Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

OP can't cover everything!

gently caress that I miss Left 4 Dead 2

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dude ate an entire box of donuts in minutes

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ostentatious posted:

i tried playing splatoon 1 for the first time in a year and i have no idea how i was even able to use that tablet well

I couldn't either. It was the death knell for a game I otherwise really liked.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

oopsie rock posted:

The testfires were primarily server stress tests, though. I think this is the same sort of deal, just dressed up with some extra marketing hype.

Yea, and this one being 4 hours long obviously means this is the last chance before launch to really make sure the servers are up to the task. Nintendo is hit or miss with their online endeavors, but I really like what they've done with Splatoon. It's a win-win -- fans and skeptics can try it out before launch without having to preorder or anything, and those who do buy it enjoy pretty solid connectivity from day one.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Please look forward to my pic of the Marina amiibo after having spent about 12 seconds in the microwave

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

inferis posted:

I think you can use the pro controller in wired mode now

Supposedly, using the Pro controller in wired mode adds more lag than Bluetooth, yes really. Supposedly.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

That's like 15% bummer (that saves won't get you anything in the full game) and 85% adorable (wtf is a super sea snail?)

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dr Cheeto posted:

tldr: you collect the cute snails and feed them to a sea urchin who eats them alive

This is not fukin cute at all. I'm gonna stockpile the snails or throw them back if that is allowed.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Is that the Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin Ta gently caress Wit video

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Pierson posted:

Can GMT players play their Splatfest then wait a bunch of time and then play the US one? Can you have different regions of the same game on the same Switch?

Edit: Is it as simple as make a US/JP Nintendo ID on PC, make a new Profile on the Switch called like '[Name]US', then just link them?

Yea, all you need to do is create a JP locale Nintendo account to download the Japanese client. You can then play in their Splatfest on any account you choose.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'm getting people from all over the world! Lots of "nameJP," the goon-favorite "nameJAP," and various different alphabets (some German and Russian names thrown in there.) probably like a 1:10 non-Japanese to Japanese ratio, hah.

Servers are rock solid, too. Thank god. I was worried after Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and ARMS.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Beelerzebub posted:

I'M STIIIIIIIILLLLL IN A DREEEEEEEAAAAAM
CAKE EATER

I wanted to make a spoof video of that intro sequence called "Snack Eater" with a big fat Naked Snake when that game came out, but "Cake Eater" sounds much better.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I liked this Splatfest quite a bit. I can't stay plugged into many games for 4 hours straight these days. Of course, I'm pretty new to Splatoon; I bought the first one but sold it within 10-15 hours of play because I just couldn't get comfortable wielding the giant Gamepad around. Pro controller and (especially) split Joy-cons fixes that.

I think my favorite thing was how the plaza got neon decorated in everyone's miiverse-esque posts.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The first testfire used about 150MB an hour. Seems alright to me, and I've only got about 3.5GB a month with rollover, 2GB without. Not something I'd do every day, though.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I wish

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The Bloop posted:

See even with all the hype, Penis Under Big Gut just doesn't appeal to me.

Ok fine I'll actually try to look up whatever you're talking about.

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds. It really, really looks like a game you must try to really see if you like it or not. Watching streamers play it makes it look hideously boring.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Jonas Albrecht posted:

No, calling a game that changes as much as Splatoon 2 does a port is stupid.

Inscrutable Judd.

Eh, if you're trying to be a faceless YouTube personality, you gotta come up with something else to get the clicks besides "stupid agape face pretending to be in shock at something."

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I wish this were coming out tomorrow instead. I now have a bunch of poo poo I have to do on Friday and am throwing a ridiculous internal adult tantrum about it.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Don't get too excited friend.

Reviewer here, The NDA for this game was basically 2 pages of DON'T SAY WHAT THE CALLIE AND MARIE AMIIBOS DO OR ELSE.

What they do

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Kilometers Davis posted:

This is hard because mayo in tuna is amazing but ketchup goes with everything. Ahhhhhh.

Nothin sets off the flavor of a good steak like ketchup

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Are you supposed to see your own Fake Miiverse drawing in your profile? I posted it to my TWITTAH but I don't see it anywhere.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Couple things -

I quit out of the game for the first time and reloaded it, and all but one of the Fake Miiverse posts changed. Maybe quitting and reloading is the way to cycle them? They hadn't changed before I did that, and I played all day Friday and Saturday.

I bought out all the stuff in the shops, and 2 and 3 slot stuff is in stock now. I'm now wearing hi-top retro basketball shoes, a trench coat, and a hockey helmet.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Lobstertainment posted:

Does the splattershot pro have a greater range then the tentatek one? As usual for multiplayer shooters I cant find a single gun that feels right for me. I'm weird.

I think the Pro gains a little range at the cost of firing speed, but not sure. I know the N-Zapper and Jet Squelcher (unlocks at 17 or 18) both have pretty good range, but do a little less damage. Of course, the Aerospray gets good range as well, but isn't as accurate as the others at long distances.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Which one of you is this

Also, I don't feel like this will ever happen again:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Hey game stop giving me Cold Blooded aka The Worst Perk In The Game on literally all of my slots. I dunno if items have predetermined chances for perks or what, but I've got 12 Cold Blooded ability chunks and like 1-3 of everything else, if any.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Rexroom posted:

The memes, they're everywhere.

