Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Since the last COD suuuuuuucked and I'm tired of Blops3 I'm hoping this can fill the cod-shaped hole in my heart

Oh it will fill so, so much more. Your entire heart will be swallowed by the tentacle bearing boiling pitch of Splatoon. You will awake on full moons to find yourself having gone on horrible killing sprees in which anyone who prefers cake to ice cream will have died by your hand. You will stare at the monster you've become in the mirror and only one word will come from your lips

"More"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

PEARL GET BACK IN THE BASEMENT MARINA DIDN'T SAY YOU COULD COME OUT

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Here's looking at you, squid should be the next Splatoon thread title

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I have vacation for nine days starting on the 21st I am gonna squid all over the place. I shall evolve into the perfect squid being. I will probably be arrested for doing this

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The gas mask, like the boonie hat, is decidedly unfresh and should not be worn. I will not be seen with gas masks or boonies they can go hang out in the alley with the other trash

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Overbite posted:

Ice cream is bad because if you eat it too slow it melts but if you eat it too fast you get a headache. You can eat cake at any speed.

If you wanna eat lovely sweet bread I guess that's fine? Ice cream is good plain but all the "best" cakes always have non cake stuff in and on them to make them better. People love plain ice cream but how many people like plain white cake with no frosting?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Oh I'm sorry

(sorry you have terrible taste :boom: )

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Pearl has grown on me as a character so now I like both hosts the gremlin is fine

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Ban this sick filth

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Leave the splatgun.

Take the cannoli.

Well I mean of it was ice cream vs came vs cannoli gotta go with cannoli no contest

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

You know seeing how many other sea life forms the squids oppress or enslave for their own gain.......are we the baddies?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I've played for an hour and I've gotten only one match against cake scum

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am getting blown up a lot spawning on teammates...

Jump only to safe teammates. The enemy will get a big indicator of you landing and will kill you as soon as you land. Conversely if you have a charged super punch ult you can use it mid super jump and it's a great way to tell jump campers to get hosed

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Cubivore_ posted:

How do you use your special? can't figure it out

Click right stuck when charged

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

A good habit for new players to get used to doing is using the the camera reorient button to make the camera face where you're looking for super fast large camera snaps followed by using the motion to fine tune your aim it's a lot faster then stick

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I have a non-dual band 2.4 ghz router and was thinking of upgrading to a dual band 5ghz one. Anyone with a Switch done this and noticed a jump in better wifi signal connectivity?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

enojy posted:

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds. It really, really looks like a game you must try to really see if you like it or not. Watching streamers play it makes it look hideously boring.

I like it but I'm slowly coming to the fact that yeah I don't actually do much in the game. Due to the open fields and the strength of long ranged weapons most of the time I'm gathering supplies for an anticapated gun fight only to be dropped when I start to make my way to the safe zone before I actually see another player. My want to play has steadily gone down because of that and it really makes me appreciate Valve's dev commentary in TF2 where outside of sniper, who they purposely gated his power hard, the designed the rest of the classes to need to get in close range for combat because it's much more fun. Kind of like how Splatoon 2 does it!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Actually all that time in the cryo chamber mutated Jude's genes. He now reproduces via budding and Lil' Judd is the first result of that

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'm gonna walk into Walmart on Friday like Vince McMahon and only communicate with open palm face slaps to indicate I want a copy of Splatoon 2. When I'm tackled by security I will start screaming I am a SovCit and their naval gold fringe flag rules don't apply to me

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Zelder posted:

The super target near me was selling the digital codes out today so I'm now downloading splatoon 2

How are you gonna be able to taste a digital copy though?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Watching Pearl in motion and MC makes her much more likable as character

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

Hay guyz I found this funny comic

I am so sorry

Not really

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mayo has a lot more uses then ketchup and mayo enhances ketchup to an entire new power level. Pearl is the right choice this time, sorry Ketchup nerds

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Trip report: Splatoon 2 cart does not taste like squid

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Salmon Run is so drat fun

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Is this round of Salmon Run only until midnight tonight or midnight tomorrow night?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Just ordered that fly as hell Satin Jacket off the Splatnet app and picked it up from Merch. Now I need some fly sunglasses and high tops and I can be every jock from 80's movies

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If you use the This Way voice command players get an arrow directing them to your location

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Had two teammates in Salmon Run who played it like Turf War and ignored golden eggs :stare:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dr. Fetus posted:

I don't know why some people in this thread complained when a reviewer called it basically a port of Splatoon 1. (Especially when said complainers hadn't played the game yet.) As of this moment not a lot has really changed from Splatoon 1. Not necessarily a bad thing, but come on, people. Though it'll probably change as more content is added.

Honest question: what could they have changed to make it feel like a sequel to you? It has new maps, weapons, clothes, maps, modes, and a new single player campaign. I don't get how somehow Splatoon 2 is a port yet CoD, Battlefield, Battlefront, and a slew of other multiplayer shooters dont have this weird rear end bar to clear that's been placed for Splatoon 2

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh, I thought respawn punisher only affected people that splat you, not people you splat

This is my take on it as well. It basically turns you into like a poisonous little squid that if you die you have to wait to respawn longer but the next time the player who splatted you is splatted they have to wait to respawn longer too

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

People in Salmon Run really have no idea what to do when they have Glowflys on them

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

drat guys no need to stomp on the little crabguy on live television

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Given the tape reels in his shop and the casual disregard for employees I imagine Mr. Grizz is a Soviet era bear who was part of a much earlier cryo experiment then Judd and now has squid kids harvesting him salmon eggs

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Splat Dualies are great once you get the rolling down. All these aerospray MG users have no idea what to do when you zip behind them with your two rolls. Also had my first intense match that ended in a .1% victory for my team and it felt awesome

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Jarogue posted:

Confirmed that Salmonid and Octarians are friends.

Which gives rise to the fact that the Salmonid aren't dumb animals for harvest but are an actual race that understands technology and the squids are literally harvesting their young for food and resources

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Can anyone offer advice as to how to use the Stingray? It is very hard to aim and the aim adjustments move at a glacial pace, so I'm not sure what I should even be doing with it.

If you need to readjust your aim outside of small movements stop firing and re-aim, it's much faster. The further away from your targets the better, as small adjustments span larger distances the further away you are. Use it in conjunction with teammates as it pierces all walls and can completely cut off retreat lines for enemy players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The best ink is orange in Salmon Run because then it looks like you part of some 90's fish based Nickelodeon hellscape with the orange and green ink fighting each other