Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What does "iida" mean in Japanese?

An iidako is a kind of octopus.

E: bah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

afeelgoodpoop posted:

even this one?

Booyah!

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

deadly_pudding posted:

I loving dare you to look at the rest of that guy's twitter timeline lol

edit: On second thought it's a pretty even mix of horny and not horny in there

Which is this one?

https://twitter.com/y_agc/status/879653094480531456

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Be honest with yourself and vote for what you actually like. Don't be like the Marie diehards in the first game that pretended they actually roasted hotdogs over a campfire instead of marshmallows.

I had campfire roasted hot dogs for the first time last month and they were really good. Better than marshmallows, even. I had no idea what I had been missing.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I'm team ice cream but I'm including gelato and frozen custard

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Just buy a separate Switch for each game and leave the game in the slot.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I'm having trouble deciding between last ditch effort and tenacity on this special order helmet...

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

DalaranJ posted:

When does last ditch effort trigger in ranked modes? This seems like an extremely important factor.

At 30

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I've done worse with this set than any other, plus it's boring.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

The Mattybee posted:

Yeah, it's just frustrating because there's nothing OBVIOUSLY bad about this to me. I know the last set was pretty good but I can't think of a set I've had more issues with, and in a vacuum it doesn't seem bad

My best guess is the charger is really slow and the brush and roller are doubling up on the same crowd control role. I only played two matches and in both we just couldn't keep up with the boss spawns.

E: Gusher and glowfly rounds were incredibly easy for this same reason.

Modus Pwnens fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 14, 2017

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Now do that one with all booyahs

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

WarpedNaba posted:

Me. Didn't have a decent enough rig when it was on special, didn't see a good enough special after I got the rig.

The real question is who is buying it NOW.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Rexroom posted:

Sub Power Up is one of those abilities that aren't necessary to have. For most subs it'll just give you a longer range, which is useful at some situations, but not something that really demands it. So what could it possibly offer to the Beakon?

The ability for anyone to super jump to them more quickly. Basically one main Sub Power Up translates to one main Quick Super Jump on the Beakon. That's an intriguing feature and something that could make a difference in some games.

There's even a video comparing the results although it's in Japanese - but you can clearly see the test results.

Close, but not quite! Here's their findings:

Any super jump with no power ups = 4 sec.

Jumping to a beacon placed with 3 main Sub Power Ups = 3 sec. (for self and all allies)

Any super jump with 3 main Quick Super Jumps = 2.67 sec.

So the Sub Power Up is not quite as powerful as a Quick Super Jump, but it affects anyone jumping to that beacon.
*If you have Sub Power Ups and jump to a teammate's beacon, you don't get the shortened time. It only applies to beacons placed by a player with Sub Power Up.

It would be interesting to see how they combine, and how quickly you could jump with maxed out Quick Super Jumps to a beacon placed with max Sub Power Ups.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I think I'm just going to sit that one out.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Lakbay posted:

That might be Japan only (unless you are in Japan)

Not in Japan at the moment, but I have a Japanese copy and the splatfests are tied to that.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Lost at wave one because two teammates stood and guarded a batch of eggs spamming c'mon c'mon c'mon instead of just taking them in.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Aaaand the next round one because they scattered at glowflies. Did something happen to pubbies since the last time I played a couple weeks ago or was it just bad luck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Anyone else import the wafer trading cards? Looking to trade...