I get so irrationally upset at how hard some people are trying with these miiverse posts, but I'm really glad that they are making them. Better than super lovely drawings of Judd and squids and anime poo poo I guess.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Zelder posted:

Why would other people producing quality content make you upset

I said it was irrational!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

*pops a double cash food*
*loses the next 10 matches in a row*

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Are they gonna need the Aerospray or what? When 3 out of the 4 people on the other team are using it it's a massacre.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I've found my niche in Splattershot Pro. Now if only the people who get disconnected mid-match could get fed up with this game and shelf it, this game would be incredibly good.

Like even when a disconnect leads to a win, it still doesn't feel like a good win... :(

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Coolspaz posted:

Can someone make a "How to not suck at salmon run" cheat sheet?

I know there is also a mother ship thing that I'll probably never see but if I can get basic strats for each boss/round it would really help me

It's all about playing to your current weapon's advantages, and experience helping you do that quickly. Like if you're given the Charger on a Griller round, you can help a ton going exclusively for the Griller's tongues, but you'd be hurting the team if you focused on the lil baby fish, for example. It's all pretty organic. For whatever weapon you're given, spend the first 10 seconds of warm-up thinking how it'd work well, and how it'd be wasted. This doesn't always mean offense, as the rollers are probably best keeping paths cleared for your team.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Making me feel like sexchanging to a female inkling for Futaba cosplay purposes. Holy poo poo this is the most millennial thing I've ever typed by far.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

LethalGeek posted:

The direct says negates a single attack, no matter how strong. I really think this has changed. I don't feel like I've gotten tapped by a single bolt and then it faded,but I kinda count the hits I take and know when I'm down to my last.

I get the feeling it's one second of attacks from the moment you get hit or something like that. I've run into plenty of armored people from behind and opened fire on them, only to hear tons of PLINK-PLINK before chewing through the armor and getting those dull whack sounds.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Oh, my game hasn't updated yet. I figured it would've overnight. Guess I'm grinding cash tickets today!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Pants Donkey posted:

I dunno what it is, but I seem to have success much more often on Profreshional than Overachiever

Same. I think it's because a lovely player can be carried to Overachiever, but to get to Profreshional you really need to know what you're doing.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

weird Asian candy posted:

So I just popped into the game last night, did the tutorial and got thrown immediately into multiplayer with like level 15s, 16s and 20s and got absolutely destroyed. I tried to find a local mode vs AI so I could get some practice but nope, no dice. I then discovered campaign mode. Should I run campaign mode and then jump into multiplayer? I feel like that is the way to go.

Also, what are your opinions on motion control? I did the tutorial with it, wasn't sure about it so switched to non motion controls and it seemed...more difficult.

Yea, if turf war seems too intimidating right now, definitely go through the single player mode. Try all the control options you have to see what feels best -- individual Joy-cons feel quite different than when they're in the grip, or the Pro controller, or handheld mode.

Most people will recommend motion control because it offers an easier route to quick precision, it just might take a few days to click. Sensitivity settings are up to you. Don't forget that it's totally okay to use both analog and motion at the same time, or you can just pick one or the other.

My personal settings are +3 for analog, +1.5 for motion. I'll use analog for large camera movements in non-firefight areas, but as soon as I'm trying to engage someone, I face them, push Y to snap the camera, and use motion just about exclusively. YMMV, especially for weapons where precision isn't of utmost importance (e.g. rollers, brushes, buckets.)

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I can only carry so hard Taylor, how about you fire your fukin weapon next time

This has been the case just about every game tonight.

Edit: lol of course we lost turf war to three Aerosprays! Just noticed that.

Fauxtool posted:

is there a tool people are using to upload that too perfect art or are they really zooming way in and drawing a pixel at a time?

Yea, someone wrote a script that utilizes the Pokken gamepad to read an image file and input the right sequence of inputs to recreate it in-game.

enojy fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 28, 2017

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nephzinho posted:

If you're trying to ask what they normally appear as in the ingame store, the common ability of any of the rare splatnet abilities is at the bottom of the page.

Yeah, it isn't that great anymore. If enemies are right on top of your landing zone you're still boned. Drop-roll is much better now for landing into a hot zone and getting right back into the fight. Or, just let them camp your marker because you're splashing down anyway.

Ninja Squid is still very very very good. I would argue it is buffed from 1 because of lack of map awareness due to hiding the map. You can sneak up on people much more easily. Drop Roller can also be very good if you plan on jumping into trouble. Swim Speed and Move Speed are also insanely good. Respawn Punisher is going to be bad for a lot of people, but really broken for a small few.

Hell yeah Ninja Squid. Once I got a 3-slot chest with it, I've been building around it with swim speed.

About Special Power Up -- anyone know if that increases the ink output of Ink Storm or just makes it do more damage? If it's the former, I kinda wanna stack it so it just floats a giant blob across the map. It seems to be killing more, though, so I suspect it's just the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

If those upcoming dual squelchers have the range of the jet squelcher I'm gonna poo poo my pants in both fear and joy.