Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
Having never play Splatoon 1 and missing the global test fire i'm super excited to try out the splatfest, and yes, Team ice cream is the correct team to be on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Lakbay posted:

Will be there more pants options in the full game? I know splatoon 1 only had those bike shorts and 1 hair style for each gender but in a game that sorta revolves around fashion it's weird for there only to be the tights for the girl inkling, and the awful shorts over tights for the boy

It's pretty obvious you know nothing about being fresh

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Lakbay posted:

Is a pair of jeans too much to ask for

I don't know about you, but if I had squid legs and swam in ink all the time jeans would not work very well

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

eonwe posted:

are t here people okay with carrying me as dead weight

I plan to be the guy who runs around our side with a roller covering every inch before venturing out into the fray

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

a.lo posted:

cake is like a sandwich

Where ice cream sandwiches are an actual thing

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Hopefully they have some kind of guild option

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
As long as the gear you get from salmon run is not required to compete I'm all for it. It will bug me if theres a BIS that you can only get from a certain salmon run boss that only opens up every 6 months

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Those headphones promote talking to people I'm playing with. That seems against the goon code of conduct

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

LethalGeek posted:

I want to make sure you all are absolutely clear that NO I am not getting on voice. and god help you if you effect my rank scores.

If I recall correctly you go solo for ranked, unless you're talking about league in which case spamming booyea and c'mon this way will be more than sufficient

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

ManlyGrunting posted:

It's probably for the best I can't afford voice chat. I have yelled some very hurtful things to probably literal children while playing the first Splatoon.

I don't think having 12 year olds cussing non stop while painting is my idea of a good time, but what do you expect with goons playing?

edit: grammar

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Bongo Bill posted:

I really wish this demo gave access to the firing range. I want to cover every square inch of some place get used to the controls in a stress-free environment.

Same. I spent 5 min learning the controls and forgot them 10 min later. If I manage to shoot ink during the first match on the 15th it will be a win

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Pierson posted:

Is there a good writeup for tips for new players on how to play (like how to best take/hold territory, how to make best use of weapons) and how the motion controls work? I love the game but it's super-clear when there's an experienced guy on the other team.

Do what I plan to do, paint all the ground and run to others to do the killing for me!

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
I get to play in 4.5 hours, and I'm excited. My first order of business is to not be dead last in every battle, if I can accomplish that, I'll be happy

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Pierson posted:

How is that calculated anyway? I see it records usage of specials and kills, does it also record area inked?

It recorded area inked in the test fire so I can only hope so (that's what I will try not to be last in)

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
I managed to get Ice cream king but feel like I need to get better with the guns, mostly ran around like an idiot with the roller. Sill fun as hell, and 4 rollers on the same team made for some hilariously bad losses when it was vs 4 duelies

Edit: grammar/spelling

Coolspaz fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 16, 2017

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Curse you euro goons. I'll have my splatoon. Just you wait (another 12 hours 21 min)

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Rexroom posted:

If it's any consolation, I still have to get my Switch from the shop tomorrow.

Just traded old crap for some eb games credit. 1 gen behind and it loses 80% of its value

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Is "hey don't waste your money at eb ya dummy" really so bad? I'm used to being told I'm a loving piece of poo poo on the regular on these here forums, or worse. I was just busting his chops while offering sound advise, I figured 'dummy' would come across as friendly ribbing. I really like leaptrade and while its a bit of a pain to get setup on ebay you make soooo much more money.

Effort vs value. After moving house and trying to sell furnature I perfer the drop off and get something avenue cause I'm lazy (c'mon I'm a goon here)

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Are there any clear "must have" abilities? I figure fast respawn and slow their respawn could be useful any others?

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Futaba Anzu posted:

works fine on my machine

I can't wait 25 min I want it now!!

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

da beeper king BABY posted:

I think I've gotten four different eshop error messages so far

classic nintendo

I hit purchase then Eshop crashed but it's now downloading

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
How do you gain points in the salmon run/how do I get lots of points quickly? Do the orange power points do anything beside litter the screen?

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
How in the ever loving gently caress do I kill/stop/not get butt hosed by a Griller. I'm pretty bad at this game, but running for my life and still getting curb stomped by a Griller seems to be counter productive.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A Griller targeting you is not your problem, combat-wise anyway. Establish a route and let your teammates burn it down while you kite it around the map. The only time you fight it is when they've stunned it.

Just to make sure, the spaceship things with red laser pointers are Grillers right?

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Can someone make a "How to not suck at salmon run" cheat sheet?

I know there is also a mother ship thing that I'll probably never see but if I can get basic strats for each boss/round it would really help me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Does ninja squid make it so you an swim around and no one can tell you are there, so you can pop up and brush their face to death?