Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tonight's Best Match Will Be:
This poll is closed.
Brock vs Joe 25 27.78%
Roman vs Braun 15 16.67%
Seth vs Bray 1 1.11%
Alexa vs Sasha 10 11.11%
Iron Man Tag Match 9 10.00%
Enzo vs Big Cass 7 7.78%
The Miz vs Ambrose 3 3.33%
Neville vs Tozawa 20 22.22%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I only caught the tail end of that but it seems like it was really solid. :) Gonna be a good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

Why do I watch this poo poo? It's just going to be a bunch of poo poo finishes and Roman standing tall. Always is.

Roman is going to lose.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That was a good opener that told a good story IMHO. Good start.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
3-1

THE MOST DANGEROUS LEAD

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wait wait, was Cesaro legal for that last fall? I'm legit confused.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Man are they doing all heels but Roman win again?

No. Alexa and Roman are losing, I'm thinking.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I loving TOLD Y'ALL

That was a poo poo, poo poo, poo poo finish though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I really hope we get Roman/Braun/Brock for the Universal Title at Summerslam. Most Kaiju-tastic match in wrestling history.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Luigi Thirty posted:

god dammit I was sure Braun was going to come out and no-sell it

There's still time? Maybe?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bartok posted:

Me thinks Brock doesn't want to wrestle more than 10 minutes

Brock is so, SO much worse than Roman.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
BRAUN IS GONNA COME OUT NO-SELLIN'

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Braun Strowman loving rules so much.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

God damnit I was hoping for Braun to kick the ambulance door clean off and stomp out.

Me too but if anything that was almost better.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think this show has actually been really good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Brock Lesnar loving SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

Seriously he is everything people bitch about with Roman but worse.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Awwwwww.... :smith:

Still a great match, shame about the finish but Joe looked amazing throughout at least

No he didn't. He looked like utter poo poo. Brock buried him like he's buried literally everyone not named Taker or Roman since Suplex City as a concept began.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

Nope. Roman's still way worse - at least Brock's matches are entertaining as gently caress.

Roman's matches entertain me waaaaaay more than Brock's at this point.

Brock is More Roman Than Roman.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bill Goldberg posted:

you have a caterpillar that lives in your brain that thinks these things, you must fight the caterpillar

Someone please tell me how Brock's matches aren't 90% lazy as gently caress, 10% squash/spectacle at this point, it's literally the same thing Roman does and yet lots of people whine about Roman and jizz themselves over Brock.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeepDickPizza posted:

Brock's sprint matches are hilarious. I think Joe looked about as good as expected there. Brock vs. Braun is THE money match now and it's going to rule.

They're going to have Roman beat Brock, don't be an idiot.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bill Goldberg posted:

brock is boring, i agree. roman as a concept is insulting.

Roman is at least there. He at least has a shitload of matches. He has different matches with different guys, even though he has a formula. Brock is boring, lazy, has a top title, only shows up about 4 times a year, and it's the same poo poo every time.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Professor Funk posted:

here's my white hot take: i like roman more than brock now

I 100% agree.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cabbit posted:

I mean if you really need to be told the difference: Brock is a freak specimen and even his lovely, boring matches usually feature some kind of mind-boggling moment of physicality. Roman Reigns, by contrast, is a shitbird idiot who can't have somebody roll on to his goddamn shoulders for the world's worst Samoan drop without his knees buckling.

Brock also brings Paul Heyman with him, who is the best promo in the biz, whereas Roman is godawful on the mic.

Paul Heyman, much like Brock, has all the ABILITY to put on all-time classics but has been a lazy, one-note hack for years.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Yeah but dude you get that Brock's matches are like that so Roman will look SO COOL AND STRONG AND BIG DOG AND YARD when he lasts more than five minutes with Lesnar, right? Brock murdered Randy Orton and Dean Ambrose and Samoa Joe and Goldberg but -- my god -- he's suplexing Roman and ROMAN IS LAUGHING?! HOW CAN HE POSSIBLY BE LAUGHING?!

It's all part of the same problem like it has been for over two years now.

Oh boy, Sasha's shootin'.

I agree and I've been saying this for months but Roman still does more for me than Brock in July 2017 and has for a while.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cabbit posted:

Be that as may, one note is still better than the musical equivalent of Roman Reigns, which is the sound of two cats loving three cats.

Nope. People overrate Brock/Heyman and underrate Roman, though they both have many of the same issues.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

That reminds me, remember The Beast vs The Best? That match loving ruled.

That was the last great solo match Brock had except MAYBE the Taker HIAC.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Roman's a solid wrestler at WWE style but he's so terrible at the babyface role they've put him in he actively makes me not want to watch the show week to week.

Brock holding the belt and only wrestling once every few months is dumb as hell and he needs to drop it soon, but he doesn't make me cringe on a weekly basis like Roman's character does.

That's only BECAUSE Brock rarely shows up. Here's the thing. Roman is arguably bad for the product, but Brock, who has been poo poo largely because he doesn't care and admittedly because The Ballad of Brock and Roman hasn't finished to Vince's satisfaction yet, is holding half of the entire product hostage and weighing it down. Raw, in essence, has no top title.

I can't wait for Brock to vanish forever.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Here's the thing I don't get about those defending Brock. Do you guys not realize that he only exists as a monster to put Roman over? I'd be much more forgiving if there was a CHANCE that anyone other than Roman would beat hm. It should've been Joe. Plain and simple. They shoulda just pulled the trigger. You'd have made a new star, it would've worked, and the crowd would've loved it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Ever since Heyman laid out his promo outline on Austin's podcast I can see it in every promo he does and it has become immensely boring and cookie cutter

No but see HE'S THE BEST TALKER IN THE COMPANY.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cabbit posted:

Paul Heyman on his worst night puts more emphasis and vitriol into his promos than like half the loving roster on both shows. You know this, man. He's phoning it in, but in sheer ability he is definitely the best talker in the company even if he's underutilizing it.

A dude who has the ability to be great but currently isn't because of lovely booking is still a better talker than somebody who is just flat out bad, like Roman Sufferin' Succotash Reigns.

I never said Roman's a better talker than Paul. I said Paul is doing lazy and/or repetitive poo poo that doesn't entertain me and I'm literally as bored if not more bored of it than Roman which is really damning. Exact same goes for Brock v. Roman on the wrestling front..

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Liquid Communism posted:

Ambrose has been phoning it in since they hosed up with his first WWE title build.

Most people don't realize that a big part of why he wrestles like that except in really high profile situations is that he's wrestled more than ANYONE in WWE the past 3-4 years without getting hurt. The dude is a loving ironman, and a workhorse on the house show circuit.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Liquid Communism posted:

I'm not blaming him. He's got a new wife and is working a safer style than he did on the indies. It's not like working crazier bumps would get him a push, so gently caress it, do what you do.

Oh okay, that's cool then. I hear a lot of people leveling it at him as a knock like he's not capable of dialing it up but he absolutely is, he's just also being smart.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

*dean ambrose does another comically bad match with horrible selling* well that's his right and i respect that
*roman reigns does a sell segment in a match* you bitch motherfucker

Dean has pretty good matches and I have no issue with Roman so I hope you're not talking to me with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeepDickPizza posted:

Brock Lesnar works five minute matches four times a year, gets paid millions and millions of dollars and remains one of the biggest stars on the roster. He is the smartest man in wrestling and you should respect that.

I do. Doesn't mean I'm entertained by him or don't want him to gently caress off.

• Locked thread