so I don't get matched against them anymore