Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Marina is just a ploy to distract us from the fact that Nintendo didn't name the game spla2n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Shame Boner posted:

HORI need to get started on a mechical controller and bungee combo so my lag-free input experience can be FLAWLESS

I think you can use the pro controller in wired mode now

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Pearl fan art is only good out of necessity because you have to go pretty far off model to make her look good.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

The win is calculated by a purely overhead view. Everything else follows intuitively from that.

Only horizontal surface area matters. Slopes have some horizontal, verticals have none.

Exactly, I don't remember so many people using the weird percentage explanation with the first game or where it came from.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Lakbay posted:

Is all the lower level stuff just from splatoon 1? I recognize these weapons you guys are mentioning. What % of the arsenal is from the first game?

0% because none of the specials from the first game are available

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Afro posted:

my birthday is literally july 21st and i could not have asked for a better gift than splatoon 2 releasing on the same day

so you're literally cancer?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

My internet is slow but I'm glad I put $60 worth of eshop cards earlier tonight.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

i'm bad with charger but at short range can't you just tap the fire button?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

i gotta get a wifi hotspot so i can splat on the beach this summer

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

why do people care about review scores for games they already bought again?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Yeah but is an 84 vs a 92 or whatever meaningful at all? 84 is a good score and splatoon is a good game

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

i think review scores would be a whole lot more useful if they actually used all the numbers instead of anything below 8 meaning it's garbage

also the way metacritic/rotten tomatoes is used as a way to judge something is so bad because it means whatever is blandly appealing to the widest audience is going to get high scores rather than something that might possibly be very narrowly and specifically 'my poo poo'

inferis fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jul 25, 2017

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

just join a new lobby if there's someone you don't want to play with

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

i made sure to get 99 of each before i updated

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

If you've never had kewpie you don't know mayo.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I hated mayo as a kid but kids are idiots

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I think it's win-win, either your team wins in popularity or you don't have to spend 5 minutes finding matches.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

lol nice i got to champion on my very last match

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I love marina but I like to vote for the thing I actually like more and I guess that was the right choice here. The final splatfest is gonna be brutal though. Good job Nintendo for setting us up for a race war

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I feel like any Splatfest is going to be a coin toss. Don’t understand the need to get so spun up over it just have fun :D

I think there's a little bit of joy in taking something kind of dumb very seriously though. It's a good change of pace from normal life in 2017 which is being forced to pay attention to a lot of bad and also serious stuff.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Mr E posted:

Did ketchup v ketchup battles count towards wins? I literally didn't fight mayo at all going to King.

They do but the other ketchup team also counts for a loss

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

The only time I ever seabagged was accidentally when my teammate splatted someone about to splat me and I was desperately trying to get out of the ink at my feet

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Kaubocks posted:

and die multiple times while not splatting anyone

oh i didn't know this, i guess it's completely useless then

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

lelandjs posted:

It's super easy to create a new account on the Switch, right?

I double dog dare any of the goons here who are saying git gud to create a smurf account and slum it down in C rank for a bit and then still come back saying "the problem is 100% you"

Because it's not. It was easy for you to rise because you got the game release day, poopsocked it to level 10, played through C and B with other poopsockers like yourself who know how to play the game because you all poured 100+ into Splatoon 1. Meanwhile, the players who were/are bad at the game that were at C when you spend through ranked are still down here in C, making GBS threads it up for the rest of us who took our time getting to level 10.

Even if this is right then worst case scenario there's four idiots on the other team and three on yours

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

i would do some salmon run but i'm only go-getter SW-4843-0928-4490

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

JackDarko posted:

You think Grizz Co does this poo poo on purpose to keep our pay rates low? We should really unionize against these practices.

With all the angry posts about him not offering shifts every day he will always be able to find scabs and union busters

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Inkjet is good but you do need to keep your distance. You can also just use it for covering turf/loving up the enemy spawn

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

my highlights tonight:

https://twitter.com/notallramen/status/898036486104170496

https://twitter.com/notallramen/status/898033762159575040

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Nintendo: nazi vs antifa splatfest when?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Thinking about a splatoon tattoo, should it be splat tim y/n

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/jenn_raye/status/898552314197401601

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Zeruel posted:

I need to draw up a Goofus and Gallant on using the elevators in Salmon Run, gently caress me. Even when it's not me being left behind, 2/3 people with eggs will be on the elevator and the other person will just blast it up.

How about this one? Goofus complains about his salmon run teammates but gallant inks the sides of the elevators before the round starts.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

so how long am i supposed to stand on the elevator waiting for my teammates

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Bill Barber posted:

I mean if they're near you and they've got an egg then you should wait like 3 seconds at least to see if they're headed your way. It's not particularly difficult.

3 seconds is longer than it takes the elevator to go up and then down again

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Keiya posted:

I was going to go flight but I don't know if I can support putting mayonnaise on cake.

Good thing you're voting on flight vs invisibility then

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I went out for dinner tonight and came home real drunk. 15 losses 6 wins for team invisibility sorry

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I'm not mad you're mad I actually think it's funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Relyssa posted:

Looking fresh is the most important thing in the game.

the ugly clothes have good abilities for game balance